Camera talk...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Congratulations sujoy... Very very happy for you

Do get someone to get pics even if it's with the s90 only. Also this might be a time to practice your selfies.

Plus get a proper prewed shoot done. That's the best part

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Amlan :)

yaah many people can take with S90..and photographers will be there from both side.

prewed shoot...thats a nice idea :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Absolutely.. It allows you to get a proper choreographed, fun types shoot. Baad me to you'll have to depend on the whims and fancies of of the wedding photographers. Aise pose karo waise pose karo and all

Or you can invest in a drone and shoot your own pics

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Gorillapod for Rs 399 lightening deal. Got myself one.

Joby JB01238-CAM GorillaPod Original Tripod: Amazon.in: Electronics

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

Congrats sujoy ! Looks like you will get busy :cool:

powa

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, this is powa from west bengal. Actually I am planning fro buying a decent slr camera. I selected nikon d5200 INR 33,950 (with AF-S 18-55mm VRII Kit Lens) and
canon eos1200d kit 33000 Digital SLT 20.1 Mega Pixel Camera with SAL1855 Lens
SLT-A58K
plese suggest me which to buy///NB Nikon has 24.1 mp .....really is it?////urgent....pl quick reply

sujoyp

Grand Master
Gorillapod for Rs 399 lightening deal. Got myself one.

Joby JB01238-CAM GorillaPod Original Tripod: Amazon.in: Electronics

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

Congrats sujoy ! Looks like you will get busy :cool:

Thanks faun...i am already busy and not shooting much...now this...maybe i will have to take complete break :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Canon G5X and G9X spec leaked. Both houses 1" sensor. I guess it's the end of 1/1.7" sensor from Canon.

G5X seems good - G7X's lens in a new body. I guess it's a new line. The highlight is, it does have VF. None of the 1" (from Canon) have VF, even G1X M2 doesn't have.
G9X - Is it a upgrade to G7X? Looks like downgrade. Lens is not as fast as G7X and focal range too reduced both at wide and tele.

It seems like Canon concentrated more on the camera size and weight. G9X is lighter than S120 and G5X is lighter than G16/Stylus 1.

sujoyp

Grand Master
whatever they release..if its not priced under 30k then its overpriced :D canon have priced g1X too high..in India the only option we have is Sony

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
if its not priced under 30k then its overpriced :D
canon have priced g1X too high..in India the only option we have is Sony
:D
Other than Sony, we have G7X. I saw a G7X listing for around 32k, it's the cheapest I have ever seen for this model.
After price cut G1X is now cheaper than RX100 M3.
Most likely G9X would be priced much lower than the launching price of any one inch sensor cameras.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I still didnt understand why these cost soo much...when nikon J1 with 1 inch sensor and 10-30 kit lens costed just 18k last...why these compact cams cost soo much..these also have variable aperture...I would have given them advantage it it was a f2.8 fixed...but a lens like f2.8-4 on a 27-85 lens is nothing brilliant.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I still didnt understand why these cost soo much...when nikon J1 with 1 inch sensor and 10-30 kit lens costed just 18k last...why these compact cams cost soo much..these also have variable aperture...I would have given them advantage it it was a f2.8 fixed...but a lens like f2.8-4 on a 27-85 lens is nothing brilliant.
Probably they are keeping bigger profit margin for compact cameras or may be they have spend a lot of money on R&D for making these compacts or may be the technology is new and it will some years for price to stabilize. Yeah, 28-85 is no brilliant. But as I mentioned earlier, this will be priced much lower (just my speculation) or it will see huge/sooner price cut as there are not many large sensor compacts from any manufacturers under 30k.

sujoyp

Grand Master
crossing 30k is a premium for any compact...people will definitely think about DSLR or m4/3 at that point

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
G5X and G9X are now official. Looking at the pricing, Canon has nicely priced it's large sensor compacts. I guess for now Canon is done with large sensor compacts. Most likely there won't be any more compacts from Canon until 2017. Do you think there would be any updates for G1X or G7X before that? or any new line of premium compacts like fixed focal length which Canon yet to tap?
G9X - 499
G7X - 599
G1X - 699
G5X - 799
G3X - 899

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
what is with the sequence..9-7-1-5-3 strange :D
Smaller the number, richer the features :)

RX1 R2 is launched. I don't know why it can't do 4k when A7R could do...

I thought Panasonic wouldn't launch FZ300 in India, surprisingly it's available. But I see only one seller and rating is not good. Unfortunately, it's priced a lot higher than the west.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Rx1-II have lot of technology packed in such a small body...wow a zeiss 35mm f2 attached...and a macro mode :D

looking it it on pics I dont understand why they dont give a mount rather then fixed lens here. the lens look as big as a nikon 50mm 1.8
*cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/15/10/sony-rx1-2/-728x/main.jpg

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rx1-II have lot of technology packed in such a small body...wow a zeiss 35mm f2 attached...and a macro mode :D
looking it it on pics I dont understand why they dont give a mount rather then fixed lens here. the lens look as big as a nikon 50mm 1.8
They do, it's called A7R II ;)
I didn't dig deep, as it's way out of my league and it's not interesting either. Why spend 3k on fixed focal length. It's neither compact enough to fit my shirt pocket nor have mount to use different lens. It's for those who have money and keep it in their collection of cameras.

I think they are meant for catering two entirely different strata of consumers.
-> A secondary camera(which is good enough for those "wow" shots) for professional or enthusiast photographer. They are still small enough to be carried in cabin luggage or around the neck(like I always do....with the 16-50mm one though).
-> For consumers who just have money....lot's of money.............

Since RX1 ii packs so many things in small body, there might be a problem with heat dissipation, and thus no 4k ?

Top Bottom