Camera talk...

Leica is a legend for street photography guys. So a fixed length with f/2 is perfect

Most of the buzz with Leica is in respect to size and optics, optics which were inferior to Zeiss lenses for Ikon. It's just the unique focusing system and size now, nothing more. Sensor is not that great, build is okay, a little bit heavy for size and focusing completely depends on the experience of user with Rangefinders. Since the focusing system is indirect, if lens elements are slightly misplaced/aligned which they surely will given course of time, the sharpness will decrease. Leica Q is the only camera which I actually like from that brand because of all digital nature.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Leica is not for people who counts money...its for them who orders the shop to deliver at office cabin and pay from their company account :D

A leica Q worth 3000$ can get us complete Photography Rig ..but in leica you will get a small handy APSC cam with 28mm attached ;)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
-> A secondary camera(which is good enough for those "wow" shots) for professional or enthusiast photographer. They are still small enough to be carried in cabin luggage or around the neck(like I always do....with the 16-50mm one though).
friend got RX1r for this reason. good for street photography. guess that, basically, it is small.
tried it, good for evening - night time. Has insane ISO. That's some special viewfinder.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thats the point. You'll find that a lot of pros carry this for the wow factor. One two shots from a leica will ensure that the client is impressed

Leica is not for people who counts money...its for them who orders the shop to deliver at office cabin and pay from their company account :D

A leica Q worth 3000$ can get us complete Photography Rig ..but in leica you will get a small handy APSC cam with 28mm attached ;)

Q is full frame, and is well worthy to be considered over RX1 ii. Especially if optics are to be considered, and the viewfinder resolution is also much higher, although it is not OLED. And the price bracket is nearly same too.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Fujifilm X100T is in this category?
fantasizing about getting Ricoh GR II because of one feature only, minimum shutter speed of 300 seconds.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] What's the software you're using to make timelapse video? I tried it with Windows movie maker, even @ the lowest resolution it keeps saying "not enough memory, try lower resolution". Is this my system limitation or something else?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I really wanna see
use vdub
Downloads - virtualdub.org
just put all the photos in one folder, and make sure all the photos are named in sequence. As in Timelapse 01, Timelapse 02 and so on. Then open the first image file in vdub, all the images should open.
save the video.
this gives output in 4k avi, which should be a few gigabytes (10-40 or more depending on length of timelapse)
then use movie maker on this video before uploading to youtube

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I really wanna see
use vdub
Downloads - virtualdub.org
just put all the photos in one folder, and make sure all the photos are named in sequence. As in Timelapse 01, Timelapse 02 and so on. Then open the first image file in vdub, all the images should open.
save the video.
this gives output in 4k avi, which should be a few gigabytes (10-40 or more depending on length of timelapse)
then use movie maker on this video before uploading to youtube
Thank you, Ano :)
Since I had more than 1000 photographs to work with and after so many unsuccessful attempt in making the video, I downsampled to FHD resolution now. I will try and let you know... :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
VDub should work with the bigger images also, have gone up till 1500 photos.
Finally, it's done.
But the file output size is enormous. 300+MB file became 3GB+ and had to use windows movie maker as you suggested to make it small. Now the file is about 250MB. Thank you. :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Got a chance to try D3100. Tried couple of shots. Wish I had more time to try... :(

BTW, [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] Have you booked photographers for you marriage? Recently, I heard a quote for wedding photography and videography. It was a five member team, 3 for still and 2 for video. I was kinda surprised :shock: when I heard a 6 digit figure they charge. 2 night session and a day session + one post wedding shoot. God that was super expensive. If it's gonna cost this much, I better use photos from my friends and relatives camera/mobile who shoot @ wedding ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac my photographer was taking 30k for all ...3 member team ....another one who was bit more pro was asking 50k for all these things

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
nac my photographer was taking 30k for all ...3 member team ....another one who was bit more pro was asking 50k for all these things
Wow!!! That's a huge difference. It's a nice deal.

That's one helluva bill 1.5 lac for 2-3days.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Actually the 50k type figure is fairly common. Its usually one guy for the more traditional shots and one for the candid shots.

Its keeps going up when you add things like a dolly, crane, drone etc. Plus you'll pay more for a more cool kit. There is really no end

Top Bottom