Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
her eyes dont seems real..I doubt she is real girl
Yeah, it makes one to doubt. But I think it's a real girl, as the description of the photo says "model" (yeah, still it could she or it)... :)
Try using a software like calibre or even the autocalibation in the adobe products. Its more accurate than us telling you which looks good.
I have tried awful lot and it's not simple, in fact it's super hectic. And I would never know whether the calibrated one is good or not unless I get some references. So the reason for asking for help... I took couple of prints to check, it's way off. Should I doubt the quality of the print or my monitor or both :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
I got a similar experience yeaterday...an actual girl with makup posed as a model and sat in the display of Kalki fashion shop opening...a guy went there and was checking the cloth material and suddenly the model turned head and smiled ...lol the guy got a real shock :D

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Gurus, need one information. I purchased D5500 with 18-140mm kit lens. And I would like to sell the lens, planning to get Tamron 16-300mm.
The question is, how much can I expect for 18-140mm and where to sell it - any pointers? (I am from Kolkata if that matters)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gurus, need one information. I purchased D5500 with 18-140mm kit lens. And I would like to sell the lens, planning to get Tamron 16-300mm.
The question is, how much can I expect for 18-140mm and where to sell it - any pointers? (I am from Kolkata if that matters)
You can open a thread in bazaar section here in this forum, and/or jjmpf and/or olx...
It's still new and has warranty, you can expect at least 80% of the market price. Just I am guessing the number, I am not in this business ;) Most of the time, my expected number is little off from the offers when I am looking for a used DSLR.
a guy went there and was checking the cloth material and suddenly the model turned head and smiled ...lol the guy got a real shock :D
:D They did it deliberately to pull a prank on people???

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] no yaar that model was soo beautiful..nobody expected shez real ;) I should have took a pic :D

Lens calculation is simple ..at Amazon its selling for 21500..if your lens is less then 6 month old and under warrenty then you can happily sell for 18k
(thats 15% discount )

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
no yaar...technology forum are safe heaven for guys ;)
Yeah, me too sometime get the feel that there only guys around.
Is there no girls at all?

As you know I am reading "pre nac" era of photography thread :D, I came across "Mumbai photo meet". It was fun reading it and I remember a similar meet in Kolkatta couple of years ago. So thought of searching if there was any other photo meet, and came across a Kolkatta meet thread, where the guys are casually talking about the girls (you know, the usual talk), I was thinking why no girl are jumping in and make some sound. Even after forum mods warning that they are going off topic, it was going on and on and sometime mods too joined the party.

It's either there are no girls or they don't give a damn about this (as they might think that these species never change) or they keep a low profile.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
As I was reading "Photography thread", I came across one of Stuge's post. Though the resultant image of his didn't impress me, I like the idea behind it and after googling I end with this post/tutorial. Since the post is too long and @ 12 in the midnight, I am kinda not interested in reading the whole post, so scrolled down to see the before/after image. After seeing the image, I thought :duh: this is it. But...

That's the first image of the series. Again scrolled down and here is the final one and I was like :eek: :wow: That's excellent...

Since there is no side by side comparo, I placed this side by side... I didn't downsample, so file size/resolution will be bigger. Check the link for the whole tutorial...

Far right is the final image. See it @ pixel level to see how much details this image has...
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Untitled-11_zpsjhnwjbxk.jpg

Moon image processing tutorial (image heavy)

I will be trying this one... Any of you guys interested in trying???

sujoyp

Grand Master
Girls are too busy shopping cloths and selecting unique nailpaints from 101 shades of red :D... the technology interest in girls have certainly increased but not that they will waste there time on forum discussion which mobile to buy or what is aperture mode in camera.
I tried teaching a girl various modes PASM and types of cameras ..and she lost interest in half hr..she just want to point dslr on something and shoot

- - - Updated - - -

nac rainy season is not the correct one to try moon shot...wait for winter

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I tried teaching a girl various modes PASM and types of cameras ..and she lost interest in half hr..she just want to point dslr on something and shoot
Yeah, tell me about it... :D
Here it's done raining. In fact, it was raining when summer was at peak. This summer was less intense in the recent past... Though it's not raining, it's been cloudy for months now... I have been looking for clear sky to shoot some astro photography, but it's been cloudy. :( If the sky is not clearing up before oct/nov, then I have to wait till next spring/summer. :(

I did went up to take moon last night, it was hiding behind the clouds. Waited for about 15 min, nope it's still hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

I am reading that moon tutorial, seems like an extensive process. Will see if I can do that... I am gonna check how the bridge like SX60/P900 faring against this photograph...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think P900 is superb for moon shots..I saw an example of moon pic using P900 and it was very clear...but do a 2000mm on P&S stand a chance against a DSLR+150-500 that is 750mm on cropped sensor :) will have to wait and see

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
In the tutorial he used Canon crop with 750mm telescope. Crop x 750mm itself makes it 1200mm and there could be more magnification coz of telescope mounting (probably an adapter or something).

Yeah, P900 is very good. Without much fuss, it's capable of producing this... (Not mine ;) )

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8738/16778337578_38a16492e0_z.jpgTonight's Moon by Mario, on Flickr

Girls are too busy shopping cloths and selecting unique nailpaints from 101 shades of red :D... the technology interest in girls have certainly increased but not that they will waste there time on forum discussion which mobile to buy or what is aperture mode in camera.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a typical girl xD.
My friends in lab are quite curious about photography, and I can say that they can operate a DSLR well, and know enough "peculiar" things like aperture etc etc. But then again....maybe because I'm in a lab full with Biologists and Bioinformaticians ?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Tons of great lady photographers, think lara jade and all. Plus you just need to spend some time on instagram to find a lot of good photographers of the fairer sex. Maybe we can invite some of them to this forum

*500px.com/VarinaPatel

Last edited:
Top Bottom