Camera talk...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
My impression on weathershield cameras has totally changed after reading posts like this... I don't think I would give any weightage to this feature much.
This is scary. Have read a couple of articles and there are many people who say that the NEX 6 or a6000 can handle light rain and mist. But dunking in water i doubt anything can survive.

Also lenses may survive, specially manual ones. But it'll be super hard to clean any grime or salt that gets in.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Took my new Sony a6000 to Kashmir 3 weeks ago. Survived 7 days of cold, light rain and snow, mist and took some awesome pics! Yes, there would be little bit water on the hotshoe sometime which I would wipe off with a tissue. Kept couple of silica gel packs in the bag while traveling. :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Took my new Sony a6000 to Kashmir 3 weeks ago. Survived 7 days of cold, light rain and snow, mist and took some awesome pics! Yes, there would be little bit water on the hotshoe sometime which I would wipe off with a tissue. Kept couple of silica gel packs in the bag while traveling. :)
Yup done that too, took it on an uttarkashi trek. My sony W150 went through rain, cold, dew and frost to end up with some amazing pics. Kept it in the sleeping bag at night to prevent battery discharge.

Same with my canon SX120 and a bhutan trip. Keep it warm, dry and carry it everywhere

Now looking for a good waterproof bag for my NEX6 that can hold the cam, a gorillapod and a second lens and some other stuff. Suggestions welcome

kaz

right here
I have recently been in a horrible experience of wiping my 1 TB hdd clean wipe. A tool known as MiniTool Power Data Recovery was able to recover all partitions and then all my data intact. Can give a try.
Although I did have to give it one night.
*img.vineetkumar.me/image.php?di=H9NI

Here's the whole experience: How Ubuntu screwed me over and why I still love it | Vineet Kumar (forgive the little sensationalization).

Hell of a tool..When all other tools were unable to recover JPGs this one even recovered encrypted folders, zip files and what not.. Bought a new HDD and recovered 500gb+ data in perfect condition.. Thanks a lot [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] will buy this one to support the DEV :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hell of a tool..When all other tools were unable to recover JPGs this one even recovered encrypted folders, zip files and what not.. Bought a new HDD and recovered 500gb+ data in perfect condition.. Thanks a lot [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] will buy this one to support the DEV :)

Gives me immense pleasure to know that you were able to recover all your data!
Data loss is often a frustrating experience and to recover it is the biggest joy. :doublethumb:

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Hell of a tool..When all other tools were unable to recover JPGs this one even recovered encrypted folders, zip files and what not.. Bought a new HDD and recovered 500gb+ data in perfect condition.. Thanks a lot @Vyom will buy this one to support the DEV :)
That's great. I better bookmark it. I may be in need of this in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda believe it's possible to get milkyway with compact because there were some attempts by hobbyist/photographer with compacts and they did get it. Though not as good as FF or other bigger format.

I have tried to capture milkyway few times before with my compact, but never succeeded in that. In fact, once I thought I did get a glimpse of it but now I am not sure. I have been thinking of trying milkyway photo shoot since March. But due to cloudy sky I couldn't get a chance to try. After months, I see somewhat clear sky and I am gonna try today. Will see if I can get it...

This is the most serious attempt till date. Hoping to get it... Wish me luck :)

$hadow

Geek in making
Any good deal going on a dslr? My friend is looking to pic one up for casual photography about 25k budget.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Hahaha apparently that's exactly what I told him.
:D Generally offers are not as enticing as dushera offer. So I don't pay much attention unless it's something hot. Almost all of the camera deals from ebay are from poor rated sellers. I really wonder how one placing order with a seller who rating of <80% and it's selling like hotcake. :-(

$hadow

Geek in making
:D Generally offers are not as enticing as dushera offer. So I don't pay much attention unless it's something hot. Almost all of the camera deals from ebay are from poor rated sellers. I really wonder how one placing order with a seller who rating of <80% and it's selling like hotcake. :-(

yeah dushera and deewali season is really great for purchases. I don't really purchase anything about 5k from ebay irrespective of the seller.And deals these days are looking like a rarity from reputed sellers.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Usually you have great deals around diwali and all. Freebies and discounts and all.

That Season is about to start so kepp your wishlists ready

Going through my monochromes today, I found out something....not so good, the visible gradation lines. I did hear something about lossy raw compression in Sony cameras, but this is first time I have seen something so evidently visible in pictures myself, and apparently, even the top of the line A7Rii suffers from same issues. Now I'm not sure if these lines are due to a bad laptop TN display, or it is a genuine problem with camera design itself.
Any comment on this issue by Canon/Nikon users ?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Going through my monochromes today, I found out something....not so good, the visible gradation lines. I did hear something about lossy raw compression in Sony cameras, but this is first time I have seen something so evidently visible in pictures myself, and apparently, even the top of the line A7Rii suffers from same issues. Now I'm not sure if these lines are due to a bad laptop TN display, or it is a genuine problem with camera design itself.
Any comment on this issue by Canon/Nikon users ?
Share the raws, and tell us what gradation lines are. Should rule out the display issue.

Top Bottom