Camera talk...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I wish Canon updated its EOS M line up and added a full frame in there in a compact form factor with a grip,inbuilt flash,wifi etc and ofcourse EF mount support inbuilt instead of the non-available EF-M to EF-S adapter

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Finally, FZ300 is here with a humungous price tag for a small sensor camera. Probably the most expensive small sensor camera ever.
It's nice, but most likely it will attract only those who are serious and crazy about photography esp. 4k video.

What they are trying to prove here? That they are serious about their product??? After all, it's small sensor, what they gonna squeeze out of it. Even their travel zoom's reach is much farther then this.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yesterday read a review about Nikon P900...its good for people who really want to do birding without lugging 5 KG of cam+lens+tripod :D Pic quality will definitely suffer but you will have the reach. and there is digital zoom too...I read it becomes 4000mm :D btw it have a nice 2.8-6.5 aperture range

If they can put a 1 inch sensor and give a 50x zoom, then it will be a great cam..but maybe a bit too heavy

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@sujoyp
I have been following very few in flickr, so thought of following every digit enthusiasts and checking flickr thread. But very few of them have provided the links there. So I was searching the forum and bumped into one of your old post. It was long before I joined digit. Where you were asking for new camera suggestion and you got suggest S90 among few others. Now I get why you fancied S90 after 6 long years :D

After reading few old posts, thought of how about reading the whole thread (I mean the posts before I joined digit). And to my surprise Amalan @izzikio_rage have been active since the thread started. I didn't know that, in fact I thought he is been active here in the recent past (no offense ;) ). I mean after 2011... :D

It's a nice feel to read them... And you know what, you guys too asked those newbie questions :D "How to post the image here?" to name one ;) I am really enjoying it...

@sujoyp
I have been following very few in flickr, so thought of following every digit enthusiasts and checking flickr thread. But very few of them have provided the links there. So I was searching the forum and bumped into one of your old post. It was long before I joined digit. Where you were asking for new camera suggestion and you got suggest S90 among few others. Now I get why you fancied S90 after 6 long years :D

After reading few old posts, thought of how about reading the whole thread (I mean the posts before I joined digit). And to my surprise Amalan @izzikio_rage have been active since the thread started. I didn't know that, in fact I thought he is been active here in the recent past (no offense ;) ). I mean after 2011... :D

It's a nice feel to read them... And you know what, you guys too asked those newbie questions :D "How to post the image here?" to name one ;) I am really enjoying it...

There is no newbie questions :p
For me, I was following digit for long, but decided to join forum pretty late. Even at start, I was mostly active in Laptop section, but now I guess I'm more active in photography section!!

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There is no newbie questions :p
For me, I was following digit for long, but decided to join forum pretty late. Even at start, I was mostly active in Laptop section, but now I guess I'm more active in photography section!!
Of course, there are newbie questions ;)
Yeah, stay active here. I would love see more people active in this section of the forum. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Both of you joined photography section after me :) when I started toofan aka vimal and mastervk, prashant,abhinav, INS-ANI they were active...now most of them are gone. I started with taking pics with my sont t100 p&s :)
I was in digit before too on mobile and pc segment

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Both of you joined photography section after me :) when I started toofan aka vimal and mastervk, prashant,abhinav, INS-ANI they were active...now most of them are gone. I started with taking pics with my sont t100 p&s :)
I was in digit before too on mobile and pc segment
Yes, I joined long after you. But Amlan has been active right from the start (or are you talking about Siddharth?). So far read about 400+ posts, sadly many of the photographs are not showing. All the blame goes to imageshack... :mad:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Wow, discussions on me

I've been reading digit for a long long time. Registered in these forms quite early since college me net free tha and i needed the tech fix. Have been on the gaming and help forums from the start

I now realize my old pics were pretty bad

sujoyp

Grand Master
I used to share from picasa web album and flickr from start..

Nac you are reading those photography thread :D 400 post done..omg ;)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
To know since when I started posting photos in photography thread, I was searching for my first post in the thread. I have about 4500 posts before me... :shock: It's alright, I can take it... just that it will take few weeks. :)

A quick analysis -
Based on activity (no. of posts)
During the first 1500 posts, digitians were most active, and since then we ain't that active. In fact, if we keep this current activity rate (for 8th 1500), this would be the least active ever since the thread started.

It seems like my blame on imageshack is wrong. I thought after they become paid site, the links gone dead. But it ain't, my posts are still showing. So I think people have removed their pictures... Now I am @ 750th post, pretty much all of @toofan 's are not showing. I know his macro work with D90, but those pictures from SX :( nope it's not available in flickr too... Just the same icon of imageshack with different description for each one... :(

I know @Stuge 's work, and he's been consistent ever since his first post. :doublethumb:

It's nice to see, Mumbai photo meet photographs. Again, I didn't know @rhitwick was active in this section of the forum :D

Though Sujoy and Amalan, have started very first, they have been in hibernation for most of the time (so far) and Sujoy is even more than Amalan. I am not sure if he (Sujoy) did post any photo till now... ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
what are you saying...you are at 750th post and still my pics didnt come ...strange really..almost an year back i checked the post count and almost every 4th post there is mine :D

- - - Updated - - -

now its 2041 post out of 11222 thats almost every fifth :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
what are you saying...you are at 750th post and still my pics didnt come ...strange really..almost an year back i checked the post count and almost every 4th post there is mine :D

now its 2041 post out of 11222 thats almost every fifth :D
Nice logic :p
My rough guess is you would have less than a handful of posts so far... (may be I am wrong, you know processing 750 posts in two days. I might have seen and just don't remember it). I am surprised and glad to see some good amount of SX users.

And some are news to me,
1. that this thread initially was in chit chat section, later moved.
2. there was an option to make a post as a guest
3. long before "Get featured in DGT", few of us made it to digit magazine

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac I am showing statistics ...actually i got active after 2011 when i got dslr..till then i was learning...but really i have 2000+post in this thread ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah amlan actually I am surprised to see you soo active in 2009...In 2009 I was complete noob..I had no cam with manual settings...I did PP with picasa and mostly shot cats and dog :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
nac I am showing statistics ...actually i got active after 2011 when i got dslr..till then i was learning...but really i have 2000+post in this thread ;)
Yeah, I agree and I will get to yours in few thousand posts... :D
Most of my activities would be in 2009 when i got my canon sx120. After that long periods on sleep
Yeah, I saw your work. Shots from Nainital... It seems like you were fancied to shoot @ high ISO even then :D

I was looking for A6000 sample portraits and came across this one, bigger than screen size so posting in spoiler
Is she a girl or a mannequin? God she is stunning. *www.digit.in/forum/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif
*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10380656_1008265269199494_1119214319032389065_o.jpg

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Everyone, I could use some help. I screwed up my monitor settings (again), now I am not sure whether manually calibrated settings is right or not. I am little concerned as I am thinking for printing some of the photographs, I wouldn't want mess up with my touch up.

With the help of some of the photographs I got this two settings, one settings make some photos look cooler (I mean cool tone) and the other one makes some photos warmer...

You can find the originals in the links provided...
Guys

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_68041_zps0rprggrw.jpg

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_68051_zpsvpfxjbme.jpg

Girls
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_68031_zpsz6pqs27s.jpg

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_68021_zps1gbiwo75.jpg

Model
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_67991_zpslluzqx7o.jpg *i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/IMG_67981_zpsbqmxqt0i.jpg

Open those links and see which one matches the original (at least closer to the original), if the difference is too much and neither are closer, please say so. :(

Guys, I really could use some help. So please don't pass it... *www.vcclan.org/forums/images/smilies/beg.gif

PS: None of the images you see in this post are mine. Image source: Google.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yeah, I agree and I will get to yours in few thousand posts... :D

Yeah, I saw your work. Shots from Nainital... It seems like you were fancied to shoot @ high ISO even then :D
[/SPOILER]

Yup, I've always loved night shots. Even then it was either high ISO or long exposures. Was not pixel peeping at that time so a lot of stuff seemed postable.

A few months of posts more and you'll sre all my long exposures. That was awesome fun

Everyone, I could use some help. I screwed up my monitor settings (again), now I am not sure whether manually calibrated settings is right or not.

Try using a software like calibre or even the autocalibation in the adobe products. Its more accurate than us telling you which looks good.

Top Bottom