Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is this for real:
Forget About Megapixels -This Canon Camera Can Film at ISO 4,000,000
On the other side Canon is fighting a megapixel war and here coming up with 2mp sensor :lol:
Even more than the title "Can film @ pitch black dark", I am awestruck when I saw the price tag :mad:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
On the other side Canon is fighting a megapixel war and here coming up with 2mp sensor
Even more than the title "Can film @ pitch black dark", I am awestruck when I saw the price tag :mad:
Even the sony A7s had a similar campaign. And considering the ISO sensitivity of almost a lakh it was right too

Totally out of context, I spent my weekend in Milan, and the worst thing which can happen...happened. Rain. That was the moment I thought....if only I had a weather proof camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but do we have weatherproof dslrs..or just those bulky weatherproof covers..like underwater housing ...DSLR like D7000 take good amount of rain but then lens should be weatherproof too else its of no use...I tried and the lens became foggy :(

those weatherproof cams are just P&S...and what much can we expect from them

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
My impression on weathershield cameras has totally changed after reading posts like this... I don't think I would give any weightage to this feature much.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac then we can just buy those waterproof P&S whch are sold for 15-16k ...they are really waterproof...

DSLR are said to be weathersealed...but as I said if lens is not weathersealed then its gone.

I think Go Pro is one of the better solutions.

Nac then we can just buy those waterproof P&S whch are sold for 15-16k ...they are really waterproof...

DSLR are said to be weathersealed...but as I said if lens is not weathersealed then its gone.

I think Go Pro is one of the better solutions.

I think manufacturers should clear the air about being weather resistant and weather proof. Given that there is no IPX ratings and certification for these cameras, we can never be sure of what can void warranty. And I am not sure if a weather shielded camera paired with wr lens can take heavy rain or not, that requires lots and lots of sealing. I personally like to use my Z1 compact in such scenarios, atleast I don't have to worry about warranty. The still picture quality of wr point and shoot and go pro....I wouldn't vouch for them.

I made an interesting observation though, while I was using my A6000, there were instances where I exposed it completely in rain, for around 10-20s, while I'm not saying that one should try this...my camera was working flawlessly, even though there was water everywhere, even on the hotshoe.

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Lost all my pictures after I mistakenly formatted my whole laptop..I am recovering JPGs using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery how do I recover raw images :-( :cry:

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I believe so. Even if they claim their DSLR is sealed, it's better to use some protection like underwater housing or something if we wanna go out and shoot in the rain or beach.
even on the hotshoe.
You're lucky then. If water gets in through hotshoe, most likely it will mess up the whole circuitry...
Lost all my pictures after I mistakenly formatted my whole laptop..I am recovering JPGs using Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery how do I recover raw images :-( :cry:
I use recuva for recovering files. If you haven't replaced any new files in that particular drive, pretty much you can get everything back. If that was a low level formatting, I am not sure.

sujoyp

Grand Master
even I did the same and untill my lens was foggy I kept on shooting in rain...But then I came back and used a hair dryer to dry everything...its 100% needed

even my p&S canon S90 I used till i coud in rain..but then it started producing unnatural colors...and I went home to dry it using dryer :D its fine after an hr

using waterproof mobile is good point...i will consider it in my mobile purchase

[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] sorry to hear that..but I have no answer...I too have to google for this

kaz

right here
I use recuva for recovering files. If you haven't replaced any new files in that particular drive, pretty much you can get everything back. If that was a low level formatting, I am not sure.
I tried recuva..Whole night it was recovering pics but none were visible..So tried this new app..

[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] sorry to hear that..but I have no answer...I too have to google for this
Hmmm.I am still recovering jpg only..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have recently been in a horrible experience of wiping my 1 TB hdd clean wipe. A tool known as MiniTool Power Data Recovery was able to recover all partitions and then all my data intact. Can give a try.
Although I did have to give it one night.
*img.vineetkumar.me/image.php?di=H9NI

Here's the whole experience: How Ubuntu screwed me over and why I still love it | Vineet Kumar (forgive the little sensationalization).

I believe so. Even if they claim their DSLR is sealed, it's better to use some protection like underwater housing or something if we wanna go out and shoot in the rain or beach.

You're lucky then. If water gets in through hotshoe, most likely it will mess up the whole circuitry...

I think I was lucky, well I will cover the hotshoe with the cover from my old NEX-6, Sony don't supply it with A6000....extreme cost cutting.

Top Bottom