Camera talk...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
good that it worked :D
they say it increases the battery life ...but how will you do a drain off.. even if I switch on my cam for 2 days it wont drain off 10 % of battery

just charge it for now to 100% and use it :)

oh thanks :)
i heard the only way to drain is to put it on slideshow,though even that should take ages i guess

sujoyp

Grand Master
yey My Macro lens is here :bananana::bananana: Its the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Non-di ..bought for 10k :D

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7465/15606866649_44d2a964eb_c.jpgTamron 90mm non-di by SujoyPackrasy1, on Flickr

Now you may think how its cheap and why didnt get the newer one the Tammy 90mm di ld

Soo this is a discontinued old version of new tamron 90mm. This was made for non-digital cameras almost 10 years back ...it can take 1:1 macro and good thing is it can be used in full frame cameras too which the newer one cant be ;) ...its built quality is great...but it dont have a motor inside soo it will work on my D7000 but not lower end DSLRs ...optically its similar to newer one :D ..and I saved 5k on that

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8647/15607519657_9e281065ce_c.jpgTamron 90mm non-di by SujoyPackrasy1, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks Nac ..its 2nd ...by chance both are full frame compatible...this one will AF when required ...I am watching loads of youtube videos whole day to understand the settings required for macro at 1:1 ...my 1:2 lens was soo much easier

sujoyp

Grand Master
finally started searching for a new pocketable camera ...I am targetting RX100, fuji XQ1 , fuji X10 and S110 ...also if I get a good deal on sony CX240 cam coder ....its time to get engaged :D

tkin

Back to school!!
D5500 was previewed, no substantial upgrade over the D5300, rather it's the D5300+Touchscreen-GPS. Hope the D5300 price goes down soon.

sujoyp

Grand Master
D5300 is still too costly ...who cares about D5500 now...if you have 50k to spend on a dslr then getting a D7000 is still better

But nikon 300F4 VR is too good ....its just 700gm down from 1.8 kg ...and 4.5 stop VR ...too good

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
finally started searching for a new pocketable camera ...I am targetting RX100, fuji XQ1 , fuji X10 and S110 ...also if I get a good deal on sony CX240 cam coder ....its time to get engaged :D
You can't find brand new S110 in India. But it sells for < 200 USD. That's a steal. But no India warranty and someone has to buy and bring it from US. Until now, I didn't know that XQ1 was available in Indian market. X10 is too old. RX100 is in whole different league.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am getting RX100 for 18k...howz the deal...I have to get something before 25th ;)

I actually liked XQ1..its stylish pocketable and have bigger sensor then advance P&S like S110( 2/3 inch va 1/1.7" )

sujoyp

Grand Master
Ooh no..my dad says that we will get it later at the time of merrige in April..fo engagement we will try with dslr only..god save the pics.. Lol

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
do RX100 and the other cameras mentioned really match "DSLR Level"?
am thinking of getting something portable for casual use and I think Im spoiled by dslr quality photos now so regular point and shoots arent my thing anymore,my old point and shoots are still mint and kept in my cupboard
Im also tempted by EOS M

sujoyp

Grand Master
Kkn13.. You have 3 ways..
Get m4/3 camera and get lenses
Get a rx100 type cam and compromise a little
Get fuji x100 type apsc sensor fixed lens cam which are costly but have dslr level qualiy

Top Bottom