Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I got this for 8.5k including shipping ...
:|
Glad to hear you're happy with the cam.
Though I have seen/heard and believed, sometimes compact can match IQ of a DSLR, still I would like to see a comparo of S90 and D7000. ;)

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Though I have seen/heard and believed, sometimes compact can match IQ of a DSLR, still I would like to see a comparo of S90 and D7000. ;)

I've compared shots from 1100D & S110. For daytime landscape shots I didn't see much of a difference, But for portraits 1100D is much better. Probably D7000 is a better camera than 1100D ?

Like nac siad , would be great to see the comparison in different scenarios.

Hrishi

Well fortunately my DSLT is easy to use for any noob as well , who is not acquainted with SLR terminology. So , I barely have to worry about anyone else taking my photographs.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] as I said if you dont open the pic to 100% S90 pic looks very similar to what D7000 produce with my 17-50 ...but when you open the pic at 100% you will see much grainier pic of S90 and not easy to crop

I shot in office yesterday without flash and it shoot at ISO 400 everytime..problem is ISO 400 of S90 is much grainier then D7000 ....but then S90 is capable pocket cam...I will give a comparison shoot next weekend...
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] its not about ease of use but pocketability ...can your dslt put in shirt pocket :D even d7000 have auto mode.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I got this for 8.5k including shipping ...I was getting P330 for 10k which was better deal but the guy told me after I paid for S90..

The seller was not reducing the price of RX100 from 18k and that too I had to pay almost 1k for shipping and 700 for memory card ...that makes it almost close to 20k ...I would buy a new one for 26k rather then get this one for 20k

And I also thought that I already have DSLR soo S90 will be good enough...and really I was carrying it whole day in my shirt pocket :D and it feels just as a mobile.. its low light quality is just awesome...if you dont scale it to full you will not be able to distinguish it from my D7000

Yeah every DSLR needs a point and shoot side by side for certain shots where a dslr might have trouble-close up (ie if you dont have an 18-55mm or a 40mm or 50mm lens)
I carry my Canon point and shoot along with my dslr

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes...its not that everyone needs a DSLR...DSLR is more of a status symbol for some...just like getting a SUV rather than a car even if you dont want to offroad

I tried convincing a friend for RX100 but it seems he is stuck with dslr only...and says he can manage the bulk...I suggested to get a D5100 kit

justgothere

Broken In
yes...its not that everyone needs a DSLR...DSLR is more of a status symbol for some...just like getting a SUV rather than a car even if you dont want to offroad

I tried convincing a friend for RX100 but it seems he is stuck with dslr only...and says he can manage the bulk...I suggested to get a D5100 kit
Fully agree. Till they get a DSLR, every moron blames their camera. Once they get it they blame their apathy to do pp. Then they forget and touch base at olx. DSLR is ego massage in cheap lol
Cheers

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I'd actually defend the people wanting to for a DSLR. they've been told repeatedly that it gives excellent image quality, all awesome images they've seen came from a DSLR and every ad/expert/friend tells them how awesome their DSLR is. So to them a DSLR is the only way to get great images. Purchasing one is an easy choice to make is you can afford one.

It's after the purchase that they realize that a lot more goes into a great image than just a "DSLR". Thats when they usually give up and head for OLX

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes I agree with you amlan...but I dont understand one thing...why people look soo down to post processing, like we are cheating :D its a necessity in photography...people talk make me feel guilty of PP sometimes ;)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Sujoy, PP is always a tough thing to justify. Even i feel that at times PP is the only thing that makes the pic great. Check out many of the instagram pics. Which means that rather than a photographer you are better at image manipulation.

sujoyp

Grand Master
but out of camera pics of DSLR are never great....thats the reason RAW concept is there...and when I show out of cam pics to friends they dont belive that its from DSLR, only after PP it looks great ;)

raja manuel

In the zone
people talk make me feel guilty of PP sometimes ;)
Which is, of course, the objective behind them speaking them that way. People try to make others feel inferior because they feel inferior when they see the beautiful photos you exhibit and they need to boost their ego. It reminds me of girls who see another girl who has perfectly styled hair, makeup, dress, accessories, etc., and claim that they themselves only go for the natural look because that is more 'real'. Just like the guy who didn't budget for a flashgun and then knocks the guy with a speedlite by saying that he prefers to use natural light because that is, well, 'real'.

You can see quite a lot of this jealousy exhibited in photography
* You are not a 'real' photographer if you post process
* You are not a 'real' photographer if you use anything other than manual mode
* You are not a 'real' photographer if you use autofocus
* You are not a 'real' photographer if you don't use film
* etc. etc. etc.

It is a No True Scotsman fallacy stuck on infinite loop.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=133607]raja[/MENTION] ...I am feeling much better after reading your comment :) now I have an example to tell ;)
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] as a DSLR holder I cant be on anti-DSLR side ...I just hope someday nikon release a F-mount mirrorless cam with APSC sensor ...it will be perfect to make a change

Hrishi

In the end ....all that matters is the final image rendered. No matter whether its framed using a high end SLR or a film camera. If it pleases, it's the best.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
with what ? Those baby cams ? :wink:
:rofl: Mine is a bulky baby...

@nac as a DSLR holder I cant be on anti-DSLR side ...I just hope someday nikon release a F-mount mirrorless cam with APSC sensor ...it will be perfect to make a change
I was just kidding. I picked it as a hobby and it's been 3+ years. I have read blog/articles like why one should (n't) buy compact/CSC/DSLR and why should you go for premium compacts and don't spend on entry level DSLR, just straight away go for FF DSLR... and the list goes on and on. Every one of 'em justifying their views/opinions. (I don't know how many of 'em are paid articles as a part of marketing). Why the hell I would want to spend 70 grand for X100S or a similar camera when I can just spend less than 1/3rd and get a DSLR. Just because it's compact, then ?@#$ it. Me being cheap, I wouldn't go or suggest anyone to go for super premium cameras.

I have more than half a dozen pair of trousers, would I buy one for the next festival. Hell yeah!!! Do I need one? NO. But it's for pleasure and wearing a new one on a festival makes everyone feels happy. So buying DSLR is more like out of desire/pleasure rather than need (Yeah, sure many are wrongly informed/expecting that DSLR will make wonderful photographs). If one wants, and he can afford it, then most likely he will buy one (some regret later for buying one ;) )

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Why the hell I would want to spend 70 grand for X100S or a similar camera when I can just spend less than 1/3rd and get a DSLR. Just because it's compact, then ?@#$ it. Me being cheap, I wouldn't go or suggest anyone to go for super premium cameras.

I like to travel without carrying any bags. If I had a DSLR all the photos I took would had been taken at home. I'd rather buy an expensive compact than a DSLR but that's just my pov.

Top Bottom