Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Photokina is just less than a week away. Already, there are some announcements. Nikon have announced D750, I guess it's the first FF DSLR to have tilting/articulated screen.

Hoping to see some (around 20 models) compact camera announcements before the end of this year. Most of them likely to get announced this month... :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I want a cheaper version of RX100 :p ...like Nikon v1 with inbuilt f2.2 lens :D
There are few models... Called XF1, P340, S110... Yeah, I get it... it's highly doubtful. Premium compacts under 20k, may be a used one.
It's been two years since RX100 launched. No other manufacturers have come up similar to that one. May be (but I doubt), if there is some competition, price may likely to come down. Will see if any manufacturers announcing to compete with RX100 next week. (There are some rumours...)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I dont see any new DSLR..except maybe from Sony ....Nikon didnt put anything for APSC sensor....maybe canon can show 7DMKII

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
And new entry level dslrs expected soon? (I mean within a month or 2?)
Though it's been a year (almost) since D5300's launch, I doubt Nikon would announce one more in the line. As there are already six models are still selling (D3100 - D5300).

It's been more than 1 year since 700D launched. Though it's an entry level model, it costs a lot. They can announce something like 600Ds or 600Dx with wifi, more megapixel, latest processor, wider ISO range, more focus points, but no touch, may be half or one fps faster, Full HD @ 60fps, 700D's live view AF system with STM kits lens and launching price of about 40k (and market price would be around 35k)

Pentax recently announced a DSLR.

- - - Updated - - -

SX60
Really... This is what Canon could come up with after two years :yuck: It really sucks.

LX100 is really impressive. 4/3rd sensor, 1/16000 shutter speed, 4k video, magnesium body, hotshoe, matching RX100 3's focal length, fast lens, better EVF resolution with much better magnification.

sujoyp

Grand Master
woooww Canon 7DMKII is such a powerhouse ....awesome..65 cross AF point and 10 fps ,31RAW buffer,GPS,WIFI,USB3 ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
I wish I had the money to buy the FZ1000, beats carrying 2/3 lenses around, I think it will launch @ 70k+

Guess I will succumb to the APS-C sensor and get a budget DSLR next year :/

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Nikon has 4 focus modes on D3300 - Auto, Continuous, Servo and MF. 1st and last are self explanatory.

In AF-S mode you select one one the focus points and the camera focuses on that. Keeping the shutter half pressed keeps the focus fixed, so if you move the camera, your subject will go out of focus

In AF-C mode, on keeping the shutter half pressed and moving the camera, the camera continuously tries to keep the subject in focus.

Basically the AF-C mode sounds logical to me. What are the use cases for AF-S?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
hey guys im in trouble,i bought a canon eos 1200D a few months ago which came with a Lexar class 10 and i bought a sandisk ultra 16gb for more storage
the lexar card got filled up pretty fast and was serving me well
the sandisk is around 75% full but off late,its been giving me issues in the computer,its fine with the dslr and my spare phone but in the computer its deadly slow and i cant see thumbnails for most of the photos and cant open the photos etc
its slow to load and ive tried changing readers etc
is this issue common with sandisk because this is the second time ive had issues with sandisk
can someone pls give me a solution and suggest a more reliable brand for the future,cost is not an issue,vfm and reliability is my main criteria
thanks in advance :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro sandisk is absolutely fine...I use it on my 2 DSLR and 3 mobiles :) do one thing...copy all the pics from your memory card and format it from the DSLR ...its never recommended to format a memory card from computer and used in DSLR ...try this and tell us if it solved the issue ....

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Bro sandisk is absolutely fine...I use it on my 2 DSLR and 3 mobiles :) do one thing...copy all the pics from your memory card and format it from the DSLR ...its never recommended to format a memory card from computer and used in DSLR ...try this and tell us if it solved the issue ....

sure will try it out now
thanks for your reply
will post an update once i finish the stuff you mentioned

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Nikon has 4 focus modes on D3300 - Auto, Continuous, Servo and MF. 1st and last are self explanatory.

In AF-S mode you select one one the focus points and the camera focuses on that. Keeping the shutter half pressed keeps the focus fixed, so if you move the camera, your subject will go out of focus

In AF-C mode, on keeping the shutter half pressed and moving the camera, the camera continuously tries to keep the subject in focus.

Basically the AF-C mode sounds logical to me. What are the use cases for AF-S?
Bump

Top Bottom