Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
do RX100 and the other cameras mentioned really match "DSLR Level"?
am thinking of getting something portable for casual use and I think Im spoiled by dslr quality photos now so regular point and shoots arent my thing anymore,my old point and shoots are still mint and kept in my cupboard
Im also tempted by EOS M
The so called "image quality" from an APSC sensor (DSLR) is better than 1". PERIOD
But does it mean, everyone should buy DSLR and ditch the idea of large sensor compact. NO. There was this guy named "nac" ;) who started this discussion "Do you need a DSLR?" but failed to emphasis what could an advanced compact could do in that discussion. May be he don't know how to put them in words.

- - - Updated - - -

Need suggestion for point and shoot camera at 6000
You may likely to find about a dozen cameras, buy the one you like. Just make sure that the camera has some kind of mechanical stabilization.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The main confusion with me is -
Only I know how to operate my D7000
I have full confidence that people will mess my pics badly when they will shoot me
mobile cam pics r ok but not print quality
normal P&S quality does not impress me after DSLR and no point buying them
M4/3 or Nikon j1 or ILC like these produce good quality but there lenses are big and it fails the purpose of small camera.

only Cam like XQ1 or X10 or RX100 fits in everything with little compromise

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The so called "image quality" from an APSC sensor (DSLR) is better than 1". PERIOD
But does it mean, everyone should buy DSLR and ditch the idea of large sensor compact. NO. There was this guy named "nac" ;) who started this discussion "Do you need a DSLR?" but failed to emphasis what could an advanced compact could do in that discussion. May be he don't know how to put them in words.

- - - Updated - - -

You may likely to find about a dozen cameras, buy the one you like. Just make sure that the camera has some kind of mechanical stabilization.

Lol :D :p
Thanks btw,what do you think of EOS M vs RX100?

- - - Updated - - -

The main confusion with me is -
Only I know how to operate my D7000
I have full confidence that people will mess my pics badly when they will shoot me

I know that feel bro! :D :p
My bday was in this month and at my party with family and family friends at home,there are no decent photos of me,I was forced to use a tripod and put a timer by the end of it to get a few decent shots of me

sujoyp

Grand Master
my birthday pics were ruined twice due to this...and I dont want to ruin my engagement or marrige pics...I want a simple good quality P&S

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks btw,what do you think of EOS M vs RX100?
If you use pancake lens, fine, it will be compact. Once you slap a zoom, it will never be compact. If you're interested in mirrorless, better look at Sony or Oly or Panny. Canon is not that mature in this segment.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
my birthday pics were ruined twice due to this...and I dont want to ruin my engagement or marrige pics...I want a simple good quality P&S

so is marriage on the cards?

Agree completely, i can count the number of pics i have of me on one hand.

Sony RX100 is an awesome no fuss camera. Perfect for what you want. Infact give the sony a5100 and a6000 a look too. Really great cams, very company, plus interchangeable lenses and a super fast focus

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan ...if I would want that bulge of lens on the camera then why would I search for rx100, I have much better D7000 ....I find no difference with m4/3 nex with a DSLR ...ultimately we have to carry a bag, get many lenses and again spend money on those things .

and about marriage ...yes next month engagement and april marriage :D ...I am still confused wether to get a camcoder or a RX100

parents says that camcoder is much better since we already have a dslr...and anyone can use that..its simple

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
@amlan ...if I would want that bulge of lens on the camera then why would I search for rx100, I have much better D7000 ....I find no difference with m4/3 nex with a DSLR ...ultimately we have to carry a bag, get many lenses and again spend money on those things .

and about marriage ...yes next month engagement and april marriage :D ...I am still confused wether to get a camcoder or a RX100

parents says that camcoder is much better since we already have a dslr...and anyone can use that..its simple

if you have a younger brother or some kid from your building or something,its best to teach him to use a DSLR properly and train him before your engagement,im seriously thinking of doing that for my own parties from now on :p :D
congrats btw :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
congratulations :) ... I agree with kkn13, teach some kid photography. Let him catch the bug, you'll get great shots and they'll learn a great hobby. so win win

but agreed, if compactness is the aim then nothing beats the RX series in quality. Plus very easy to use.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Got my S90 today...and its awesome :D

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7416/16500409301_de6254cd56_c.jpgCanon S90 by sujoyp, on Flickr

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Got my S90 today...and its awesome :D

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7416/16500409301_de6254cd56_c.jpgCanon S90 by sujoyp, on Flickr

congrats :)
just saw some reviews and shots taken from this camera,seems like a powerful shooter despite not being a dslr or mirrorless
im impressed!! do post some more pics or perhaps a review,even im tempted to get a point and shoot or something soon
ps-is that flash really as powerful as it looks?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@kkn The initial impression is it takes very nice pics inside room at night without a flash :D but zooming in is useless in same condition and pics become worse
I shot at auto mode and I am impressed...general shots looks great...tomorrow I will try shots in office...its pocketable soo nobody will detect ;)

flash is powerful...I have tested at night and some pics came with correct exposure and some blown away...I need to learn more on this

sujoyp

Grand Master
I got this for 8.5k including shipping ...I was getting P330 for 10k which was better deal but the guy told me after I paid for S90..

The seller was not reducing the price of RX100 from 18k and that too I had to pay almost 1k for shipping and 700 for memory card ...that makes it almost close to 20k ...I would buy a new one for 26k rather then get this one for 20k

And I also thought that I already have DSLR soo S90 will be good enough...and really I was carrying it whole day in my shirt pocket :D and it feels just as a mobile.. its low light quality is just awesome...if you dont scale it to full you will not be able to distinguish it from my D7000

Top Bottom