Camera talk...

Mr.wave

Broken In
hello nac,sujoy and other photography lovers...

why there is not much discussion on Sony HX400v? i need your opinion on this against panny fz200.

looks like both are at same price level, (considering discount on panny, dont know why MRP is high on panny model).

thanks in advance.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Though HX400 is new, I find SX50/FZ200 better. I would even consider Fuji HS50EXR, but not Sony.
RAW support, best IQ in its class and they have slashed price. What more need to consider SX50.
In comparison, HX400 have wider aperture @ wide angle, mic jack, extra frills like gps, wifi, panorama, hdr...

Mr.wave

Broken In
Though HX400 is new, I find SX50/FZ200 better. I would even consider Fuji HS50EXR, but not Sony.
RAW support, best IQ in its class and they have slashed price. What more need to consider SX50.
In comparison, HX400 have wider aperture @ wide angle, mic jack, extra frills like gps, wifi, panorama, hdr...

thanks nac. why you say no to sony. i like fuji. it is at 25k. looks good..
but i need good video capabilities to..so from reviews sony has edge over these.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Why no to Sony? Coz of overwhelmingly positive reviews of SX50 and FZ200 and haven't read many reviews of HX400, it's a new one. When Canon announced SX50, it was a big deal. It was not that surprising when others followed. They added hot shoe and dropped articulated screen. Yes, when it comes to video really Fuji compacts/bridge sucks. :( Me too have read Panasonic's and Sony's videos are good. In fact, in Panasonic you have more controls in video than others. Articulated screen will be much helpful if you're into shooting videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or the forum? I typed with enough spaces, but message is compressed. And I don't see any options like inserting image, font size or anything. Can't edit my post, can't go "go advanced".

Mr.wave

Broken In
Why no to Sony? Coz of overwhelmingly positive reviews of SX50 and FZ200 and haven't read many reviews of HX400, it's a new one. When Canon announced SX50, it was a big deal. It was not that surprising when others followed. They added hot shoe and dropped articulated screen. Yes, when it comes to video really Fuji compacts/bridge sucks. :( Me too have read Panasonic's and Sony's videos are good. In fact, in Panasonic you have more controls in video than others. Articulated screen will be much helpful if you're into shooting videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or the forum? I typed with enough spaces, but message is compressed. And I don't see any options like inserting image, font size or anything. Can't edit my post, can't go "go advanced".

thanks for info. probably i may end up buying Hx400v bcoz videos also equal importance to me. will look for good deal..

kaz

right here

All well here....Get a new PC :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
I still havent read HX400 review :( will check it after I go home

I am getting all formatting options...no problem nac

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Kaz, Have no savings. It has to wait :(
-----------------------------------------------------
Now things are fine. I see those icons and my messages are as I typed. :) I don't know what was wrong then. :)

Mr.wave

Broken In
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] and [MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION],

offtopic, just curious...you guys are photographers by 'Profession' or you have another jobs and this is a hobby.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ :D It's a hobby. But I would be glad if someone hires me to help him in a photo shoot. I am free during weekends and other govt. holidays. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=145127]Mr.wave[/MENTION] We are all hobbiest and even though I have lot of photography gadgets , I am still learning how to use them 100% :)

- - - Updated - - -

just read sony HX400V review and it says that pics are bit soft and lot of noise above ISO 400 and not much upgrade on HX300v and no RAW support ....I will go for canon SX50 or wait for SX60 since sx50 is bit old now

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I've shot several videos with my cam, all those are in .Mov format @1080p.

Now I want to
- Combine these multiple videos to a single one
- The final video could be in avi or their common formats
- Compress to a smaller size (about 500MB for an hour like most movies) I don't mind the loss in quality.

Are there any free softwares to do this ?
Thanks.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ I vaguely remember there are software exists for this purpose. Yes, it's free. I have tried long back, it's a time consuming thing. But I don't remember the name of the software. I hope you can find them using google search.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I've shot several videos with my cam, all those are in .Mov format @1080p.

Now I want to
- Combine these multiple videos to a single one
- The final video could be in avi or their common formats
- Compress to a smaller size (about 500MB for an hour like most movies) I don't mind the loss in quality.

Are there any free softwares to do this ?
Thanks.

VirtualDub :)

Top Bottom