Camera talk...

mastervk

In the zone
For canon there are four version of 70 200.f4 and f2.8 with and without IS.i will be buying f4 is.
This should be good for street photography and can be used sone wild photography too.
Also have plans for for 24 mm or 85 mm for portraits.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nope 70-200 f4 will not be good for wildlife...if u connect a 1.4x TC it will be just 280mm at f5.6 ....nope

And sorry i forgot to mention nikon is launching 70-200 f4 VRIII :) price around 70k

Soo nikon now have
80-200 2.8 AFD
70-200 f4 AFS VRIII
70-200 2.8 AFS VRI
70-200 2.8 AFS VRII

:) If i get too busy in work and no time for birding then will get 70-200 f4 instead of my dream 300f4 :)

mastervk

In the zone
For birding even 300 mm is short i think.400 or 500 with tc is better.so out of my budget currently.
Will 70 200 not gud enough for big animals

mastervk

In the zone
280mm will be 448mm due to crop factor..should be ok for some wild photography...Later i might buy 300mm for wild photography...either that or ultra wide ...

sujoyp

Grand Master
for amature nikon owners 300f4 + TC 1.4x = 420mmx1.5 crop factor is the max range under 1 lakh

for canon owners 100-400 f4 or 300f4IS is the max within 1.2lakh

70-200 is very good for portraits and general photography...but if u know its use....I think its best for event photography coz I find my 55-200 very good for programs,marrige,party,live shows and even sports.

we r still very young to buy everything :) will collect enough lenses slowly with increase in salary :D

mastervk

In the zone
I have query regarding storing and archiving photo we take .Wanted to know what others are doing

1 : Do you print "good shots" you have taken ? what size?
2: Where do you store printed photos? In normal photo album or any special album ? What kind of album would you suggest for storing?
3: What is your backup strategy for digital photos ? Do you backup online (full size or reduced size)

Till now i have printed only people shots ,generally 5 x 7 size.I store these photos in big size photo album (approx Rs 500). Would like to know if there is any good brand for these albums.
I store all shots which are not rejected by me in my laptop and backup HDD(1 TB)(Both RAW and JPEG). Also have burned multiple DVD copies and keep one with me and one at my home.Also upload most of the photos in picasa,google + (reduced size) .I also have skydrive/dropbox account and sometimes stores my pics there (though these account are used mostly for storing important documents).

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have printed only 50 shots till now and that too in 5x7

For storing I store them on Desktop,Laptop and external HDD....and a saperate folder for good ones which i may have edited ...and a folder for there original ones....also copy them on my Tablet.....soo good ones have 4-5 copies and all have 2 copies

mastervk

In the zone
I have printed only 50 shots till now and that too in 5x7

For storing I store them on Desktop,Laptop and external HDD....and a saperate folder for good ones which i may have edited ...and a folder for there original ones....also copy them on my Tablet.....soo good ones have 4-5 copies and all have 2 copies

You might want to burn the good ones at least..Hard disk can crash anytime and even though it is unlikely that all HDD will crash at same time why take any risks ...

BTW which tablet you bought ? funbook ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah funbook :) bought it 5 months back ;)

actually the good pics are only 1.5 GB and total pics are around 18GB ...soo I dont feel like buring them on Disk

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
1. No
2. No
3. I use skydrive for backup. It is tightly integrated with Windows 8 and I've 25 gb free storage so no problem with full size uploads

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes I too have 5 GB skydrive storage with my WP7.5 but to show someone u need to open the web and login and then search the pic...mmm its a long and slow process i feel....maybe u have fast net to access it :)

mastervk

In the zone
I had 25 GB skydrive account but unfortunately i was not grandfathered and it got reduced to 5 GB. Should be sufficient for full size of good photos..Flickr is also good.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Why don't you install skydrive on Windows7. A skydrive folder will appear so you can just drag and drop to upload. Search will be faster too. I use Windows 8 and.skydrive app makes the experience much better

Others include Google drive, sugarsync and dropbox

mastervk

In the zone
Google drive and Google plus(picasa) is also good..as most of us have all our emails in Google system easy to keep everything in google drive and share with friends and family (using Google +)..sync is easy as you can install google drive/g+ app in your computer and mobile and access from all places and devices...

digit.sh

Journeyman
Google drive and Google plus(picasa) is also good..as most of us have all our emails in Google system easy to keep everything in google drive and share with friends and family (using Google +)..sync is easy as you can install google drive/g+ app in your computer and mobile and access from all places and devices...

Picasa free acc has these great plus points:
Photos smaller than 2048x2048 do not count toward storage limit. So, in effect, filesize doesn't matter if resolution is within that limit. Also, it lets you(and others) view all the photos you ever uploaded.(flickr has a 200 photo limit). :)
I wish picasa had the facility to download an album at one go. But come on, its free :p

Here are some more photo sharing sites and their comparison.

Top Bottom