Camera talk...

choudang

Padawan
^^ put a piece of toilet paper to defuse :-D ...no offense ... :mrgreen: when i took those droplet, used one 14w cfl and 24w cfl covered by toilet paper ... :lol:

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Having spent thousands for camera, few 100's for diffuser won't make a dent... At least up until buying diffuser, this would help.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah, using makeshift arrangement works too if it's the need of time.

Is this what you guys are talking ?
*www.spectrelabs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/3/b3fla004a-5_1.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes right...this one I have....but before ordering it see that its the right size u need...heads are of different sizes..

abc.kb

Broken In
Guys, I have been looking for a non DSLR cam with as large sensor as possible and f-stop at least f/2.8 . He doesn't need interchangable lens cam, a fixed 4x - 8x zoom lens will do. Currently I am having a Lumix DMC TZ10, but he is not happy with its low light performance(due to small sensor and highest f-stop only 3.3). I offered to buy a D5100, but he discarded it cause "dslrs' are bulky". He has good knowledge of photography and is a owner of Nikon FM2 mechanical SLR, and two lenses since 1998. Now he needs a cam with above features. His main interests are low light/night, portrait and landscape. What do you suggest? Budget 25k.

Or, would I open a thread for it?

sujoyp

Grand Master
u better open a thread....

And check the reviews of nikon j1/v1 which is very small and sony RX100 which is out of ur budget but fullfills all ur requirements ...other then these u only have EPM1+kit

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
comparing Canon SX150IS with any other, would you guys like to suggest any ?
I have Sony DSC-H100 in mind, though a friend from another thread didn't encouraged.

dpkml

Broken In
@faun-- I'd say D3200, based on its build quality. IQ on both is similar(i.e.pretty good). Both work fine for a entry level camera.
I would still spend a couple of extra grands and buy D5100 which has D7000's sensor , articulated screen , some cool shooting mode presets,and fits better in my hand.

But hey, dont you have D7000 already?

sujoyp

Grand Master
D5200 is comming very soon for competing 650D ...and D5100 is the actual competitor for 550D and 600D

U dont judge a DSLR by just its ISO range...for example A D3200 can beat nikon D7000 in pic clarity and ISO but it cant beat it in built,buttons,grip,and features :)

get 600D if u have only 2 choices ...else u can get D5100 or wait for D5200

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
But hey, dont you have D7000 already?
Yeah, it's for a friend asking recommendation.

D5200 is comming very soon for competing 650D ...and D5100 is the actual competitor for 550D and 600D

U dont judge a DSLR by just its ISO range...for example A D3200 can beat nikon D7000 in pic clarity and ISO but it cant beat it in built,buttons,grip,and features :)

get 600D if u have only 2 choices ...else u can get D5100 or wait for D5200

D3200 is still better as per this link.
Nikon D3200 vs Canon EOS 600D
These are the only two choices. I will ask if D5100 can be considered.

------------------------------------------------------

I got Marumi circular polarizer for prime lens but for 18-105 Marumi circular polarizer is out of stock.

How are Nisi and Hoya ?
*www.flipkart.com/nisi-67-mm-circular-polarizer-filter/p/itmd5ccgjfuwgknj?pid=ACCD5CCHSB7YFHYU&ref=cad2a08e-bb1b-424c-a9eb-38b6c5337cd7

sujoyp

Grand Master
D3200 or any D3xxx range is a basic DSLR...D5xxx or 550D or 600D are a level above....they may have better feature...better grip and some features which u may miss later :D

Hoya is much more popular then Nisi ...but NISI is also a known brand....any of them...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ok, then 600D it is.

Between Marumi and Hoya, which one is better ? I need a circular polarizer 67mm for 18-105 lens.

sujoyp

Grand Master
get hoya HD for best quality or u can get normal Hoya too...hoya HD is multicoated and much better

mastervk

In the zone
Ok, then 600D it is.

Between Marumi and Hoya, which one is better ? I need a circular polarizer 67mm for 18-105 lens.

Get Hoya multicoated one (not normal Hoya)..There are many fake hoya filters in the market so buy from genuine seller.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Prashant, I thought of asking this in PM. But I couldn't send you one...
Do you have photographs taken to make this one??? If yes, Can I borrow some of 'em?
Thank you...
PS: If it's OK, please do enable your PM.

vivs

Broken In
D5200 is comming very soon for competing 650D

Hi Guys,
Check out the below link about D5200...

Nikon announces D5200 DSLR for Rs. 46,950; ships this December | NDTV Gadgets

Nikon D5200 salient features

High-speed, multifunctional and high-performance image-processing engine "EXPEED 3", equivalent to that of the Nikon's flagship model, D4.
Wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 6400 (expandable to ISO 25600 equivalent) that delivers sharp images with reduced image blur even in low-lit situations or sports scenes.
High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 5 fps that surely captures decisive moments.
Stereo microphone employed [NEW], Full HD (1920 x 1080) D-Movie with selectable 60i/50i frame rate.
Easy-to-understand and easy-to-operate, new GUI that effectively utilizes graphic processing. [NEW]
Large, easy-to-view, approx. 921k-dot, wide viewing angle (170°), 7.5-cm (3-in.) horizontal-opening vari-angle LCD monitor.
Energy-saving design that achieves approx. 500 shots* per charge (with EN-EL14, in single-frame mode). * Based on CIPA Standards.
Compatible with the WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter (optional) that enables transmission of images to smartphone or tablet PC wirelessly.
Compatible with the WR-R10/WR-T10 Wireless Remote Controllers (optional). Remote control is ensured even if there are obstacles in the way. [NEW]
16 options of Scene Modes that enable selection of the most appropriate mode according to the shooting scene or subject.
Variety of image-editing functions that allow you to retouch images easily after shooting, such as NEF (RAW) processing, Trim and Fisheye.
Special Effects that enable you to enjoy various creative expressions in still images and movies by setting prior to shoot.

Top Bottom