Camera talk...

satinder

DELHIITE
I really wanna see
use vdub
Downloads - virtualdub.org
just put all the photos in one folder, and make sure all the photos are named in sequence. As in Timelapse 01, Timelapse 02 and so on. Then open the first image file in vdub, all the images should open.
save the video.
this gives output in 4k avi, which should be a few gigabytes (10-40 or more depending on length of timelapse)
then use movie maker on this video before uploading to youtube
Thanks !
I also had similar problem.
Now all is set !

I used ffmpeg then and made small size video.
As bigger ones were failing.

Last edited:

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys what do you think of this:

Light L16 is a Point-and-Shoot That Packs 16 Cameras for 52MP Photos

This camera is actually 16 cameras in one | The Verge

*light.co/

Sample images here: *light.co/gallery

Seems to take some epic shots. Not sure if it beats a DSLR, but definitely beats a yesteryear's Point and Shoots..
Not much zoom tho..

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys I am soo confused. what to buy..I want your suggestions...any suggestions are welcome :D

1. whether I should buy a car first to move around places around mumbai, there are soo many places buy unable to see cause of biking for soo long not possible. (car selected Celerio for its awesome milage in petrol VXI version cost 5 lac)
2. Upgrade my Sigma 150-500 with Nikon 300mm f4 AFS non-VR used, it will cost me 17k more..TC I will plan later on.
3. Upgrade directly from sigma 150-500 to Nikon 200-500 VR new. new cost 78k, so it will be a 50k additional burden on me...will have to pay in installment for sure.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys I am soo confused. what to buy..I want your suggestions...any suggestions are welcome :D
In my view, you have good enough camera gears to keep you engaged. Go for CAR. When you're done paying EMI for car, you can go for lens upgrade.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Car, a lens will make a small difference in your life... A car will make a big one in you and your spouse's life. Also it allows you to do lots of fun things like midnight drives in marine drive, drives to lonavala and pune etc

sujoyp

Grand Master
Exactly amlan...thats the real purpose of getting a car....all those drives.

humm then it seems I have to learn to handle 150-500 for now :) Thanks amlan

This sunday at my home I shot some birds after long time and all pics came bad bad ...I was soo disappointed

satinder

DELHIITE
Guys what do you think of this:

Light L16 is a Point-and-Shoot That Packs 16 Cameras for 52MP Photos

This camera is actually 16 cameras in one | The Verge

*light.co/

Sample images here: *light.co/gallery

Seems to take some epic shots. Not sure if it beats a DSLR, but definitely beats a yesteryear's Point and Shoots..
Not much zoom tho..

It is better to have Nokia Lumia 1020 !
or

A DSLR ranging between 30K-50k.
Shootin Auto Mode.

Or

Sony RX100 series is far better in Point & Shoot category !

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sony has announced A68, an APS C SLT camera and made "the rumour" wrong. Sony has borrowed some from A58 and some from A77 to make this one.

Sony has announced A68, an APS C SLT camera and made "the rumour" wrong. Sony has borrowed some from A58 and some from A77 to make this one.

I like the fact that the price is low, the sensor is borrowed from A6000 and internal image stabilization, along with dynamics of a professional DSLR(top screen, control dials etc etc). Let's see the first batch of reviews. If the continues auto-focus is good, then it might as well replace the Nikon 7xxx series for best in APS-C category.

sujoyp

Grand Master
A68 is quit a good looking musculine DSLT ..liked the design.

*cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/15/11/sony-a68/-728/gsmarena_001.jpg

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
That grip on the dial.
:chinscratch:
Actually, dial is on the grip ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Happy diwali guys...
Unusually, it's raining continuously this year in Tamilnadu. I don't know if I get an opportunity to click some fireworks... Those who picked up photography this year, try some thing this diwali and post them. Everyone would love to see them.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Happy Diwali Nac ...I am on 9 days long holiday this time at my hometown..planning lot of things and photography..lets see what materializes

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Now FZ300 is available in India, the most expensive small sensor camera ever priced @46k. Who is gonna buy at this price point? I won't expect that this will see any price cut. Not in the near future, not in the far future, never as I don't see any before for FZ150/FZ200.
I see pricing for FZ1000 but it's not available with any online seller.
Seems like Nikon cameras are little cheaper in India than in US or at least with P900 and P7800.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I thought of buying a tripod about 2yrs may be 3yrs ago and even placed an order for a table tripod (costs less than ₹ 150), and end up getting the refund as it went out of stock. After watching digitarev cheapo tripod video, I dropped the idea of buying a cheapo tripod. It's been four years, still I leave my camera on a make shift arrangement when shooting long exposure.

Many a times I needed some kinda tripod and I refrained from buying the cheapo one and I even advocated not to buy cheapo ones. I don't see me owning DSLR (even a used one) anytime soon as I have more things in my buying list before DSLR, though I am getting tempted every now and then.

Now I am seriously thinking of getting some kind of tripod, at least good enough to use indoors/terrace for my compact. I am little short of 6' and I am looking for a tripod as tall as me, if possible even taller. But I don't see any tripod is as tall for about ₹ 500, and the tallest I see for ~ ₹1000 is 1.7m. Is there any tall tripod in my budget? Cheaper the better...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac tripods wont be that tall...and if you thing extending the center column is nice idea to make it tall then you are wrong...center column is the weakest if extended too much ..btw the flash stands are quit tall and strong if you can do a makeshift arrangement with that :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nac tripods wont be that tall...and if you thing extending the center column is nice idea to make it tall then you are wrong...center column is the weakest if extended too much ..btw the flash stands are quit tall and strong if you can do a makeshift arrangement with that :D
Nice idea. Haven't heard this before, but using tripod as flash stand. Now I am gonna google if it's possible... :)

Top Bottom