Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
mastervk full frame lenses are costly...and people recommend using fixed aperture lenses with it soo that its worth of getting a full frame body
the variable aperture lenses like 18-55 f3.5-4.5 is for consumer cameras...

for a kit lens
Nikon 18-35 3.5-4.5 the cheapest wide angle cost 30k
Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 cost 34k standard kit range
Nikon 24-70 2.8 cost 1.02 lakh
Nikkor 14-24 f2.8 cost 1 lakh wide angle fx lens

just go to flipkart and check the prices of all non DX lenses and you will know ....

there are not much advantages then what you said...but everything is just too better then dx

If given a choice I will get a FX like D700 and a Nikon v1 soo that I can get a great low light performance with D700 and with same lens I get 2x longer zoom on Nikon V1 :D

mastervk

In the zone
I will upgrade to canon 7d or the next version if available.. It is not full frame but satisfy all other criteria.. What is the equivalent model in nikon..
Even though I don't have plans to buy ff I will not buy efs lens.. So currently planning for full frame lens only..

sujoyp

Grand Master
mastervk 7D equivalent in Nikon is D300s ....both outdated ...but I am still planning to get a used D300s somewhere in my mind..reviews say that there is high amount of dust in jungles soo weather sealing helps and high fps of D300s and 7D helps in birding...soo :D

and Nikon D700 equivalent is canon 5DMKII

get lenses according to ur need...like I am a nikonian and need a wide angle lens for myself if I went to get a FX lens it will cost me 1 lakh ..soo better I get a DX lens costing 40k ;)

---------------------------------------
after viewing comparision of 7D and 5Dmkii ...i think its not worth ..we can adjust with a dx easily...Its too costly and iso of latest dx sensor is good enough for us...
maybe FX shines coz of fixed aperture lenses like 24-70 f2.8 ...if we use it on dx we can get at par quality

carl zeiss as far as I know are mostly manual focus lens...people say it have superb premium built quality, its super sharp even at corners, its contrast is great and no distortion. I think they make only prime lenses...

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
u mean 5D or 5DMKII or 5DMKIII :D :D ....I was comparing it with 5DMKII which cost around 2000$ now....4000$ is 5DMKIII

Tamron use

Di = Digital + film thats full frame +APS-C +Film cameras
Di II for only APSC
Di III for mirrorless

Soo Tamron 28-75 f2.8 is the cheapest kit lens for full frame costing 34k

mastervk

In the zone
I was referring to mark 3. So many names and jargon. Camera companies should learn from Apple and simplify model name. But maybe they want to confuse customers..

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I was referring to mark 3. So many names and jargon. Camera companies should learn from Apple and simplify model name. But maybe they want to confuse customers..

You mean they should learn from a company that launched their 6th phone with a 4 inch screen and named it iPhone5 :-D

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ lol or they can name it 5D1, 5D2,5D3 ....whats the need of this MARKII MARKIII ......nikon is better in that sense but they are less confusing

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You mean they should learn from a company that launched their 6th phone with a 4 inch screen and named it iPhone5 :grin:
:rofl:
^^ lol or they can name it 5D1, 5D2,5D3 ....whats the need of this MARKII MARKIII ......nikon is better in that sense but they are less confusing
It doesn't that confusing... but they don't need to name it like this as if there is scarcity for names...

sujoyp

Grand Master
the nikon and canon made some nice confusion when both used similar name at one point like
D300 and 300D
D40 and 40D
D50 and 50D

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Both Nikon and Canon use D which is confusing and stupid.

Also 5D series is better than 7D (should have been opposite)

Same with Nikon... They have models with 4 digits - D5100, 3 digits - D800, 2 Digits D70, and 1 digit - D4.

Leica follows Apples pattern... M8..M9

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
SX50 review is out... It seems like a good camera and expensive... expecting 28995/- at launch

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Hey guys, I guess this would be a right place to get some advice regarding a buy.
I want to purchase a simple Point & Shoot Camera for casual trip purposes.
Budget is very limited i.e. 10k only.
I have absolutely no knowledge of what features to look for in a good camera, my previous purchase a Nikon S3000 was also a total disaster.
So this time, i'd like you guys to help me out.
From only the price point & from a lot of people saying Canon is the best in quality, i came across these 3 cameras: FLIPKART

Now as i said, i have no knowledge, so please do look beyond these 3 models.
My main concern is,
> Fast capture speed (images must save quickly so i can shoot consecutive pics as fast as possible)
> Good battery life & preferrably Lion battery so i can charge it via a PC or Laptop. My S300 used to die in about 100-150 pics only.
> Slim. No bulky ones.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
SX150 should be out. It is a great camera... but not what you are looking for. BTW SX160 is also available... but again it is not what you are looking for.

Try if you can find Canon IXUS 220HS in local market

Otherwise Sony CyberShot DSC-WX50 Point & Shoot: 16.2 Megapixels: Camera Review, Price in India, Compare: Flipkart.com

In this range, most cams have CCD sensors... This one has got a CMOS so it should be faster than the competition.
Larger f/2.6 aperture is good for evening shots
The reason I recommend Sony because it is
- very user friendly
- good quality
- some easy to use fun features
- The pictures are crisp, vivid and noise free. Sony does a lot of processing to remove noise and add extra punch of saturation. Great for casual users.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Vipul,
As Prashant suggested WX50 should be fine. If the price difference between SZ7 and WX50 is not much, you can also consider SZ7.

vipul619

whodiswhodat
Vipul,
As Prashant suggested WX50 should be fine. If the price difference between SZ7 and WX50 is not much, you can also consider SZ7.

is this what you're referring too?
Panasonic SZ7

& i maybe wrong but isn't Sony all show, no work?
Would really give crisper pics than canon?

Also one thing, in my Nikon Coolpix S3000, videos recorded didn't have audio :/
So i hope all these models at least would record video with audio..

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@Vipul I use a Canon... they make awesome cameras. Let me explain in detail. Canon's picture quality is life-like. Pictures and colors look almost exactly as they look in real life. Same for Panasonic. Sony and Nikon on the other hand do some post processing so that colors are punchier and little saturated giving the image a more colorful and appealing look.

If you like Canon, go for IXUS 230HS. It is 13.5k so slightly over budget but it is worth it.

In your budget I would recommend SZ7 and WX50

Canon's Image stabilization is great... although not the best in class. Panasonic has got better. Nikon probably has the crappiest image stabilization when it comes to bridge cameras. Their DSLRs/ lenses have better iS than Canon probably? Am I right Sujoy?

BTW Sony launched the full frame SLT A99 in India for 1.8lacs (MRP)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
BTW Sony launched the full frame SLT A99 in India for 1.8lacs (MRP)

Another FF dslr contender... But both the fixed lens and this one cost about the same...

What we are getting with SLT when comparing with DSLR? Up to my knowledge, speed and missing optical view finder...

Canon have listed three new cameras...
SX50 - 30k
S110 - 30k
G15 - 35k

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Advantages/Disadvantages of SLT compared to DSLR Sony SLT camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More EVIL(Mirrorless) VS DSLR VS SLT: Digital Photography Review

Top Bottom