Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac dont underestimate the high end market...when people can buy $5000 leica cams mostly coz of its simplicity and high optics they may consider a $2800 sony RX1 too.

BTW what i read at most places is Pro guys who love street shots and portrait shots or lowlight shots would consider it.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
$5000 for a compact :shock: and that too for a clone :) (I don't know whether the particular model you are talking about is a clone or not)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Oops sorry my mistake the Leica M9 costs $6400 body only :D :D

Amazon.com: Leica M9 18MP Digital Range Finder Camera (Black, Body Only): Camera & Photo

*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OBS81OfcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Its the only other full frame small camera other then sony RX1 ....when people can pay 6400 + super costly lenses then at least they can try a RX1 or keep it in pocket as backup :D ;)

Nac y r u calling clone clone?? where did i mention clone?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You didn't but Leica is making clones... Up to my knowledge all the compacts from Leica other than X1 and X2 are clones.

M9 is an interchangeable lens camera. Like this Leica has 5 cameras (including this M9)
M Typ 240
M9
M9-P
M-E Typ 220
M-Monochrom

We can't compare these with RX1

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes we can compare them....what if someone is on low budget RX1 is $3000 and leica M9 is $6500+ thats more than double

And u already know what lenses leica have ...all primes from 20mm to 100mm mostly

Its like I can afford only a 5DMKIII but wanted a canon 1DX

Both of these are targeted on same market...sony just want to capture people who cant afford 6000$ ....I know some Pros in our other forum who travel with only a full frame DSLR with a 50mm attached to it...They may have big lenses for special purposes but like to travel light...

The funny thing is as a photographer grow older he begins to earn more and can afford all the costly full frame D4, 1Dx etc and big lenses like 500 f4...but as he is old now, he will not be able to carry 5kg on his sholders anymore....some advance enthusiast guys with many lenses carry arround 25KG on there bags while hiking :D :D I know 1-2

tkin

Back to school!!
Lol Nikon 3100 is far better than bridge cam
That's why I complained about the price, the max a bridge cam like FZ200(which I believe is the best bridge atm) can go for is 25k and I'd happily buy it(bought FZ150 for 22k a month back), but 32k kills this, only for people who want good quality pics but cannot handle DSLRs, parents, kids perhaps.

sujoyp

Grand Master
tkin u r somewhat right ...but add the cost of zoom lens with the DSLR and then compare...you will find this much cheaper

In any case DSLR is big,heavy,needs care/cleaning/have too many features and options which are certainly not needed by most peoples....
Ex we get a zoom lens...everytime we see a bird we change the lens to take the shot...then we find a landscape ...we change the lens again for that...how many people u think will like to do it...and if u say get 18-200 type lens then its better to use a superzoom cam :D

FZ200 will slowly come down to 28k within a year...soo its fine

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Reviews of SX500 ain't good (as expected). IQ is just as good as or little under SX130... If any one buys this cam, it should be for the focal range, size and the brand.

Guessing there will be similar reviews for SX50 as well...

Sujoy, But there were never a big price drop for FZ150. If the demand is as good as FZ150, I guess there will be no price drop even after one year...

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac FZ150 was launched at 28-29k last year at same time....if it can reduce to 20-21k then fz200 can reduce to 25k too :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
oh!!! But up to my knowledge, ever since it's listed in Panasonic India site it's priced 24xxx.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes nac u r right ....fz150 its price was around 24990 from start itself...and was launched for $500 in US....but strangely its still selling for $579 at amazon.com :shock:

fz200 still cost 600$ in B&H site

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Kinda pushing the initial sale for FZ200...

Canon have removed most of it's older models from its site. This includes advanced compact S100. Soon there will be newly announced cameras...

The thing is SX500 is priced higher than SX260... really funny... I hope the SX500 price will fall like SX150 did...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Since this is also the chit chat thread... I was thinking about a weekly photo competition thread or something similar?

Already it was raised recently... Was that you or mastervk??? Poor memory ;)

Yeah, just start a thread and we will all roll with the flow... Better not weekly, then there will more of a random snapshots...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prashant and nac ....no weekly is fine...with specific topic and certain editing guidelines. I have to post some old post coz I cant shoot much now....and each participant will post only 1 pic..and can change it if he wants untill weekend :)

Top Bottom