Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan :( what all you are saying :(

its 1200D+18-55+55-250 and not 1200D+18-50+55-200 :D :D

and D5100 is a nikon body canon have 600D as equivalent

anyways..if he is serious about photography then get him that 1200D combo or D5100+18-55 ... but if in future if he will get lazy carrying all that bulk to places, changing lens is a problem, thinking about fungus and cleaning is a issue, investing on tripod, flash,bag,macro lens ets is big thing on pocket then tell him to get a good superzoom like panasonic FZ200 or canon SX50IS

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy is using an old lens (I guess its AI lens). Amlan and Raziel is using a third party lens on their NEX. I would like to learn little more about this, third party lens/old lens using with modern day DSLR. Like,
Canon FD lens can be used on EOS camera (using FD > EOS adapter)
Old Nikon AI/AIS can be mounted on Nikon DSLR
Even Nikon F mount lenses can be mounted on Canon EOS (using adapter)

What are the other lenses can be used on Canon/Nikon DSLR?

sujoyp

Grand Master
What I remember about canon is that it have some longer flang distance due to which we can use more adapters on canon and use all the lenses on canon
Nikon have less of that flang distance due to that infinity focus gets lost in most 3rd party adapters

Nikon can use AI, AIS lenses which are made by nikon only. The AIS can even give focus confirmation on DSLR's like D7000, D300 etc.
Canon need adapter to use FD lens..but I think using proper adapter will give focus confirmation as well.

I dont have much knowledge about other russian and german made lenses like those Raziel use

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is AIS lens Nikon 55mm f2.8 AIS micro ...it was on sale till last year for 22k :D on nikon site

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Sujoy is using an old lens (I guess its AI lens). Amlan and Raziel is using a third party lens on their NEX. I would like to learn little more about this, third party lens/old lens using with modern day DSLR. Like,
Canon FD lens can be used on EOS camera (using FD > EOS adapter)
Old Nikon AI/AIS can be mounted on Nikon DSLR
Even Nikon F mount lenses can be mounted on Canon EOS (using adapter)

What are the other lenses can be used on Canon/Nikon DSLR?

Yup I have a NEX to MD mount adapter which cost about 200 bucks (amazon.com from Korea). It's good fun if you can get hold of the lenses required. The adapters start getting more expensive as you start looking for more features like auto zoom, auto aperture control etc. It's great fun since you can get some really good lenses at very cheap prices. Check out jjmehta forums or even amazon.com for old lenses.

[MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION]: even I had suggested that he get a superzoom. However he is adamant that he needs the better image quality of a DSLR more than the convenience of a superzoom. So I guess it's the 1200D with the 2 lenses

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anirban, :( Looks like a lot of fungus. Does it affects picture quality?

Amlan, Yeah, I saw few offer. Nikkor AIS for 2.5k and Helios for 3k. Youtube bloggers say that got FD lenses for 20/15/8 bucks. That would be so good... And they were talking about Zenitar, Helios lenses. Googled Raziel's lens, seems like it would cost a fortune to get that or it's an old one??? Seems like Canon can take Minolta lenses as well.

Seems like Canon can take a lot of lenses :) Should I narrow down to Canon and stop looking for Nikon DSLR? :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I couldn't use it for a long time. Yes. Dunno about the humid place. I kept in my usual camera bag.

I guess I'll have to turn it in for Service.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Anirban make it a rule to use all your lens every week...although my 50mm is almost gone due to fungus and 17-50 have some fungus...but still I think its not spreading now.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Now flipkart has put a banner saying that all the cameras are genuine and do have warranty. Guess they are being enquired by the buyers a lot .

Hrishi

^lol.

- - - Updated - - -

my camera doesn't shoots at 1080p 60fps. Instead it shoots at 1080p @24fps and 1080p@60i , which I think is interlaced video.
Is there any way to convert this interlaced 60fps into clean 30fps video. ?

I never tried to exploit video features of my camera yet , but it certainly kicks the ass of many other semi-professional DSLRs out there in the market due to cont. a-f .

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There was a rumour that Sony won't be making APS-C SLT. Seems like it's true. Sony's latest a3000/a3500 is a mirrorless camera, and it's an E mount. Seems like there will be no more entry level SLTs. Only top of the line like A77/99... :(

Hrishi

Hrishi yours is a sony DSLT ...isnt it?

Yeah [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]. It's a SLT.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a rumour that Sony won't be making APS-C SLT. Seems like it's true. Sony's latest a3000/a3500 is a mirrorless camera, and it's an E mount. Seems like there will be no more entry level SLTs. Only top of the line like A77/99... :(

That will probably reduce the community too. Damn.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] but thats an advantage for you...now that sony alpha mount and minolta mount cams are not made lens price will fall down in used market...you can enjoy lot of cheap lenses which will AF on your DSLT

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, need your help regarding usage of images in blog.

Do you guys upload your snaps to your own server for use in your blog? Or do you guys upload to sites like Flickr and then use the embed link in your blog?

Till now I have been resizing images, and uploading them on my blog. So I'm running out of disk space. Yesterday I decided to upload the images in Flickr and then use the embed tag.
The only problem with this approach is that when people subscribe to RSS feed (and use apps like Feedly), the embedded image won't show up in the Feedly list where it lists all the new posts (usually it shows a summary of new posts with images in a list). However when the full post is opened, it shows the image.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, I am using image sharing website. I guess almost all of us are...
BTW, I don't understand the last two lines. I can't help you there... :(

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
BTW, I don't understand the last two lines. I can't help you there... :(

Yeah, I felt I didn't frame the sentence well. Let me try to explain again:

If you subscribe to RSS feed using app like Feedly, it lists the posts of the blog in a list. If the blog post has images, it shows the first image in the blog post along with content. If you click any item in the list, it opens up the complete article.

Problem is that when images are embedded from Flickr, the image is not shown in the list. However when images are attached in the server, image is shown.

Hope this explains.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ No no it's not that. I mean I didn't understand those technical. I don't even know what RSS feed is exactly. Have come across the term before, my rough assumption is to get live update/ or just update of something (website content) in some other place like blogs. So neither I have technical knowledge nor the proficiency to help you there.

Top Bottom