The Inside Story of How Olympic Photographers Get Such Stunning Images

sujoyp

Grand Master
will post abt matrix panorama at other thread

- - - Updated - - -

yaar this is too much virtual :D *www.shredesign.com/photography/eyes/

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Had some time checking out RX100 & D3200 in a shop yesterday.
RX100 looks nice from quick use though can't tell much just by checking on the LCD screen. If I plan to buy another one, it'll be my first choice.... but I don't need a new one right now.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys, my parents are going to us in june. Is there any high end compact/m 4/3 cameras which are substantially cheaper in US prices?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen exactly my thought after using RX100

@skrmish you can get EPL5+kit for 480$ at amazon.com here it cost 42k in flipkart
Olympus XZ2 cost 300$ at amazon at flipkart it cost 30k

others all prices are more or less similar...checked soo many of them

sujoyp

Grand Master
no warranty nac...none of the USA items get warranty here ...it will be like without bill from a good shop
the right way will be...get from a good shop...use it till u are there...if faulty return back...else keep using...in any case u will dump all the boxes and packaging material in US itself ...cant bring the box I think else u have to produce the bill and maybe pay taxes.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
On the warranty front just ask the store/dealer if there is an international warranty package. I did for a dell laptop and was able to get it serviced in India.

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan no camera or lens have international warranty ...laptop have it...my samsung lappy have international warrenty

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for the recommendation Sujoy and Nac. I was checking and olympus does have international warranty. This xz-2 and epl5 seem a steal at those rates. I am seeing exceptional reviews for epl5. Will decide later accordingly

*www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/world_warranty_home.asp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for the recommendation Sujoy and Nac. I was checking and olympus does have international warranty. This xz-2 and epl5 seem a steal at those rates. I am seeing exceptional reviews for epl5. Will decide later accordingly

*www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/world_warranty_home.asp

Thats great..it seems luck favors you :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Camera manufacturers are posting decline in sales of digital camera. Not just compacts, including DSLR and mirrorless. And a rumour says that Canon plans to leave sub $200 compact. If that's true, then three will no more A series, low end IXUS and low end SX series cameras.

Canon have major market share as far as compact is concern, right? Why would they leave when they are the market leader? I really doubt it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think the biggest player in compact is Sony ...even nokia, olympus have lesser presence ...Canon was famous for quality....maybe they are lagging behind in competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sujoyp View Post
mine is 4k vanguard tripod...and I am not happy with that ...when I put my D7000+17-50 on it head tilts downwards...and slowly goes down like pisa tower ..I cant even imagine to put my 150-500 on it ...tripod's max weight is 3KG but it cant even handle 1.5 KG ..

I will get a descent benro or manfrotto tripod someday ....specially for macro and wideangle
D7000+17-50 is like the same weight as a 600D + 18-55 I'd guess ?

D7000 = 780gm
Tamron 17-50 - 430 gm

= 1210gm

Canon 600D = 570gm
canon 18-55 ISII = 200gm

=770gm

soo total difference is 400gm :D :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Sujoy, about your tripod. I guess it has to be a problem with the piece that you got. I have a 2.5k types ka silk ka tripod (pretty old, it used to a very strong brand back then) and it can hold quite a lot of weight without giving an inch. You might want to try and get that tripod service/replaced

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan my tripod is 2 yrs old now...but I think its a problem of weight....I get very irritated when I compose shot and click the button...every button press tilts the angle...I have tightened it to max but still it goes down with click.

Now will go to khajuraho for photo tour and have to take the tripod too...lets see how much it can handle :p

Top Bottom