Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
All the three 35mm G and 50mm G and 55-200VR all selling at very similar pricing.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
No matter whether its (35mm) DX or FX, it will give you 52.5mm FoV equivalent and 50mm will give 75mm FoV when using it on your D3200.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am dreaming about 50mm for a long time, that's my personal favourite. You can't pick everyone of our's favourite. You pick the one which suits your needs. DSLR users will help you with what the glass can and can't.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Divya, FYI, out of the three who responded to your query only Sujoy and Anirban are DSLR users and experienced. I am just sharing what I have read online for the past few years. I am just theory :) Don't get angry if you didn't know that :-x

divya magvani

Broken In
Still u r more knowledgeable person dan noob like me btw thnx i think i will try 35 nd 500 dan decide btw checkout imgs i hav shot on my fb profile nd comment on dem my id is Divya magvani

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Salman or Tom Cruise or Silhouette??? It's better if you have left the link. And I prefer Flickr or other image sharing website than Facebook.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
If I were the one buying out of these I'd go for the 55-200 lens, the reason being versatility. You've pretty much listed every type of photography in the initial comment, a zoom lens would allow you to cover most of that. a 50mm on the other hand while it is brilliant for creamy bokeh's and awesome low light shots would not really help in any of the other. A 55-200 would allow you to do these two things also (but with some compromises). The same reasoning goes against the 35mm also.

So my pick would be the 55-200

sujoyp

Grand Master
Pranav thats a awesome question ....after explaining why we should buy 35mm or 50mm or 55-200 ...I am still confused the reason :D

55-200 is a flexible lens ...you can stand at the same place and shoot a headshot form 10 meters away ...
if using 50mm you will have to go near like 2 meters and shoot ....soo it depends ...if u are targetting street people or your own people
and 35mm will give u enough space to shoot full body shot which we indians mostly shoot ...50mm is good for half body
I told you these...some more advantages are
55-200 can be used for birds and zoo animals ...it can be used in events such as fancy dress, music shows, etc
50mm can be used for low light and half porraits and creative shots using blurring effect
35mm is good for full body shots...taking group shots...taking shots of architectures/buildings creatively

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^
I fear that he has little idea about why he needs lenses, unfortunately. You dont want a guy spending hard earned cash on something because he didnt understand better back then and nobody warned him right ...

While I can see how one can be considering three very different lenses at the same purchase point, the comments by Divya seem confused. There is no good lens for a confused photographer IMO. :>

sujoyp

Grand Master
if there is a confusion then better get zoom lens...a 55-200 zoom will cover soo many lenses :) from 55mm 85mm, 105mm, 135mm, 150mm and 200mm
while a 50mm lens is a 50mm

divya magvani

Broken In
Thnx guys for ur help i ain't confused d problem is i want 2 do more than one type of photography my kit lens doesn't allow me to shoot zoomed images @f3.5 so cosidered either 35or50mm i,can zoom wid my feet and wanted to cover long range,macro to shoot insects flower,low light,birds,zoo animal i know my demand cant be completed by one single lens but it seemed u guys r well experienced dats y u guys can help otherwise to cover dis types ill need dedicated most expensive lens for macro 105micro,for shoulder head 85mm f1.4 for half body 50f1.4,wide28mm,35 f1.4,70-300 etc etc but one lens is my only budget since a ca student cant afford more dan 1 lens at tym so asked u guys whether which lens still dum muddled response dat i am confused nd all i agree with sujoy nd will try 55-200first den think bout buying it btw i have heard prime lens let you help develop as photographer since no zoom uhav to think bout composition is dat so btw again thnx for tremendous nd quick reply nd taking ur previous tym to respond to my query

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thnx guys for ur help i ain't confused d problem is i want 2 do more than one type of photography my kit lens doesn't allow me to shoot zoomed images @f3.5 so cosidered either 35or50mm i,can zoom wid my feet and wanted to cover long range,macro to shoot insects flower,low light,birds,zoo animal i know my demand cant be completed by one single lens but it seemed u guys r well experienced dats y u guys can help otherwise to cover dis types ill need dedicated most expensive lens for macro 105micro,for shoulder head 85mm f1.4 for half body 50f1.4,wide28mm,35 f1.4,70-300 etc etc but one lens is my only budget since a ca student cant afford more dan 1 lens at tym so asked u guys whether which lens still dum muddled response dat i am confused nd all i agree with sujoy nd will try 55-200first den think bout buying it btw i have heard prime lens let you help develop as photographer since no zoom uhav to think bout composition is dat so btw again thnx for tremendous nd quick reply nd taking ur previous tym to respond to my query

Then go for the 55-250.

Or save up some more money and get a 18-200/18-250/18-270/18-300 from Tamron or Sigma. Dont get the non IS version.
Or if you can afford, and actually are willing to forgo the additional zoom, then there is also the excellent 18-135 by Canon. I am sure there must be an eqivalent lens by Nikon as well.

Top Bottom