Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anirban I am not from kolkata bro I am from nagpur..but yes I am bengali and visited kolkata last 2 years due to project in dhaka :)

nac there is no cosmo gali :D :D

getting from a nice shop from where I bought my tripod and 55-200...nice in the sense the seller is nice and smiling and explains very well...other shop keepers see the customer like " Do you know what a camera is...have you even touched one before you silly guy" ..or maybe " its beyond your limit bro dont even ask the price and get out "

soo arrogent and careless are those big rich and popular photo shops are...I just hate them soo much ( the 4 authorized shop among 7 from nagpur)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Dayummmm

I thought you were based in Kolkata....

Anyway, just in case for any Kolkata guys here, in metro galli there is a shop called Rational Photographics. One helluva shop with a very nice and understanding owner. Very reasonable prices. Most importantly you can trust the guy. Small, very small shop, but very large sellings.

ashs1

Padawan
@sujoyp @nac : which shop would you recommend ( in nagpur ) for camera-shopping ? Moonlight shop at buldi is overpriced imo... altaf vali seems ok ( never been there though.. :p )

sujoyp

Grand Master
ashs1 ...that awsome that you asked :D ...I just hate moonlight, altaf-h vali and camara shoppe guys ...they sell at MRP and behave very rudely

I get my camera stuff from Hira photo labs just side of haldirams at birdie near maharashtra bank...the owner is a good fellow

sujoyp

Grand Master
soo many camera anounced ..but nothing sort of interesting...all seems just a minor upgrade ...

Sony HX400 and HX400V ...HX400 have 63x zoom but reviews say that its quality is not that good ...and HX400V have 50x but then SX50 had that even last year
Sony HX60 looks ok with 30x zoom but nothing quit amazing
canon also have nothing special in SX700HS
Nikon have done just some minor upgrade in P330 and made P340

I wanted to see some new 1/7" sensor cameras but sadly either we have fuji and canon G1x or else normal P&S

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I wanted to see some new 1/7" sensor cameras but sadly either we have fuji and canon G1x or else normal P&S

I want 1/7" be the new small sensor and all the large sensor should upgrade to 1" or higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Sony HX400 and HX400V ...HX400 have 63x zoom but reviews say that its quality is not that good ...and HX400V have 50x but then SX50 had that even last year
How many HX400 :p

Nikon announced P600 which has 60x zoom but no RAW. Olympus is making an entry with SP100 to compete with the likes of SX50 and all...

It's been more than 2yrs since XS1, Fuji may announce in response to RX10 and Stylus 1.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I get my hands on with 700D (more like a quick hands on). I think this is my first Canon DSLR hands on and first time I am using a fully articulated screen.

I was shooting in Av mode, flash was popping up when clicking shutter button, that's little annoying. I thought when I adjust focus ring, it will override the AF things, but it didn't.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I want 1/7" be the new small sensor and all the large sensor should upgrade to 1" or higher.
agreed nac

I was shooting in Av mode, flash was popping up when clicking shutter button, that's little annoying. I thought when I adjust focus ring, it will override the AF things, but it didn't.

Av is which mode nac, is it aperture mode ...canon must have given some sensor to detect the bad light and pop up the flash automatically ...it works in nikon too in full auto mode
if you are able to move the focus ring even on AF mode then canon must have given manual over rid in there perticular lens.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy,
Yeah, Av is Aperture mode. I have read about this (flash pop up - flash is also work as AF assist lamp) already and Raja too have mentioned it (???) and now I am experiencing it. It would be better if there is an option to keep it closed, else we have to keep the flash open all the time to avoid sudden pop-up. It's like jack in the box when I experienced it first :D

*helperbs.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/grimage-jack-in-the-box.png

Since I don't know how 700D works, everything is new and I am little curious to learn them. I had the camera in my hands for about 5 min or less. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Just came to know that imageshack goes paid website. :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
canon uses flash for AF assist :D :D Nikon have a AF light which is an led light and it glows when using AF ...Flash as AF light is crappy idea on popup light...its ok in mobile or P&S

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know this is the case for all the Canon DSLR (esp. semi pro and FF body). But I think (If I remember correct), this is the case for all the xxxD and xxxxD Canon DSLRs. And I am not aware of older models (older than 1100D and 550D)

sujoyp

Grand Master
No nac there must be some misunderstanding ....even my nikon D3100 have AF light which helped me in focussing at night...how is it possible that 700D have to pop up the flash to illuminate and AF at night

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^
As I mentioned in some other thread recently, using the inbuilt flash as an autofocus assist in low-light instead of having a dedicated autofocus assist lamp does bug me.
Yeah, even low spec cameras do have a dedicated led light to assist camera to focus in low light. Even my compact does have dedicated led light.
It's not a misunderstanding. Rajamanuel owns 600D and he himself have said in his comments.

raja manuel

In the zone
By the way, I get my hands on with 700D (more like a quick hands on). I think this is my first Canon DSLR hands on and first time I am using a fully articulated screen.

It is interesting that the flash pops up even in Av mode on the 700D. On my 600D it does that only in Auto and possibly in P mode. I don't remember if I changed any setting, but it is unlikely as I have reset my camera to default settings several times and the flash has never popped up by itself in Av or Tv. Are you sure you were in Av mode?

What AF things did you want to override? Even if you switch the lens to Manual mode focus confirmation will still work, and you can focus the lens manually even if the lens switch is set to AF (though there will be a lot of resistance). Of course, even when you manual focus it will autofocus on half press of shutter button if the lens is set to AF, unless you have set the camera to back button focus.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Since you say, it can't be... Then I most likely to be wrong as I have just used it for very few min. When I get the camera, it was set in M mode, I set the mode to Av before using it. May be I could have wrongly set to some other mode and thinking that I set in Av mode :oops:

I am checking the Camera physical layout. Let's see...

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to recognize the settings I set by seeing the physical layout of the camera, but couldn't As far as I remember, I set the mode Av (or at least I was thinking that I am shooting in Av mode). For now, I assume that I am wrong and will check when I get a chance (I don't know when this gonna happen :) )

"Flash pop up only when using basic modes like Auto"
So the reason for focus didn't override AF when I adjust using focus ring could be because I was shooting in one of the basic modes, I assume.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Canon SL1 will be the entry level model after they stop production of 1100D and 600D. I didn't expect there would be a successor of 1100D. Increase in MP, lcd resolution and full HD can't be called an upgrade. They keep almost everything same and call it 1200D and will sell at higher price. Nice strategy :mad:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Canon SL1 ...whats that ...I thought canon 100D the smallest DSLR is there to replace 1100D ...but where is it? and now we have another basic model 1200D

Top Bottom