Camera talk...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
!!

That happens too? :lol:

PS: just a suggestion, never tighten the head of the tripod too much. Just till it goes. No need to apply force. If it still moves, you need a new head. I mean the tripod. A heavier head.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anirban it happens coz its not a ball head...its a two way tilt head...
blah will get a good tripod when I have enough craze for landscape and god budget ...for birding monopod is enough :D

Kaz I use this sony T100 camera bough 6 years ago...it have 5x optical zoom...look at the size

*static.trustedreviews.com/94/a24c23/f0d8/4691-SonyT1003quart.jpg

*static.trustedreviews.com/94/d7501c/021b/4691-SonyT100sides.jpg
just 20-21mm thick like a normal p&S

I donno y companies did not use this technique in mobiles...that small opening could have a 8MP+5x optical zoom +stabilisation

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
you need a new head. I mean the tripod.
:rofl:

You should have bought a simpex 333 (load capacity up to 3000g) for few hundreds, but you spent a lot of money on that fancy branded vanguard tripod!!!
Even a decent branded tripod couldn't handle this combo, how would tripods like simpex 333 can handle? Careful guys, don't go by the spec you see in seller's listing.

Sujoy, Is that a VF in T100.

divya magvani

Broken In
Guys sorry to interfere but I have one question . I wanna buy new lens for my d3200 ,now I am having only 18-55 but thinking to buy new lens below 15-16000 I have seen sum option but confused which one to buy
1.35mm f1.8g,50mm f1.8g,55-200vr,40mm micro I mainly shoot people,landscape,b&w,macro etc pls help guys e1 if any 3rd party option r det help me decide which 1 to buy

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Other than macro, your kit lens is capable of all the things you mainly do. Ken's review on 40mm micro wasn't that good, esp. when you are considering it for macro photography. May be you can get used macro lens in your budget. If not you can go for other alternative, a manual focus lens and extension tube for macro photography.

divya magvani

Broken In
Nac ur correct 40mm is not dat much good for real macro but stiil manageble with my 18-55 but wat bout others i really not considered macro coz of slow af but wat bout 3 others

sujoyp

Grand Master
I mainly shoot people,landscape,b&w,macro etc pls help guys e1 if any 3rd party option r det help me decide which 1 to buy

you have 18-55 which can cover landscape ...
if by people you mean portrait then get 35mm 1.8 if you mean street photography then get 55-200
macro is a difficult one ....55-200 can give you good details on big insects but not like a macro lens..

I too think you should get 55-200 vr ...it will give you enough range to shoot people from a distance...and it produce good blurry background

with remaining 6k add 4k more later and get 35mm 1.8 for good portrait shots

no 55-200 vr lens is very light...no need of tripod ...it weight almost like kit lens
between 50mm and 35mm I will say get 35mm coz 50mm its very difficult to take full body shot on D3200

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you're not serious about macro, better save the money for premium glass. Your kit lens can do everything else you want to do. Still you want one more glass in your lens arsenal, you can go for prime lens. Sujoy says 50mm is too tight for portrait or group photo. Only two thing remaining (in your budget and from Nikkor) are 28mm f/2.8D and 35mmf /1.8G. What you want?

Manual focus vs Auto focus
aperture ring vs faster lens
28mm vs 35mm

divya magvani

Broken In
On some sites 35 is considered less sharp dan 50 also better bokeh on 50 is shown,nd if ill buy 55-200 i wont be able to have night pictures to f4 instead of f1.8 so wat say

sujoyp

Grand Master
look that sharpness difference betwen 35mm and 50mm you will never notice ...it need something like a magnifying lens to find out :D

55-200 is a flexible lens ...you can stand at the same place and shoot a headshot form 10 meters away ...
if using 50mm you will have to go near like 2 meters and shoot ....soo it depends ...if u are targetting street people or your own people
and 35mm will give u enough space to shoot full body shot which we indians mostly shoot ...50mm is good for half body

divya magvani

Broken In
One more thing 35 is dx so will work like proper 35on d3200 on d other hand 50 will be like 80mm due to 1.6 crop factor of d3200 so it will feel tight but still due to better bokeh nd sharpness confused between 35 & 50

Top Bottom