Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nikon launched a dedicated page for it's upcoming mirrorless camera.

Nikon Mirrorless is Coming...

raja manuel

In the zone
Yeah, we got the teaser video, the press release, and now a webpage. The consensus seems to be that this is just Nikon telling their customers not to jump ship to Sony just yet because they are working on something, but it is largely an acknowledgement of what was already known. New lens mount means that adapter performance is going to be critical for legacy lens users. Size of lens mount has raised expectations of better quality wide angles and possibly even a medium format sensor in future. Beyond this there isn't any information such as the user target, who will manufacture the sensor, what will the autofocus performance be, price, etc. We will have to wait till the end of August for further information when we may be asked to wait even longer for the camera to be available.
It will be interesting to see if Canon makes an in-development announcement of their own.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I just hope f-mount lens works on it else it will just be a blunder for nikon. Lens with adapter never works the same way but lets see.
I was planning to upgrade my 5yrs old D7000 this year just a week back but now I would like to wait and see whats comming.
If nikon releases a mirrorless at right price competeing sony then it will be great else I will just get a used D800e or d750 at mouth watering price :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Size of lens mount has raised expectations of better quality wide angles and possibly even a medium format sensor in future.
who will manufacture the sensor,
Sony is been supplying sensor for quite sometime now, hopefully it's Sony for this mirrorless too.
Yeah, that would be nice. Same mount for FF and medium format.
I just hope f-mount lens works on it else it will just be a blunder for nikon. Lens with adapter never works the same way but lets see.
I was planning to upgrade my 5yrs old D7000 this year just a week back but now I would like to wait and see whats comming.
If nikon releases a mirrorless at right price competeing sony then it will be great else I will just get a used D800e or d750 at mouth watering price :D
I am guessing F mount won't work without an adapter. Yeah, that's a bummer for Nikkor lens owners.
It's been 5 yrs :-o Time goes too fast
I don't think Nikon will undercut price. Guessing it will be in line with their FF DSLR. But they do have DSLR from sub 1 Lakh to 4.5L. That's a wide range. :D Will see...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Did anyone shoot lunar eclipse, yesterday?

I didn't have any plan to shoot until around 10pm. I don't know what made me to try this time. But clouds spoiled it. Waited till 1am, clouds didn't seem to be clearing and first set of batteries drained and my second set dropped to 40% (yeah, they are showing age). Shot some partial eclipse and full eclipse with clouds.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac what you shot is also superb...superb capture :)

I can see great deal for D800, D800e and D700 FF. but I just want to see what is the new announcement. even D750 has been announced 4yr back now. D800 is 5yr old model already.

I really want wifi and gps built in my next DSLR. The old way of taking memory card out and then copying to lappy and then transfering to mobile to send it through watsapp or insta is just too long.

My cousin has the cheap 1300D and I was able to transfer 700mb of pics from her dslr to my mobile in 10 minutes and shared with everyone.

Reactions: nac

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Wifi has been amazing, but the best thing has been the ability to use legacy lenses in the camera. I've gotten so many lenses that i would not have bought if i was limited to the sony or sigma lenses. Plus things like timelapse apps and all

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, I get it. Have been asked to share the photographs via wifi from my camera thinking that my camera has wifi option.
Not many cameras have both wifi and GPS. I can't think of any Nikon models which has both these features other than D5300.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I just checked and found that nikon implimented. Wifi after 2014 thats nikon d750 have wifi not before that

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

raja manuel

In the zone
Sony is been supplying sensor for quite sometime now, hopefully it's Sony for this mirrorless too.
Several discussions have centred around Sony sensors being a bottleneck in Nikion's supply chain which is preventing them from selling as many cameras as they can. Nikon seems to be exploring options with an Israeli firm for sensor supply. I think Nikon would like to move away from Sony and many Nikon fans would like that too, as right now many people have the perception that Nikon cameras are good only because of Sony sensors.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
By the way your can get wifi in your existing camera using the eyefi cards. Never used it but have heard good things about it.

Toshiba Flash Air III Wireless SD Memory Card 16GB (PFW016U-1CCW) *www.amazon.in/dp/B00UOYPZNE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PakxBb8B32014

Should help you guys till the next camera purchase

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thats a nice option..i didnt know its that cheap..i would get it next month

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Several discussions have centred around Sony sensors being a bottleneck in Nikion's supply chain which is preventing them from selling as many cameras as they can. Nikon seems to be exploring options with an Israeli firm for sensor supply. I think Nikon would like to move away from Sony and many Nikon fans would like that too, as right now many people have the perception that Nikon cameras are good only because of Sony sensors.
After reading your post, googled it. And I have been wrong all this time thinking that it's Sony's sensor.
It's never Sony. Going by the articles I read, it's always Nikon who designs their sensor. Sony just manufactures it.

raja manuel

In the zone
There are articles that discuss it both ways and the truth may also fall between the two - Nikon may source the sensor entirely from Sony for some bodies, and design the sensor themselves and only get the fab done by Sony for others. Cost optimisation based on expected sales for each model may guide these decisions. My understanding is that the critical patents are owned by Sony which is why Canon has previously not been able to catch up with Sony sensors (specifically, having on-chip A/D converters). The DPAF sensors don't seem to have the same restrictions which is why Canon is beginning to catch up.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nikon released next teaser "Mount" couple of days back. And they have four more slots for upcoming teaser/video. Seems like they're gonna release one every week until launch date.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah its a good time to launch mirrorless ..so all profesaionals will move to mirrorless and i will quitly move to used d750

raja manuel

In the zone
Leaked photos of the Nikon camera show that it is not going to be a compact, pocketable body as some expected. It looks at least APS-C DSLR size + a huge viewfinder. This is assuming there will be only one model released now.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's better that way rather than a small soap box size form factor. Even today's mobile phones getting bigger and not pocketable and I don't why people are expecting pocketable camera and that too a full frame. After adding lens, it sure is not. Is RX1 pocketable?
Yes, VF look big.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would have loved same size with mirrorless and all new technologies inbuilt..reducing size for ILC is no use for me..my 17-50, 90mm, 300 mm even 35mm are not small in any sense

Top Bottom