Camera talk...

Discussion in 'Cameras and camcorders' started by nac, Aug 14, 2012.

1. izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage Well-Known Member

@raja thanks for the group link..

Others, can you guys also point me to some good tutorials on the use of an off camera flash

2. raja manuel

raja manuel Active Member

a) You're still tagging the wrong Raja :D
    b) You're welcome. Post any questions you have, there will be valuable lessons for all of us

I went to the International Camera Fair in Chennai today. This is the 3rd time I'm attending and the quality has gone down a lot, but it was interesting to see that Canon didn't bother to have a camera stall, and only had a small stall for photo printers - quite a contrast from a previous appearance of theirs when they not only had one of the largest stalls, but created it in the shape of a DSLR where you had to enter through the lens. Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic and Sony all brought out the big guns with huge stalls, as did Tamron.
    DJI had 2 large stalls. I know that drone photography, despite being illegal, is becoming very popular but I wonder why they needed 2 stalls in different parts of the exhibition.
    For some odd reason, Isuzu commanded a huge amount of floor space to show off their pickups and SUVs. Never seen cameras that looked like that :)
    Overall, this year was a very boring experience. I went with a lot of cash and with my debit card, expecting to spend a lot of money, and came back with just a couple of pamphlets.

nac, izzikio_rage and sujoyp like this.
  3. izzikio_rage

Wow, really want to attend some events like this one.

I've been asking around for drones too, but not sure how the law stands and how to buy one of them. Plus it looks like a great toy not sure if i can use one.

Flashes are taking a lot of time, still trying to get the basics and loving every min of it.

4. sujoyp

sujoyp Well-Known Member

I am going to Tadoba Jungle safari this 30th. But if I carry only nikon D7000+300mm +TC I will be too restricted. I remember one of my friend with this combo got only face and eyes...the animal was soo close. Planning to get one more camera (rented) with me..lens I can use 55-200 :)

nac likes this.
  5. izzikio_rage

He he.... The lack of a high focal zoom in a DSLR

6. sujoyp

sujoyp Well-Known Member

No its the lack of low end zoom ..i will be on 420mm ..there should be something which cover 150mm-200mm

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk