Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
how about fitting a 16-300 on a m4/3 it becomes 32-600 ...good enough :)
or a 4.2-357mm on an 1/2.3" camera ;)

- - - Updated - - -

This is how a rugged camera should be.
Leica launches its first rugged camera with the X-U (Typ 113) underwater compact: Digital Photography Review

sujoyp

Grand Master
nikon P900 have 4.3-357m (83x)...ooh so you were talking about the same :D I started searching for 90x zoom cam recently announced and came to same result ;)
yaar make the sensor slightly bigger..make it 1/1.7 at least

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
nikon P900 have 4.3-357m (83x)...ooh so you were talking about the same :D I started searching for 90x zoom cam recently announced and came to same result ;)
yaar make the sensor slightly bigger..make it 1/1.7 at least
Googled to find the details of the 90x, couldn't get much.
F - 19.x - 17xx mm f/3.x - 6.x lens. It loses reach on the tele and have much wider focal length.

Fuji had XS1 in their lineup, and it's been four years and there is update from Fuji.
Stylus 1 came up with one, but the others brought 1" bridge and made Stylus less enticing.

sujoyp

Grand Master
which p&s have 19-20mm start...i saw min 24mm ...we actually dont need so much tele...but wider is better but will increase the size of glass I suppose.

I am soo impressed with Nikon 200-500... I also want one :hyper::hyper:
But in mumbai I am not able to do birding much and my 150-500 is also sitting idle...soo not going ahead. :-?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
which p&s have 19-20mm start...i saw min 24mm ...we actually dont need so much tele...but wider is better but will increase the size of glass I suppose.

I am soo impressed with Nikon 200-500... I also want one :hyper::hyper:
But in mumbai I am not able to do birding much and my 150-500 is also sitting idle...soo not going ahead. :-?
The newly launched Kodak starts at 19mm eq. I think this is the widest I ever seen from a fixed lens camera.
There are many cameras have wider than 24mm, like Nikon L series bridge and most notably Canon SX60 and Panasonic FZ70.

You know, this offer for 1200D really pushing me to press that BUY button. 22490/- for a twin lens kit is something I might have gone for 4yrs ago. :-x God... Even thinking about going for EMI, about 2k a month for an year.

sujoyp

Grand Master
soo r u going to get it ...get it man...we know you have great knowledge, I wanna see how much you can apply in field :D :D just joking ;)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
soo r u going to get it ...get it man...we know you have great knowledge, I wanna see how much you can apply in field :D :D just joking ;)
No, I am not. Most likely when I buy there won't any deals/offers and I will regret about not getting it this now. Few years ago, I thought I would get a DSLR in a year or so and it's been more than a year and I am still saying to myself that I will get it in a year. So hopefully, next year this time, I will be shooting with a DSLR. I am convincing myself all is well and luckily I have a camera with me now. So I have something, for now, for me SX130 is the best camera than 1200D :)
No... I have very little knowledge about photography and a bit of 'em should be reflecting in my photographs. Just applying them is not good enough to make good photographs, need that "artist eye". Like everyone me too trying to develop that skill.

sujoyp

Grand Master
:) Soo next year same time u will definitely have a dSLR ..good.

Even I dont have artistic eye :( ..I try to copy the idea of others to replicate on my pics .

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] you're overthinking it. There is no right time to get a DSLR. i waited a ton of time to get it till i felt i knew enough. That never happened and finally was sort of forced to get one by my family.

Then i unlearned a lot of stuff from my p&s and learned a ton of new stuff. I might have been way better today if i had started earlier.

It's less about the money and more about the time. Today you have the drive and the time to put into a DSLR if you get one. Tomorrow who knows. So if if you feel that your are halfway there then think seriously about getting the camera.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Today you have the drive and the time to put into a DSLR if you get one. Tomorrow who knows.
I agree this point 100%. But...
It's less about the money and more about the time. There is no right time to get a DSLR. i waited a ton of time to get it till i felt i knew enough. That never happened and finally was sort of forced to get one by my family.
Trust me. It's more about money than time for me. I need a ton of things for years. Still I couldn't get them. At least, If I got half of them, I might have gone for DSLR now. I am hoping for best. At this point of my life, I better earn it rather than getting it as a gift.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
It is your decision. But then use that sx130 to the max. You have awesome pics, use CHDK, give us startrails, timelapses etc. Do all the stuff you can do

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
How is Tokina ( Nikon Mount) 11-16mm f/2.8 For a wide-angle lense? Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 is too pricey. If you have a hands-on experience with any of the wide lenses, you can tell.

tokina 11-16 f2.8 is one of the most sought after wide angle lens...it fits perfectly with 11-16/17-50/50-150/150-500 lens plan for cropped sensor.
It got good reviews..you can also look for sigma 10-20 its also good
2.8 aperture is not to useful in landscape but you can have some artistic shots using that.
How about [STRIKE]Tokina[/STRIKE] Rokinon 8mm [STRIKE]f/2.8[/STRIKE] f/3.5 fish eye manual focus lens? I came across this lens when I was looking for widest and cheapest lens for an APS C camera. It's sub $250 lens, I don't know if it's available in India, even if it does it will be selling at higher price than US.

Edit: Sorry it's not Tokina, not f/2.8 and it's not for Nikon DSLR. :(
I think I was taking about Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 fisheye lens.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac that 8mm have heavy distortion ...and fish eye lens are not easy to use...
Flickr - Photo Sharing

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nac that 8mm have heavy distortion ...and fish eye lens are not easy to use...
Flickr - Photo Sharing
Yeah. It's normal to have distortion in fish eye lens, right?. We can de-fish in post. Thanks for the link. It gives nice IQ, right?
I was looking for the article I read about this lens but couldn't find. And end up knowing that there are even more wider lens. Sigma 4.5mm lens and lensbaby 5.6mm lens. They are circular fisheye lens, I don't know what's the difference between circular and normal fisheye lens. Yet to google that...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I heard from one of good landcape phographer at jjmehta that 14-17mm wide is ideal for landscapes ..thats 10-12mm in cropped sensor lens . as the flickr link shows all the pics have that circular ends like in fish eye lens...its good for art but not for landscapes where you wouldnt want any distortion at all.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I heard from one of good landcape phographer at jjmehta that 14-17mm wide is ideal for landscapes ..thats 10-12mm in cropped sensor lens . as the flickr link shows all the pics have that circular ends like in fish eye lens...its good for art but not for landscapes where you wouldnt want any distortion at all.
May be the article was so convincing that the 8mm fish eye lens is a very good lens. The things I liked about the lens,
- Price
- Angle of view (much wider than the 8mm normal lens) - after defishing
- IQ (I didn't compare it head to head with other wide angle lens. Just the samples)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I noticed this spot about 10 days ago. Since the spot is on the same place, I think it's on the sensor. Went back and checked the photos. Photos are spotless till 2nd Jan, from 3rd it started appearing and I didn't notice it until 10 days back.

The spot is more clear as I stop down the aperture.

What is this?
What choice I have?
Should I send it to service center to clean/fix it? (I assume the cost of cleaning this will be a lot for this camera... :( ) or
Should I live with it? (If it's a fungus, this would grow, right? :( )

Thought of 'How about cleaning myself?'. Watched couples of videos and doesn't seem easy to me. :(

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/Sensor%20spot1_zpskyk6ipon.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm even I was facing the issue just 2 weeks back...noticed all my pic have dust mark on left side..but DSLR have sensor cleaning mechanism..and it got cleaned.

in your case I dont think we have any access inside..we could have used a blower to do that..its not fungus it seems dust only..you have to give it to service center i think

Hareesh Kumar

Right off the assembly line
There are some advancement, for the most part they are just ornamentation. I like photography but am not a professional photographer so I can not explain more about your question. I am working as a branch manager of cab services in kochi based company.

Top Bottom