Camera talk...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
there is always an option ;)
Yeah, but not everyone have a Canon DSLR, right? In fact, there are more Nikonian here than Canonian.

- - - Updated - - -

Or am I missing something? CHDK and magiclanterns can be used in other brands as well? :chinscratch:

ashs1

Padawan
Can anyone please suggest the preferred one between canon 700d and d5200 ?? I earlier finalised on d5300, but its a bit out of my budget..

Can anyone please suggest the preferred one between canon 700d and d5200 ?? I earlier finalised on d5300, but its a bit out of my budget..

I was in the same confusion a few months back when buying my first DSLR. Then after going through a LOT of reviews and trying both cameras at store, I bought the D5200. I found it to be better than the 700D. D5300 is just D5200 with built in wifi, gps and a larger screen and a few minor software changes. Its not worth the extra money over D5200. What's your purpose BTW?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Can anyone please suggest the preferred one between canon 700d and d5200 ?? I earlier finalised on d5300, but its a bit out of my budget..
Both are good cameras and both have their own advantages and disadvantages. See which one you like more and buy it. Obviously, some would lean on Canon and other would lean on Nikon and make you confuse with our different choice of DSLR.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hello!

So, I have almost decided on taking the plunge. AGAIN.

I am thinking of getting the Nikon D7100 (body only). Whether I will be letting go of my D5100, havent decided yet. Is 8-10K enuf to let it go? Its of 2011 vintage, and I love my first dSLR.

Now, I have got quotes of 52K for the D7100. How about it?

Actually, I have inherited a few lenses from my dad's Nikon F1M, a 50mm 1.4, 18-105mm cosina, and a 10-24mm sigma(?).

Also, I have been mulling over a macro lens for sometime, but couldn't decide on any. Considering a budget of 25K, used lenses welcome, which ones can I look for?
Since I stay in Kolkata, where can I start looking for good used lens deals?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Arent you giving 18-55 with D5100 ....togather u may get around 12k if all is well. no one will want a D5100 without kit lens :)

D7100 is a good DSLR..52k is a great price as 66k is the MRP and we get a max discount of 20%

for 25k you may get tamron 90mm new or nikon 105mm non VR ...I have tamron 90mm and I am happy
for used lens I suggest you visiting jjmehta forum...its super reliable..and many kolkata guys also there

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
no one will want a D5100 without kit lens :)
I am okay with prime lens, even an old ais lens instead of kit lens.

These days entry level dslrs are lot cheaper. Why there was no deal like this when I was looking for a camera? :-x 1200D for ~18k, dual lens kit for ~22k, it's so tempting... :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac giving 18-55 with D5100 will be a better choice for newbie...prime lens and non-AF lens will frustate new guys.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yeah, but not everyone have a Canon DSLR, right? In fact, there are more Nikonian here than Canonian.

- - - Updated - - -

Or am I missing something? CHDK and magiclanterns can be used in other brands as well? :chinscratch:

*nikonhacker.com/

for nikon, although i do not have idea about the series and models supported.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Just checked some reviews about led ring flash and its usage...its ok as a fill light for macro photography but useless for portraits but for fill light I can then take my flash too...and it cost from 3k and above

Umm I dont find it value for money :) dropping the idea for now.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*nikonhacker.com/
for nikon, although i do not have idea about the series and models supported.
So I did miss something. :| Since the site is untrusted, I didn't see the site. Checked some youtube videos, seems it's predominantly for videos.
Reading the disclaimer would give no one confidence to try this hack.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Fuji X30 successor drops the zoom lens & sensor and borrows sensor from X100T and a new 28mm prime. Seems like Fuji isn't going after that 1" sensor crowd. It's a good move, I think. But no VF on an advanced compact when the target customers are hobbyist to pro is a bummer...

Kodak has announced 90x bridge camera. :)

Hopefully we will some more compacts announcement before the end of Feb.

sujoyp

Grand Master
why dont camera makers make big zoom lens camera with 1 inch sensor..a 1 inch cam with 16-300mm 3.5-5.6 will be good

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
why dont camera makers make big zoom lens camera with 1 inch sensor..a 1 inch cam with 16-300mm 3.5-5.6 will be good
Already there are few 1" bridges. 25-600 from Canon, a lot more than you asked for; and FZ1000, RX10...
As far as I know there is no fixed lens camera with this much wide angle have ever come or at least not in the last four years.

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh I missed it :) thanks nac ...then due to there huge price its not working.
FZ1000 is 45-60k and RX10 is 75k around ...too costly

I would love to get something like this for travel or better will get a 18-250, 18-270 or 18-300 lens directly :p case closed

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Canon also came out with a RX100 beater.

Also the larger the sensor the larger the lens usually is. So a 18-600 for a full frame will be like a tank. And might not give very good quality either

Top Bottom