Calling all Call Of Duty 4 Players !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I might drop in for one of the sessions as well. It's been a while since I've played the darn game. Someone will have to re-jog my memory on how to join these servers though. :|

pickster

Professional Layabout.
wont it be great if someone posted a guide so that noobies and oldies with rusty memories :)P) dont have a problem?
preferably in the first post itself.
naveen_reloaded can do it

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
actually the old thread has been deleted...

will get a tut soon...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
guys

try installing hamchi and

join in here

Name : TDFCOD4
Password : 123321

please join... and lets see how it goes..

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
nothing actually, when someone will host, you have to type /connect <ip> in console(for hamachi)
for xfire in not sure

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Please be patient guys.As I told I'll be free by 12:30pm tomorrow.Then I will post all the relevant details and will also PM few new members with some more finer details too.Please bear with me. :p

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Please be patient guys.As I told I'll be free by 12:30pm tomorrow.Then I will post all the relevant details and will also PM few new members with some more finer details too.Please bear with me. :p
Thanx amrawtanshx.
I will be out of town for the next two days,so i'm trying it now and i'll be back online from wed.
Hey hullap r u online in xfire now?

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just installed the game. I'm not all excited about installing Hamachi, so if there is an alternative, then let me know.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
actually hamachi once made my lap screen resoltuion go crazy...

but i think we dont have any other choice..

can some one post the damn tut on how to start a cod4 server ?

i am on 512 kbps...

just started a server : TDFCOD4

and hamachi details

join in here

Name : TDFCOD4
Password : 123321

or elseadd this to favourite 5.114.192.127:29860

Please update ur game to 1.7 version !!! or else we cant play...

ucan find the patch at gamecopyworld

Last edited:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Ok , So here you go.

1.Install COD4.

2.Update it to 1.7 (1.6 is a multipatch of 280mb and 1.7 is of 40mb .Both are needed)
Patch 1.6 is here >>> *www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofd...om_act=convert&om_clk=files&tag=files;title;5

Patch 1.7 is here >>> *www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofd...om_act=convert&om_clk=files&tag=files;title;3

3.We can play with Hamachi or without Hamachi.
If we play via Hamachi , Firewall has to be OFF or Bypass Hamachi through it or you will keep on gettin Awaiting Connection.
If we dont do it via Hamachi , then no need to worry.You just need to know the IP of the host.For that there should be some communication through any client like xFire.
If any of your friend is playing COD4 , U can join him by Right clicking on his name and selecting JOIN GAME.

4.So if u dont do it through xFire ... U need to manually enter IP in COD4 console.Press ` (the key left to 1 ) to obtain console. Press /connect <IP of the host>
SO if the IP is 202.63.171.121 , Ur syntax should be /connect 202.63.171.121
Now you will see Awaitin Connection 1,2,3 ... Normally it stops at 4 and then approaches to Setting Up Game.

5.So now your game is ready.Lets count some frags ;).

Ok.Now how to host.
1.The host needs a c#ack3d MP file to host.This file is required only by the host , not by clients.
2.Open iw3mp.exe.(c#ack3d one)
3.Click on Start New Server.Now select the options the way you want to customise your game.You can select eith Dedicated or Internet in Type.Both work same.
4.Click on Start Game.
5.If the host is on Hamachi,he needs to connect to his IP.So he needs to keep server on and again open iw3mp.exe.
/ connect 5.240.43.45 If 5.240.43.45 is the IP of the host.

I'll also PM most the posters here with some 24*7 well populated servers ,so that play the game even if TD members aren't present.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I also messaged the posters here with some popular servers.
And for better communication among us,its imperative to have an xFire profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom