Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
how about providin some useful freewares
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221735&postcount=1

iyuvabharat

Broken In
PLZ i want reviews about low end graphic cards like 8500gt,8600gt etc. i cant search or surf the web asking people which is the best actually most of our friends are also facing the same problem,and graphic cards in for budget like 4000-700rupees

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
All Drivers Available For Xp, Vista & Linux for the followings :

Intel Chipset & Graphics Driver
Nvidia Chipset & Graphics Driver
Nvidia nForce System Tools 6.03

ATI Chipset & Graphics Driver
VIA Chipset & Graphics Driver
SIS Chipset & Graphics Driver

Realtek HD Audio & Lan Drivers
Crystal Audio Drivers
CMedia Audio Drivers
Microsoft, Logitech, Creative Webcam & Mouse Drivers
HP, Canon, Samsung Printer Drivers

Nvidia & ATI Best Moded Graphics Drivers

Windows Xp Post Sp3 Updates
Windows Vista Post Sp1 Updates

Comodo Internet Security (32-bit) 3.5.53896.424
AntiVir Personal Edition for Windows 8.2.0.334
Yahoo! Messenger for Windows 9.0.0.2018 -- Give the full package
KMPlayer 2.9.4.1433 Beta
Opera for Windows 9.61 Build 10463 Final
The GIMP 2.6.1
OpenOffice.org for Windows 3.0.0 Final

EXCLUSIVE : A Video On Digit Test Center ( Around 20 -30 Mins Long )
Some Tech & Tutorial Videos From thinkdigit.com
Some Free Color Cartoon Movies

Full Version of Driver Genius Pro ( If you can manage to include it )

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey pls provide some
1. cool wallpapers
2. Theme/Icons (Windows/Linux) also
3. Fast Track LInux

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Flash 10
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Cool HD Wallpapers (1280 X 720)
All World PC Drivers For Windows
OverClocking Software (If Avaliable)
Complete OverClocking Tutorials (Beginner, Mid-Level, Experts)
Windows 7 Transformation Pack
Fedora or Ubuntu Latest Version
Nero 9
Best Hardware's Recommended by Digit's Forum Member (eg : GFX : HD4850 Sonic 1GB)
Important Tips And Tricks By ThinkDigit Members.
DJ Softwares
Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection
MindSoft Utilities XP 2008 v4.0
SolidWorks 2009 SP0.0 Win32 Premium MultiLanguage Edition
ESET NOD32 Business Edition v3.0.672

http404

ubuntu user, web dev
Ubuntu, Mint, OpenSuse11, PCLinuxOS and Fedora
A small request about Linux isos:
Most releases are followed up by 10s of MBs of patches in a few weeks. So, when including any Linux distro, please try to ensure that we must not need to download 100MB+ security patches as soon as we run the installer.

Assuming that you use Synaptic/apt as the package manager, this can be avoided like this:
Downloading the full iso, installing every package that is more than 10MB, and patching all of the software by upgrade-all.
Then, make a remaster / new iso of it and put that one into the DVD.
This will surely make the size cross 10GB or so.
In that case, remove the Linux games and maybe the rarely used ERP apps (not the common J2EE or LAMP ones, just the "exquisite" ones) from the remaster iso.

But please do keep the up-to-date strategy for all common desktop and developer applications
Downloading updates of 100-200MB is very annoying and not always very well handled due to poor internet connections, even broadband.

Note to users:
In Synaptic options, (before downloading patches/updates) - choose the option which corresponds to "leave downloaded files in /var/cache/apt/archives/

------------------ IIT / NPTEL / Youtube videos ----------------

As for content, have you all taken some time to see the wonderful new educational initiative that IITs have taken up: NPTEL
The wonderful thing they have done is that they have converted all their video lectures into 1-hour long videos on Youtube - FLV format.
You can use VLC Player which is a free opensource player for all types of free software file types like Ogg Theora / Vorbis / etc. as also all common audio and video formats like mp3, mp4, etc.

The NPTEL FAQ is very useful to read about the motives and intentions behind this new program.
The little known fact is that this series of lectures by IIT Professors is being broadcast online on Door Darshan since May 2005, yes, last three and half years, and the courses are available in DVD format (40 hours, 1 course, 500/- DD to NPTEL, IIT Chennai) or in Hard Disk format - a few 500GB SATA disks - for a few thousand rupees.

From Copyright point of view, it mentioned in the FAQ itself, that they will soon be releasing it under Creative Commons License which means that you can freely copy and share the videos as long as you leave the copyright notices intact. I have clarified this with the NPTEL project team and they have said no problems - get it across to students - after all they are broadcasting it live on DD for 3.5 years.

The problem now is that even to download and view a 1-hour lecture it is about 120MB. So, a full course of 35-40 lectures comes to about 4-4.5 GB! There are at least 40-50 such courses. So a terabyte or so needs to be downloaded!

Of course you could always download things as and when you want, 120-240MB per week - as you want and so on. But then, the problem is of unnecessary repeat downloading of the exact same content by everyone - whereas we could easily utilise the extra bandwidth for surfing dynamic content like blogs, news, email, chat, Skype, remote login, VNC etc.

So unless broadband becomes cheaper - something that has been promised as "coming soon" for years now - it is going to be a total wastage of bandwidth by everybody - even in the presence of a wonderful content-request system in place, here at Digit Magazine.

So my request is to make one DVD available per month with one full course - this could also help students in their upcoming engineering examinations.

Apart from IIT NPTEL videos, there are also lots and lots of good technical videos for mechanical, civil, architecture, electrical, electronics, chemical, genetics, biotech, apart from software and hardware, from other sources like makezine.

Several of those are Creative Commons licensed - that means if you keep their copyright notice intact there is no problem copying and sharing on the magazine DVD.
Multimedia content is the future of computing. Internet and technical education will help the future of our economy. We can start participating in it right from creation stage just by suggesting best Youtube videos to download (first checking the license).
This is a very very useful service that Digit can provide. Looking forward to the year end special with some of this educational content.

PS: On the practical side, I downloaded two courses - Internet Technologies and Databases. It took me two weeks with 24x7 @ 256 kbps, along with other normal work. So it's not that easy also.

Last edited:

sudipta_008

Right off the assembly line
1) NOKIA S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2 / S60 5th Edition SDK
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif
2)ATI Chipset & Graphics Driverhttp://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@everyone
A lot of linux distros in demand. Keep posting requests.

Hey, Where is the RyanVM post XP Sp3 Pack in the November dvd. It's not listed in the nov disk content in the forum:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=980080

I think you will add it on Dec 2008 Disc.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
aaah! It has disappeards! Sorry for the wrong info. Yes yes. Important to have RyanVM, to upgrade new installations of windows. Will do best to provide.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
PLZ i want reviews about low end graphic cards like 8500gt,8600gt etc. i cant search or surf the web asking people which is the best actually most of our friends are also facing the same problem,and graphic cards in for budget like 4000-700rupees

Those have been done in the November issue :)

BTW, I request you never to make any issue dedicated to one particular topic (I'm saying this 'coz someone asked you to make this all about mobiles.) When you do so, those not interested in that subject won't like the issue.

ssurenr

Right off the assembly line
Your contribution in popularizing Linux Distros are revolutionary. You have given a lot of stuff for linux users.

We expect a next big revolution from you i.e., the 64-bit revolution.

Please provide 64-bit OSes, Softwares.

Most of the computers today are 64-bit capable. But people again going for 32-bit Solutions. Even they dont know that they are using a 64-bit capable computer. Please provide an article regarding this ignorance by listing various processor models that are 64-bit capable.

And why not to provide a 64-bit Windows XP Trial ISO this month?

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Windows Se7en Review - (With Requirements)

Core i7 Review

HD Trailers

Need For Speed - UnderCover Demo

binilmb

Always friendly as DIGIT
Please include Canopus Edius Pro 4.x Demo and its effect plugin package Boris FX Box Set

Last edited:

koshyjohn

Developer
1. DiskMax 3.15
*www.koshyjohn.com/software/diskmax.html
(description and download) - 372KB
- *www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/DiskMax.shtml

2. neoSearch 1.84
*www.koshyjohn.com/software/neosearch.html
(description and download) - 416KB
- *www.download.com/neoSearch/3000-2248_4-10715472.html?part=dl-10715472&subj=dl&tag=button
- *www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/neoSearch.shtml

Full disclosure: These software applications were written by me and have a combined install count of 19,000+. Just one use of each and anyone will be convinced of their innovativeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom