Buy a Zune, Fight Breast Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Billy G rulz .... now with the story:

Get yourself a 30GB limited edition pink Zune, and fight breast cancer at the same time. Unlike some other charitable music-player-selling schemes that only donate a measly 5% of their proceeds to charity, when you buy a 30GB Zune from Warriors in Pink, 100% of the purchase price goes to Susan G. Koman For the Cure, thanks to the generosity of Ford and Microsoft.

PS: bande ka dil bahut bada hai ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
100% to cancer research & charity....WTF...u must be joking....

how much does Product Red iPod pays to charity :rolleyes:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I love this initiative MS has taken in the past one year with charity. You already have the IM Initiative on Windows Live Messenger. I hope all of you are part of it.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The_Devil_Himself said:
lol man 250$ for a 30gb Zune?I would rather give all 250$ to charity instead of buying Zune for 250$.
Amen, 100% is a bad tool of marketing again. They surely won't do a 100% unless we count the 'Pink Zunes' to be um, 1...3... 5 units in all? :lol:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
another such tricks to boost the sales. . . did microsoft didn't have any other idea?
well i do agree it will help ladies suffering from such cancers.

BTW, SOURCE IS MISSING! Mr. Virus

goobimama

 Macboy
Well you can look at it this way:

Number of Zunes sold = 2 :D
Number of iPods sold = 2 million.

I wonder which one actually benefits the 'cause'. :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
goobimama said:
Well you can look at it this way:

Number of Zunes sold = 2 :D
Number of iPods sold = 2 million.

I wonder which one actually benefits the 'cause'. :)
I wonder where U get this figure.

goobimama

 Macboy
Heheh... I'm a board member of both Apple and Microsoft... Balmer answers to me :)

But on a less serious note, where's the source to the original post?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
for all those who want source ... steve ballmer called last week and told me abt this cause i had told him to inform me abt MS charity work progress ....;)

lol... what a way to sell something that people don't want to buy.. lol.. it's a last ditch effort to get the zune into the hands of the people before it dies a horrible death which I think it already has.. lol.. :D

amitava82

MMO Addict
Think this way:
MS is donating less than the customers.
Actual Zune costs: $99
Manufacturing costs: Less than $99
Selling price: $249
Customer donating: $150
So if MS really wanted to do charity, why don't they just donate that amount they invest in manufacturing... Instead of playing some dirty trick in the name of charity..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^^ atleast they are doing something....and something is always better than nothing ;)

In my childhood school days, there was teacher who used to say same thing when some kid did incomplete homework...."kiya, kuch too kiya..na karne wale se too acha hain na" :)

100% maybe not(bcoz profit is still the main objective of any biz)...but yeah...they are still taking the inititive...I am not saying Microsoft is good or bad...but had some other orgainization done it...most of the replies would have been "WOW"...."Awesome" ...."Great"... and this being Microsoft..."Damn, if they do it...Damned if they dont" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.