Bullet train may connect Mysore-Bangalore in 30 mins

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Finally we are going to see bullet trains in our country. This December, this train might see the light of the day.

Finally some decent public transport. :)

Source

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
erm..this isn't the first proposal of a bullet train..i know quite some time back..there was a proposal to have bullet train from mumbai nashik or mumbai gujarat & it has headed nowhere...u will be lucky to see it in your life time...

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Railways should first try to improve the current infrastructure and services ....Bullet train you will be paying atleast 10 times more fare than the existing one and at currently it will be a waste of tax payer's money .....

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yeah let them improve the trains hygiene.You can find cockroaches even in A/C and first class.Indian trains are so dirty.
I remember reading somewhere.Once some passengers stopped the train as there were mice and roaches.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
First of all we need dedicated high speed Railway Track corridors(other trains should run at the very minimum times,may be not at all).Is that infrastructure ready?
Keeping aside cost(what ssdivisiongermany1933 said,as the true fact),the railway lines should be nearly straight (minimal bend,even to a certain limit of degree).
I mean the ENGINEERING aspects of the Rail Tracks for bullet Trains is the most important one,which not only needs years of planning,but a total implementation of near error-free,zero tolerance project.
Bullet Trains are not deemed/functional to run on existing Railway Tracks in India.

Anish

Spectre
We will see bullet trains in our country if we are fortunate enough.

But for quick laying of bullet trains and faster development, Indian Government must seek help from rajnikanth ;)

icebags

Technomancer
bullet train is pretty expensive, i wonder who will ride them ? and what will happen if line is sabotaged by those terrorists ?

First of all we need dedicated high speed Railway Track corridors(other trains should run at the very minimum times,may be not at all).Is that infrastructure ready?
Keeping aside cost(what ssdivisiongermany1933 said,as the true fact),the railway lines should be nearly straight (minimal bend,even to a certain limit of degree).
I mean the ENGINEERING aspects of the Rail Tracks for bullet Trains is the most important one,which not only needs years of planning,but a total implementation of near error-free,zero tolerance project.
Bullet Trains are not deemed/functional to run on existing Railway Tracks in India.

+1 for land acquisition problems. :D

Yeah let them improve the trains hygiene.You can find cockroaches even in A/C and first class.Indian trains are so dirty.
I remember reading somewhere.Once some passengers stopped the train as there were mice and roaches.
bullet trains are normally maintained at airline standards, in luggage checking, catering etc all. hopefully in our bullet badam, muri walas will not be allowed too.

Tech&ME

Banned

Well !

1. Bullet Trains won't run on existing Tracks, since they are not made to take the payload of a bullet train.

2. Separate corridor [tracks] will be installed with the help of Japanese Engineers. And yes the tracks ought to be straight but bend is required at certain degrees to balance the train and to check certain traction and wheel conditions on running trains.

3. Cost will be less compared to Flight.

And to answer the existing infrastructure of the Indian Railways, in MO, it is at par with some countries. Given the length and breath of this country, railways has some very good locomotives, produced locally in India [ technologies adopted from American and German locomotive manufacturers ]. Powerful locos are present, which is not utilized fully. Only Rajdhani Trains use locos of the highest horse power at present due to increase in the number of Coaches and the payload.

Yes, I do agree on the maintenance aspect of Coaches/ Carriages, which at times are not clean.

4. We need this bullet trains for India and hope such things happen soon.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^I HOPE and wish a fulfillment for my Life long DREAM.
May be I won't be able to board a bullet Train in India. But very keen to spot one running within my lifetime.
Have experience in journey by boarding in Rajdhani Exp. & Duronto Exp.
You correctly said, nowadays Electric locos of WAP-4/5/7 class built by CLW(Chittaranjan Locomotive Works) are fairly standard Powerful locos.
And by the modernisation projects on and in CLW itself,it's not impossible to build Bullet train class Electric locos.
Even Perambur(Integral Coach Factory) & Kapurthala are modernised to manufacture and produce high speed railway coaches.Bullet Train coaches can be well built in India by Public-Private partnership of Industries.

THE MAIN THING IS THE DEDICATED HIGH SPEED RAILWAY TRACK CORRIDOR.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Bullet trains in india is kinda not possible.Why?
1)Its Yindia.
2)The people here dont have any sense.They cross railway track etc.Now if a bullet train is there.They be hit into the air
3)Derailment everyday :facepalm: ?
4)They wont have great safety standards
A bit OT:
Dubai Metro is fully automatic.While bangalore metro that opened recently is still Man driven.

icebags

Technomancer
May be I won't be able to board a bullet Train in India. But very keen to spot one running within my lifetime.
You correctly said, nowadays Electric locos of WAP-4/5/7 class built by CLW(Chittaranjan Locomotive Works) are fairly standard Powerful locos.
And by the modernisation projects on and in CLW itself,it's not impossible to build Bullet train class Electric locos.
Even Perambur(Integral Coach Factory) & Kapurthala are modernised to manufacture and produce high speed railway coaches.Bullet Train coaches can be well built in India by Public-Private partnership of Industries.

dont really think govt plants can make bullet trains, its entirely different technology, and there is no moving wheels. most countries out there have it from private companies. perambur is modernised, but they are yet to g a long way. the ac rakes they sent for our kolkata metros are a bit buggy, they kinda collapse every other day. :-?

Tech&ME

Banned

Well the plan is to have the entire Track Corridor Elevated

And WAP-9 is already in service, which is the most powerful loco in the Indian Railways.

Bullet trains in india is kinda not possible.Why?
1)Its Yindia.
2)The people here dont have any sense.They cross railway track etc.Now if a bullet train is there.They be hit into the air
3)Derailment everyday :facepalm: ?
4)They wont have great safety standards
A bit OT:
Dubai Metro is fully automatic.While bangalore metro that opened recently is still Man driven.

Q 2 & 3 : Track will be Elevated, so no Level Crossing and cow / people trespassing.

Q4 : Technologies from Japan to be adopted, hence safety standards can be expected to be of the highest.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yup.Yindian Railways should give the project to the Japanese.They should not interfere,Not even 1%.If that happens. We can expect some cheap quality bogies.I mean.You can see the screws etc.
2)Platforms should be completely modern.With A huge glass covering the edge of the platform.And automatic doors in the platform to enter the train.That way it is safer.And People wont be able to cross tracks at all

Top Bottom