Bullet train may connect Mysore-Bangalore in 30 mins

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@Tech&ME, If that is projected and done,well very much likely we may be/are going to see the Bullet Trains running.

And WAP-9 is already in service, which is the most powerful loco in the Indian Railways.

Do you have any information about this particular loco in Indian Railways website or in IRFCA(once a member...)?
Please post any link or photo.
AFAIK, WAG-9 is the most powerful Electric Loco in India,used to haul GOODS Train only.Speed and its limits are well restricted according to rules of Indian Railways,Govt. of India.

tkin

Back to school!!
Instead wasting money on this cr@p, govt should spend money to upgrade the safety and security in the railways, is traveling a bit faster to bangalore worth the lives of all the people dying every year in train accidents?

Tech&ME

Banned
@Tech&ME, If that is projected and done,well very much likely we may be/are going to see the Bullet Trains running.

Do you have any information about this particular loco in Indian Railways website or in IRFCA(once a member...)?
Please post any link or photo.
AFAIK, WAG-9 is the most powerful Electric Loco in India,used to haul GOODS Train only.Speed and its limits are well restricted according to rules of Indian Railways,Govt. of India.

Link is this for WAG-9

Link is WAP-7

I am also a member at IRFCA... :wink:

I am very keenly interested to see such a project in India happening. I have been following Trains in particular of various countries.

I Quote from wiki :
In India, trains in the future with speed of 250-350 km/h, are envisaged to run on elevated corridors, to prevent trespassing by animals and people.

SahilAr

In the zone
Well,when Railways Discussion started here,i was d one who would really start this thread and i was the first one to post it..but @vickeybat,u snatched my adhikaar :p :D koi ni...
I am really very interested in railway talks and all..i am a huge fan of Railways ;)
Well,first of all...India is a country and will remain the same for d next many decades..
(Indian Railways)They don't even know what the train should be named and what should be the speed limit for it..They name the Local Trains as EMU and MEMU,an EMU can achieve upto 110km/h.But in India,they hardly run it at 45-50 km/h!And about the Express Trains,they are expected to run at minimum 200-220km/h and in India,the speed is limited to 70-80km/h(average).And about Intercity Express,first of all..they don't even know what an Intercity Express is!And Intercity Express are high speed rails..i have read that Intercity Express has above 300km/h speed and Indian Railways run them at 60-65 km/hr.Those Durronto,Shatabdis,Garib rath(which is really very very garib),Rajdhani's....are believed as Fastest Rails According to India,because they run at 140km/h at maximum speed and in Foreign Countries,the Local Passengers can go beyond 140km/h at maximum..shame on you Indian Railways!!
India ke railway tracks jitne km faile hue heun utne per km mein 10* jyada problems bhi faili hui hein ;)

d3p

PowerHouse
I really don't understand "Why the heck, does govt want bullet train between Bangalore & mysore ????"

Mysore can be reachable from bangalore in a 4 wheeler in just 1-1/2 Hrs. Approx - 140KMs.

Except few IT companies, Mysore is just another stab.

They should put it either Bangalore - Chennai or Bangalore - Pune.

Cheap a$$ project...........

Tech&ME

Banned
Well,when Railways Discussion started here,i was d one who would really start this thread and i was the first one to post it..but @vickeybat,u snatched my adhikaar :p :D koi ni...
I am really very interested in railway talks and all..i am a huge fan of Railways ;)
Well,first of all...India is a country and will remain the same for d next many decades..
(Indian Railways)They don't even know what the train should be named and what should be the speed limit for it..They name the Local Trains as EMU and MEMU,an EMU can achieve upto 110km/h.But in India,they hardly run it at 45-50 km/h!And about the Express Trains,they are expected to run at minimum 200-220km/h and in India,the speed is limited to 70-80km/h(average).And about Intercity Express,first of all..they don't even know what an Intercity Express is!And Intercity Express are high speed rails..i have read that Intercity Express has above 300km/h speed and Indian Railways run them at 60-65 km/hr.Those Durronto,Shatabdis,Garib rath(which is really very very garib),Rajdhani's....are believed as Fastest Rails According to India,because they run at 140km/h at maximum speed and in Foreign Countries,the Local Passengers can go beyond 140km/h at maximum..shame on you Indian Railways!!
India ke railway tracks jitne km faile hue heun utne per km mein 10* jyada problems bhi faili hui hein ;)

You forgot something in between ....... :lol:

The EMUs kills many people on the track including animals.
-- That's one reason they run it slow.
-- This trains run on DC current instead of AC. Which by present standards should have been upgraded to AC racks.

No , Iam quite a big railfan ...spend a lot of time with trains few years back

coming back to topic

Connect big cities ... like delhi-amritsar , delhi lucknow , delhi jaipur ,same for other parts of country tooo

Nice Idea !! :-D

kg11sgbg

You forgot something in between ....... :lol:

The EMUs kills many people on the track including animals.
-- That's one reason they run it slow.
-- This trains run on DC current instead of AC. Which by present standards should have been upgraded to AC racks.

@Tech&Me,Friend a little modification and clarification is needed. It's true only Mumbai based EMU's runs on 1500V DC line till its suburbs.The DC line is extended till Igatpuri on one end and to Valsad towards the other end.
The rest of the country(I mean the full electric traction overhead catenary/wires) are energised to 25KV AC
EMU's running around the suburbs of Kolkata;New Delhi/Delhi;Chennai all run on 25KV AC
Your first reason is a GENUINE reason also.

As you mentioned before,if elevated(DEDICATED) tracks are built and connected all along between Mysore-Bangalore,then that would be the most feasible/practical run for a Bullet train in India.
There were also proposals for connecting Mumbai-Ahmedabad(along a separate dedicated Railway track for running Bullet Train) during Lalu-ji's(Sri Lalu Prasad Yadav) regime as Railway Minister.

Tech&ME

Banned
@Tech&Me,Friend a little modification and clarification is needed. It's true only Mumbai based EMU's runs on 1500V DC line till its suburbs.The DC line is extended till Igatpuri on one end and to Valsad towards the other end.
The rest of the country(I mean the full electric traction overhead catenary/wires) are energised to 25KV AC
EMU's running around the suburbs of Kolkata;New Delhi/Delhi;Chennai all run on 25KV AC
Your first reason is a GENUINE reason also.

As you mentioned before,if elevated(DEDICATED) tracks are built and connected all along between Mysore-Bangalore,then that would be the most feasible/practical run for a Bullet train in India.
There were also proposals for connecting Mumbai-Ahmedabad(along a separate dedicated Railway track for running Bullet Train) during Lalu-ji's(Sri Lalu Prasad Yadav) regime as Railway Minister.

you are correct.

Laluji had visited Tokyo during his regime to take a test run on the bullet train, he was even allowed to seat in the cockpit :-D :-D

91% of bullet trains in the world are on elevated corridor. India cannot invent a new way to do it IMO. :wink:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
As AWESOME this project sounds... I was not happy to read this,
"The project would cost approximately Rs. 150 crore per kilometer "

per kilometer! :shock:

Such kind of money rather be spent to open more government hospitals with reasonable hygiene.. so that people are left even "alive" to board the "normal" trains. :|

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
As AWESOME this project sounds... I was not happy to read this,
"The project would cost approximately Rs. 150 crore per kilometer "

per kilometer! :shock:

Such kind of money rather be spent to open more government hospitals with reasonable hygiene.. so that people are left even "alive" to board the "normal" trains. :|

Actually this gives them another opportunity for scams.

techno

Evil Genius
finally we are going to see bullet trains in our country. This december, this train might see the light of the day.

Finally some decent public transport. :)

source

in india i think it will be a miracle bcz the existing railway service is the worst railway service in the world and this type of train needs high quality infrastructure to run and in india it will never come by 2050 so its totally scam and crap....

Tech&ME

Banned
in india i think it will be a miracle bcz the existing railway service is the worst railway service in the world and this type of train needs high quality infrastructure to run and in india it will never come by 2050 so its totally scam and crap....

Lol

You should first take a World Tour. Indian Railways ranks 2nd in the World.

It is one of the largest Rail Network [ largest by length and position at 4th in the world ]

However, I agree on the cleanliness aspect of the Indian Railways, which is not worst, but ya not in a very good shape.

Imagine, you running a company of 100 employees, of which 50 % are illiterates, how will you be managing it ?

Indian Railways employees, 3 Lakhs of people, 40 % of which falls under the illiterate class.

Again 45 % of the commuters/passengers are illiterate as well !!

kg11sgbg

Imagine, you running a company of 100 employees, of which 50 % are illiterates, how will you be managing it ?

Indian Railways employees, 3 Lakhs of people, 40 % of which falls under the illiterate class.

Again 45 % of the commuters/passengers are illiterate as well !!

+1 to Tech&ME

Absolutely correct,because Indian Railways one of the largest PSU(Govt. body) sector,is run by many illiterate people,particularly at the lowest hierarchy of the
organization.
Moreover,due to populistic political decisions,there is a severe SHORTAGE of Funds.:cry:

Top Bottom