BSOD 124 while gaming....new gaming rig...

GamerKing9

Broken In
hello everyone,
In nov.2014, i built my brand new gaming rig.(Link : *www.digit.in/forum/show-off/188648-my-1-7-lac-gaming-rig.html)
Everything was fine till January and suddenly one day when i was playing Assassins Creed IV:Black Flag...my computer crashed with BSOD error code 124, i thought it was just a game bug, so i goggled it and found out that there is no specific solution to this error, and this is mostly hardware related error but i can also caused by any software :-?
This issue is really getting worst day by day because BSOD occurring anytime while i playing...(Mostly while playing Unity,Black Flag,crysis 3 etc.)

Here are some points i would like to clarify.
1) BSOD occurring any time but not all the times and it is consistent with these game i mentioned above.
I completed BF4 At 1080p ultra and COD:AW or watch dogs with various graphics mods but no problem whatsoever.
2) I haven't done any type of overclocking on my rig. (XMP profile was disabled.)
3) I ran memtest86+ for 4 passes and it passed with no errors, so should run it for 8-10 passes?
4) Voltage problem ??? (Stock Rig,no overclocking.)
5) I also used Prime95 for CPU stress test for 2 hours and my highest CPU temp was 60c. (Speedfan and Speccy.)
6) Also tried Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit) and passed without any problem.(Your CPU is stable.)
7) Whocrashed showing this massage
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 3/19/2015 1:14:58 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\031915-11980-01.dmp
uptime: 02:39:23
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x00000000)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800AF3F028, 0xBF800000, 0x124)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

8) All Drivers are Updated with Driver Booster 2.

So please help me to find solution because all parts are under warranty so if any component is faulty i can replace it.

Note :
Google Drive link of DMP File and sf_diagnostic_tool file.

sf_diagnostic_tool
*drive.google.com/open?id=0B0SIfcecKt_DQzRoMnlLb2hTTGM&authuser=0

DMP File
*drive.google.com/open?id=0B0SIfcecKt_DYldOOFoxN1U4aVU&authuser=0

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check HDD for bad sectors. If game is installed on SSD then move them to HDD and try. Also make sure you have the most recent and stable drivers. BTW, did you try reinstalling windows ?

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
check HDD for bad sectors. If game is installed on SSD then move them to HDD and try. Also make sure you have the most recent and stable drivers. BTW, did you try reinstalling windows ?

Both HDD's are defragmented and i am using ssd as boot drive so no games in SSD only essential softwares.
All drivers are updated with driver booster 2.
and nope, i did not tried reinstalling windows i only formatted once after buying this PC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
First check HDD for bad sectors. Use HDD manufactures diagnostic tool. Next Install a fresh copy of windows. Don't run too much background application if possible disable AV. Test and report back.

Gollum

Collector
I've treated many bsod124 with system board replacement.
nothing else fixes it.
That said, this is only on notebooks.
Your best bet. try a cheap gfx card with only one stick of ram and one HDD.
if Ram and GPU are good, your motherboard is toast.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
First check HDD for bad sectors. Use HDD manufactures diagnostic tool. Next Install a fresh copy of windows. Don't run too much background application if possible disable AV. Test and report back.

Found out that my new 2 TB HDD have bad sectors in it so this can cause BSOD's ? sometime bsod occur even when i was playing games which are not stored in that HDD....

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Found out that my new 2 TB HDD have bad sectors in it so this can cause BSOD's ? sometime bsod occur even when i was playing games which are not stored in that HDD....

Unplugged HDD and after that problem was gone for a while but it occurred again toady while playing Metro Last Light.:shock:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only time I faced such weird BSOD when the cpu was dying and the motherboard also acted up.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the motherboard gone first so RMAed it , later bought a new one. AFter this RMAed both cpu and psu.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Guys!!!
I checked my BIOS settings again and found out that cpu core ratio - sync all cores was enabled so i changed it to auto and surprise!!! BSOD 124 was gone...!!!! :lol:
so can anyone please explain me what is exactly issue here? is my processor was faulty? or what else ?
BTW thank you everyone for their support !!! Much appreciated.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
BSOD is back!!! :-x
Just Started COD BO III and its all over again...:(
This is really frustrating, please give me some solution...if RMA than which component i should send?
Google drive links for Memory Dump and HWiNFO64 attached, please check that out for more info.
(HWiNFO64 Log was recorded while playing COD Bo III,just right before crash...)

I have already done these things -
Clean install of Windows 7.
All Drivers are updated with Driver Booster 3.
Replaced bad HDD with new one.
Memtest86 for full night.(No errors)
Just Updated Bios to latest version.

Google Drive Link to Memory Dump and HWiNFO64 Log -

*drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0SIfcecKt_DLVZwcEU1S2FmOVU&usp=sharing

Last edited:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
1.7 lac gaming rig with CM Thunder PSU :lol:

Yeah that's a first. I didn't used CM thunder series even in my 45k rig. Those things are shady at best. For a 1.7lks rig nothing less than a seasonic or atleast antec should have been used.
There can be many reasons for sudden BSOD. And 1 prominent reason can be the inability of the PSU to handle fluctuations or variations in voltage.
Another prominent but lesser known reason is the leaking of voltage or current in the cabinet due to bad/no earthing. That often results in BSOD.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Yeah that's a first. I didn't used CM thunder series even in my 45k rig. Those things are shady at best. For a 1.7lks rig nothing less than a seasonic or atleast antec should have been used.
There can be many reasons for sudden BSOD. And 1 prominent reason can be the inability of the PSU to handle fluctuations or variations in voltage.
Another prominent but lesser known reason is the leaking of voltage or current in the cabinet due to bad/no earthing. That often results in BSOD.

So what should i do now? RMA power supply?

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
So what should i do now? RMA power supply?

First of all you must check your earthing. Its extremely important that no current is flowing through the chassis. Check youtube for for a good idea for rectifying your earthing problem. Once that step is taken. Then you can think about the other things like changing the PSU or RMA.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=158750]GamerKing9[/MENTION]

As per REDHOTIRON2004 update, I agree with him. It’s better to check the hardware connection and settings again.

Based on your post, it could be possibly be a hardware fault like MOBO, PSU and temperature issue. I'd like to check with you, did you face any weird noise or temperature issue from PSU?

Based on my experience, problem can occur due to many reasons. As a techie, we will never know the cause of the problem is PSU or MOBO, but if you feel the issue is due to PSU so I'd suggest you to try the different PSU.

OP
G

GamerKing9

Broken In
Guys sorry for late reply, just got my MOBO back from RMA, first time they sent me bad MOBO so i sent them back along with processor and ram, they replaced MOBO and i got new MOBO:mrgreen:
Currently i am checking it out, i will let you guys know what happens next :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom