BSNL Dataone Users Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyam911

Journeyman
Hulo Wrote
They must have outsourced the monitoring job to China :lol:
BTW, could you correlate the Fee with the transferred data? Also, from which day of the month the billing starts? Earlier, it appears that the billing for a month used to start from 20th of the previous month. But in May, till 29th, the details are being shown under May only.

The billing month still starts from 21st of every month for me. And BTW i was not able to correlate the fee and the data transferred. in fact i tried and i ended up confused

shajan

Broken In
BSNL has decided to reduce the charges for DataOne service.

hi guys ! GOOD NEWS !

i am too lazy to type, hence i copied what appears below from BSNL news : :lol:

For all the customers of DataOne taking modem on monthly rental basis from BSNL, the
installation charges have been reduced to Rs. 250=00 with immediate effect.

In case of customer purchasing modem on outright purchase basis from BSNL, the
installation charges are waived off with immediate effect.

The security deposit (non-refundable) of Rs. 500=00 while renting modem from BSNL is
made refundable for all customers of DataOne including existing customers. :!:

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
Will the existing customer get this 250 discount on installation charge.

and what is mean by "modem on outright purchase basis"

shajan

Broken In
i am not sure re. the first part, needs clarification from bsnl.

re. the modem on outright purchase.

bsnl is selling that chinese modem for 2K. or on rental @ 100 pm.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
The new customers are lucky then. Nobody is really worried abt the price of the connection or modem, etc........

Everybody is worried abt the TRANSFER LIMIT which xpires this month end

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz i just got my dataone connection today ... but unluckily i dint get the 500 bucks off for installation on purchase of the modem ... anyways i have some questions ..

1. how do i get my email id and monitor my account usage ? shud i just use my username and password (the one which i use to connect to the internet ) on the dataone website ?? i tried that but it says invalid username/pw.

2. how do i know my download/upload limit ?

3. Best and easy software to monitor my dload/upload limit ? i need it now as i dont have the unltd usage till 30th june.

shajan

Broken In
spend ur time

please spend some time @ this forum & read all the posts, u get all the answers here & everything has been discussed b4. :!:

selva1966

Journeyman
There are rumours going around that it will be extended up to September 2005.

Anybody can confirm this news.

*forum.seo4india.com/Good_News-t1403.html

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Well selva1966, these rumours have been floating ever since BSNL announced that till july there wont be data transfer limit. Check the braodband sticky at the general section.

However it will be good if that thing happens :D

jagaqua9

Right off the assembly line
There is one and only one a_s_s_hole in whole of INDIA and that is Govt of INdia-they have confused and screwed the whole data one business- bloody buro-crates

selva1966

Journeyman
Jagaqua9, however angry you may be about Govt. of India which incidentally protects you do not use unparlimentary words in this forum.

This is a very decent forum.

The MODS are very strict here :twisted:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
jagaqua9 said:
There is one and only one a_s_s_hole in whole of INDIA and that is Govt of INdia-they have confused and screwed the whole data one business- bloody buro-crates

BSNL gave u free transf limit for more than 5 months and u call them names.

Tell me which other connect gave free transf before Dataone came into the picture

:)

BTW I'm hoping they extend the period from june to Sept. :wink:

thecyclone2k

In the zone
I feel the people at dataone (and most broadband isps, just searched in google and found most have such crappy 1gb limit so, for now dataone is better than others) still live in 80s who think a mb is quite large to store files. They say this is the testing period and the rates shall be changed as per market conditions. The site says - The above tariff will be an Introductory Promotional Tariff for a period of Six months from the date of the commercial launch. So, one month of chaos, I have to use dialup again for a month, dataone just for really important jobs (like downloading large files). So, hopefully, they throw a glance of mercy to us fellow countrymen.

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

Till now, it has not much prob(server jams like route busy in mobiles) to 'em I guess with so, many people using it so, they should increase the limit. Even, they don't provide that good speed as we expect from 256kbps but, I what more do we expect from BSNL. I am satisfied with this only. The 1st day, I got 150kbps to 300kbps download speed, I guess by mistake they had put my phone line to 3mbps socket.

I registered before 31st March but, got connection working from May1st. So, I am wondering will I get this unlimited transfer feature. If not so, then I am in road begging to pay for my bills. I have downloads gigs of stuff in 1.20months. I would even have downloaded more damn, my hard disk has no more space and I did something wrong to my cd-rw.

*forum.seo4india.com/Good_News-t1403.html

Hope there would be something like the above for everyone. Anyways, I am taking up the risk and would get a cd-writer from someone and download as much I can in 11 more days! Even the authorites in my place dunno exactly it is free or not, ridiculous but, true!

1gb limit shall be consumed if you just use internet 2-3hours daily without anything downloading due to images, flash files, etc. and etc. So, it is like tieing our legs and being asked to run. If anyone don't cross the limit they are really n00bs, and don't deserve to use internet.

I am just waiting for the time when we have ISP wars like Mobile Service Provider war going on right now!

Fingers crossed, I hope they would extend free time for few more months.
Rightly said on above posts, party time ends on 30th June!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom