BSNL Dataone Users Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Hi,

Seems another month to go after the Download limit will come into action.

I'd like to know whether download from July [1GB limit] includes only files that are being downloaded, virus defintions, softwares

or

Does it also include browsing websites, checking emails, using Yahoo msgr cam and chat or any other chat softwares with video or audio, P2P downloads,etc.

Also please give me a software which I can use to record the usage daily.

Tks

:?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
So then 1GB is nothing . I do in a week about 1GB.

BTW how do they calculate chatting, video, on the usage limit ?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
everything that goes in to your system thru the internet will be caluclated as D/L as everything is sent as a packet and hence will count to your D/L limit. Use softwares such as bandwidth meter to monitor your downloads.

shajan

Broken In
hi friends, :idea:

i am also a new bsnl broadband user,

re. the broadband limit - there's no need to use any measuring device, in any case, :cry: what u measure is not the final chargable by bsnl. as posted earlier - it includes everything in & out of ur pc.

there is a bsnl site - *10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp
you need to go there and log in with your user name & password - same that u use to connect in the first place,

click on the "Service Records" - you navigate further to view ur complete log time, in - out - kb used and so on.. BEWARE .. the site is very slow in fetching ur records, so be patient enough for the page to load even on a broadband.

copy them to a excel file and calculate what you want to..

saROMan

QA Juggler
*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp

Sorry, you cannot access portal because your explore is not Cookie-enabled.

Please set your exploreCookie-enabled, and access portal again!

This is what i get ..WTF ...i have Cookies enabled...every site works fine Except this 1..Checked with Opera and IE Both.. :(

shajan

Broken In
refresh again - Cntrl - Refresh, it will work for sure, is there any cookie blocker ? then disable for a while, until u get in.

rohanbee

Padawan
Well in my city it is going through its initial hiccups and it is always having a lot of down time, but once they come out of their initial problems i think it will be quite good.

shajan

Broken In
@ saROMan

if you are getting that cookie problem, don't worry - even i get it
all you have to do is to access the address bar and delete everything to the right of the IP address.

your address bar will then look like : *10.240.43.216
& hit the refresh button.

try & let me know - how many of you could access the above. :idea:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
shajan said:
@ saROMan

if you are getting that cookie problem, don't worry - even i get it
all you have to do is to access the address bar and delete everything to the right of the IP address.

your address bar will then look like : *10.240.43.216
& hit the refresh button.

try & let me know - how many of you could access the above. :idea:

It works now & BTW what should be taken for calculation , is it FLOW[kb] or FEE[cent]?

I had to edit this post to include this as well, i got the service record for the previous month quickly but the current month that is MAY[5] is not being processed even after 20 mins, this will not do us any good if it doesnt show the latest month so its better to use softwares. :evil:

shajan

Broken In
its the flow (kb) column to be considered.
cut & paste into excel the whole thing page by page.

the flow column will not be in correct format, so u can't add the total.
the way out is

in a new column in excel you write this formula =LEN(F9)
replace the F9 with whatever is ur column,

next column =REPLACE(F9,0+J9,1,"X")
next column =VALUE(REPLACE(K9,J9,1,""))

now that u will get a value field, u can total this column
next column u divide the kb field with 1024, then u get Mb.
then somewhere on the top you divide the Mb with 1024 to Gb.

you have the TOTAL used so far, - have fun :shock:

shajan

Broken In
re. the 20 min wait, no way, u just ensure that the status window shows some progress, lest u need to click again.
the whole thing progress till 38% and then will fetch the records,

u only have to do it once, then copy it to ur excel file, next time u need not go to that page again. just ensure that the total records in the excel matches with their record.

well, there site & all that database management is a crude one, we just live with that.
however - it is not a official site, so no complaints,
they just incorporated it from US and trying to adapt it to our climate, so the calculation is in US cents.

:) now u know why they are giving free till june. :shock:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Tks for the procedure, but have u thought how many users are gonna do this? :shock:

Alternate/Easier means is use a softie and gives u the complete picture.

:)

BTW the 38% doesnt work, it just stays still. :x

shajan

Broken In
those who like to know now - they have to take some pain to do these procedures OR

wait until BSNL provides with a stable measuring device.
it has its own teething probs.

re. softies, i prefer not to load many of them working simultaneously. there is no more space in the task bar, i am sure the same is the case with all.

another option is to note the UL/DL when u disconnect from the dialer application., but in the event of a crash - its gone.

"BTW the 38% doesnt work, it just stays still. "

after 38% it will jump directly to 100% fetching all the records.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
BSNL gonna give measuring device, never dude dont ever think about that?

Here BSNL guys are feeling the heat with customers head banging them for soln for problems, till date still pending ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom