BSNL Broadband to offer minimum Internet Speed as '2Mbps'

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So BSNL implying their current infrastructure is not enough to take the load of 10GB @ 200KBps all over the country :D too bad they did not improved over time with all of their macho macho plans with big words. Previously the same company used to provide 100GB+ @ ~200KBps - I think you know what I'm pointing at ;)

Flash

Lost in speed
I guess, this thread should be merged.
*www.digit.in/forum/broadband-dth/194790-why-only-ap-circle.html

Rockstar11

Technomancer
The following upgraded plans are applicable only in Tirupati, Kurnool, Anantpur, Warangal & Nellore service areas of AP circle
Plan NameExisting BandwidthRevised Bandwidth
BBG ULD 545upto 1 Mbps till 10 GB, 512Kbps beyondupto 2 Mbps till 10 GB, 512 Kbpsbeyond

While the following upgraded plans are only applicable in Khammam, Ongole, Karimnagar, Cuddappah, Mahboobnagar, Nizamabad, Nalagonda, Adilabad, Srikakulam & Vizianagaram service areas of AP circle
Plan NameExisting BandwidthRevised Bandwidth
BBG Combo ULD 675upto 1 Mbps till 10 GB, 512Kbps beyondupto 2 Mbps till 10 GB, 512 Kbpsbeyond
BBG Combo ULD 845upto 1 Mbps till 12 GB, 512Kbps beyondupto 2 Mbps till 12 GB, 512 Kbpsbeyond
The above plans should be implemented pan india wide by BSNL...

*www.digit.in/forum/broadband-dth/194790-why-only-ap-circle-2.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now compare BSNL's shitty plans with this ... if I were only live in Hyderabad .. sigh :

*i.imgur.com/VOEOFmH.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

many guys are reedy to pay ~1.5k for BSNL 2mbps but even if I can get A-Max 1050 or A-Max 650 I would be more than happy. I think we are pampering BSNL more than what it deserves. If BSNL is going to continue with speeds like this they should run it like all other government services at cheap price which many can afford. So If BSNL can't increase the speed then it should bring the price down. Compared to ACT and as BSNL is a govt. company after all they should reduce the tariff of every plan by 50% as a start. Never heard of anywhere govt. company charges more than private players and even after that they are making loss and getting huge compensation. Never heard it about any private player and with plans like this if ACT can make profit why not BSNL ?

About services in rural areas think it as a basic necessity like railway connectivity which is needed for the country.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Even if we all go on strike also BSNL will not change their plans.
If ACT can make profits why can't BSNL?

BSNL fellows are lethargic in implementing best broadband plans pan India...
Only if they come out of their slumber we will experience any change in plans from BSNL...
So lets wait for such time...

Flash

Lost in speed
If BSNL asked us to take the previous thread down, then they had already read our comments right? So, they should be reading this thread too and realize how they're fooling people with the FUP non-sense on non-AP region.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now compare BSNL's shitty plans with this ... if I were only live in Hyderabad .. sigh :

*i.imgur.com/VOEOFmH.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

many guys are reedy to pay ~1.5k for BSNL 2mbps but even if I can get A-Max 1050 or A-Max 650 I would be more than happy. I think we are pampering BSNL more than what it deserves. If BSNL is going to continue with speeds like this they should run it like all other government services at cheap price which many can afford. So If BSNL can't increase the speed then it should bring the price down. Compared to ACT and as BSNL is a govt. company after all they should reduce the tariff of every plan by 50% as a start. Never heard of anywhere govt. company charges more than private players and even after that they are making loss and getting huge compensation. Never heard it about any private player and with plans like this if ACT can make profit why not BSNL ?

About services in rural areas think it as a basic necessity like railway connectivity which is needed for the country.

Because ACT doesn't spend half of its earnings paying salaries & perks to all employees irrespective of their performance.
BSNL?s salary outgo rises to Rs 13,406 crore - The Hindu
The Committee on Public Undertakings noted in its report: “The staff cost was about Rs 13,406 crore in 2011-12, that is almost 50 per cent of its revenue, which is abnormally on the higher side as compared to private companies whose expenditure is stated to be in the range of 5-10 per cent.”

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Because ACT doesn't spend half of its earnings paying salaries & perks to all employees irrespective of their performance.
BSNL?s salary outgo rises to Rs 13,406 crore - The Hindu
Also the reason why most Bsnl employees are lazy. They enjoy the perks and don't face any risk for their incompetence in doing their job.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
When will we get atleast 1mbps unlimited ? Wtf... I have been waiting for that speed since 2015 start. 1000 rupees 1 mbps. Atleast I can watch streaming vids in high quality.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, there's lots of lazy unneeded employees for which we have to pay even if it makes our life worse but it makes there's better so no one is going to give a damn! Anyway, employees have no work related mentality too [ most of'em ]. Last time when my LL wire torn out I've complained. They did nothing for 5 days. After that I visited local exchange. There was ~20 linemen were sitting idle drinking tee and talking with each other and that was at 12 PM. Oh, what a great work culture! Anyway, talked with my areas lineman who was too unwilling to go out in the sun and said he will fix it. He does not need any reminder. Finally sent someone whose word would really work and they have fixed the line on that day itself.

This is worse all I can say. Getting good service is my right not an exception. So I really do hate solving an issue after contacting higher executives unless they can compensate for the time lost and the harassment one had to face. It's not like they are going to suspend their employee for an "isolated" incident. So as a customer / consumer we also deserve perks for using below par service which were promised / advertised to be good. But I know this is no wonderland! so have to live with the hard reality.

As for BSNL I've no sentiment left as I'm paying BSNL more than enough what they deserve as there's no other quality private players in my area. So BSNL is not anything more than those kind of people who takes advantage of you. But only gripe is as a govt. they should have been more public oriented instead of having too much employees.

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
True, BSNL employees wouldn't care even if you complained against them. They know Bsnl follows a strict "no f*cks given" motto and will take no action against them. This would be very different if it were a private ISP.

funskar

Padawan
Bsnl will never progress just because of there f*****g babus ..
Govt give free salary to these guys.. not the penny of work they,, just keep muttering everytime in office..
Best govt job .. no tension no work just good amount of salary n facilities..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
When will we get atleast 1mbps unlimited ? Wtf... I have been waiting for that speed since 2015 start. 1000 rupees 1 mbps. Atleast I can watch streaming vids in high quality.

The closest is ULD 1445 but it is overpriced too, IMO.

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
The only way BSNL Wired Broadband segment is going to prosper - Govt Selling it to ACT or any such corporate. They will then treat these so called lazy employees with much respect and care.

tkin

Back to school!!
The only way BSNL Wired Broadband segment is going to prosper - Govt Selling it to ACT or any such corporate. They will then treat these so called lazy employees with much respect and care.
I think you are waay overestimating ACT. The only way it will work if they remove the corrupted top brass.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
i am on bb combo uld 845 i get 1mbps till 6gb not 12gb wtf is this

- - - Updated - - -

post the damn letter mods we want to see this, personally i would visit every broadband thread and spread the word of this shitty fup limit.
just give us 2mbps unlimited for 1000 including taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom