BSNL’s ‘Pantel’ blow out ‘Aakash’

petermarker

Broken In
How to buy the BSNL T-Pad IS701R at best price in India | Phone Arena India

2 really interesting things about the Rs.3200 device :

A) HDMI + Usb port + Max.1280*720 MKV(H.264 HP) AVI RM/RMVB FLV WMV9 MP4
so that I can simply connect this to HDTV instead of my bulky laptop;
but this will be decided by whether the processor is powerful enough to decode newer format videos( HD mkv, flv, etc) smoothly enough.

B) GPRS(2G internet)
I really hope BSNL GPRS has same 30 KB/ps quality especially at the the place where one intends to use it OR that it supports other SIM cards.
Quite happy with the plan though: Rs.250/3months/7.5 GB instead of the usual Rs.300
I don't think support for making calls is that important, at least to me.

I hope someone would post a hands on review soon. Would really appreciate confirmation on the above 2 points.

BTW the pantel.in site seems to have crashed as i cant get in for the last 1 hour.

I booked the basic penta tab(Rs.3500) just now and had a doubt though.
The specifications for the Rs.10000 penta tab list an AC-DC jack whereas its not present in the Rs.3500 tab although the battery listed is same in both.

Does that mean it comes with a rechargeable battery that needs to be removed from the tab and then charged in a separate charger(like in most digital cameras)?

If so that could be really inconvenient especially if the battery lasts less than 3 hours.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
first need to check for reviews... does it support android market... and BSNL website does tell anything about it...

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Well guys what we can expect more in this price. It is good. Soon the market will be bloated with hundreds of cheap tablets. Could then we expect a price cut in big brand tablets especial the ipad? :twisted:

sukant

Fragholic
Well there are so much enuf cheap phones in the market with awesome performance have you seen a price drop in iphone , here lies the answer to your question ;)

a stranger

Broken In
hay its only for 3 months download free....

here we cant make calls...

our existing number cannot be used

any hope to switch operator ??

but all is possible in Aakash 2

vineeth12345

Broken In
first need to check for reviews... does it support android market... and BSNL website does tell anything about it...

Regarding the android market,they say this in the specifications-"Download and Install Google Andriod apps"..I assume they meant android market by this.

pinku1993

Lagger ~ ..
Well there are so much enuf cheap phones in the market with awesome performance have you seen a price drop in iphone , here lies the answer to your question ;)

Yeah iPhone 3GS.. its available for around 18k.. :p .. Huge Price Drop .. now u can't ask for more from apple.. 3GS at 18k is really good deal .. :D

Top Bottom