Which is Quicker and More secure for a non-techie user?

• IE 9

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Chrome 10

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Firefox 4

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Opera 11

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuron

Electronic.
IE 9 is clearly better than its predecessors.But in the add-ons page the load time of some of them are shown to be above 1s.So installing addons is going to slow down the browser significantly.And i saw something like this in the IE9 home page.:lol:

J

Joker

Firefox is a very good browser.... but it has memory leak problems....I think chrome is very fast.
if there is any browser which has memory leak problem then it is chrome. firefox has the least memory consumption. :|

abhidev

Human Spambot
if there is any browser which has memory leak problem then it is chrome. firefox has the least memory consumption. :|

memory leaks in FF are mainly caused by add-ons,themes and plugins...moreover FF is built in such way that it caches objects for future use(which is a good thing) but due to this constant allocation and deallocation of memory....memory leaks increase.

Also in chrome...each tab is treated as a seperate process...which is good from a security point of view....as if one of your tab gets infected by some malicious activity...it won't spread over to other tabs....

So all in all....FF is great coz it has many useful addons and tools...whereas Chrome is better coz its cleaner, lighter and fast.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
memory leaks in FF are mainly caused by add-ons,themes and plugins...moreover FF is built in such way that it caches objects for future use(which is a good thing) but due to this constant allocation and deallocation of memory....memory leaks increase.

Also in chrome...each tab is treated as a seperate process...which is good from a security point of view....as if one of your tab gets infected by some malicious activity...it won't spread over to other tabs....

So all in all....FF is great coz it has many useful addons and tools...whereas Chrome is better coz its cleaner, lighter and fast.

I agree +1

Piyush

Lanaya
@abhidev
believe it or not...opera has got both things which u mentioned
used all browsers so far(even safari)
i would align them in this order(all round performance)

OPERA->FF->Chrome->->Safari->IE8
(i hate IE generation)

abhidev

Human Spambot
@abhidev
believe it or not...opera has got both things which u mentioned
used all browsers so far(even safari)
i would align them in this order(all round performance)

OPERA->FF->Chrome->->Safari->IE8
(i hate IE generation)

I don't know much about opera...but i know one thing...it is one of the fastest....:smile:

Neuron

Electronic.
The 'paste and go' feature in opera is very handy.Its one of the first few things I miss when using another browser.

pauldmps

Banned
The 'paste and go' feature in opera is very handy.Its one of the first few things I miss when using another browser.

The "paste & go" is also available on Chrome. And it is really a pain to press Enter after pasting the URL in FF & even in IE9.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Me: Which browser you use?
Friend: Internet Explorer! (for like my whole damn life!, of about 4 yrs) :cool:
Me: Ahh.. it's The worst browser, and too much security loopholes, and its featureless!
Friend: So what do you use, that you are so proud of?
Me: *with a shine in my eyes* I use Firefox, and currently Google Chrome! :wub: btw, which version of IE do you use?
Friend: Version? Umm... the one which had came with XP! :!:
Me: :shock: Come on dude.. its time to switch to the latest! Like Chrome, its fast!
You know btw, that IE's latest version has been launched. Its IE 9!
Friend: Oh oh!.. I am gonna install it right away.. :-D

Few hrs later, my phone rings...

Friend: You know, what? IE Sucks! Doesn't install. :x
Me: Umm.. I kinda forgot to tell, that IE 9, works only in Vista or Win 7! Which I have :oops:
Friend: YOU SUCK! :punch:

Chrome doesn't comes preinstalled in Xp until its pirated. or modded. so i guess your friend is running pirated XP. so anyway it won't allow to install IE8 or 9 as it'll fail genuine validity check.

The "paste & go" is also available on Chrome. And it is really a pain to press Enter after pasting the URL in FF & even in IE9.

yes. Paste & Go is one of the most important & handy tool i can find in Chrome & Opera (only 2 browser i use).

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Chrome doesn't comes preinstalled in Xp until its pirated. or modded. so i guess your friend is running pirated XP. so anyway it won't allow to install IE8 or 9 as it'll fail genuine validity check.

He was talkin abt his IE not Chrome! And as far as I know, XP does comes pre-installed. I think, IE 6.

haha...time to read that conversation again.. :p
wait, I can save you the trouble... :grin:

Me: Which browser you use?
Friend: Internet Explorer! (for like my whole damn life!, of about 4 yrs) :cool:
Me: Ahh.. it's The worst browser, and too much security loopholes, and its featureless!
Friend: So what do you use, that you are so proud of?
Me: *with a shine in my eyes* I use Firefox, and currently Google Chrome! :wub: btw, which version of IE do you use?
Friend: Version? Umm... the one which had came with XP! :!:
Me: :shock: Come on dude.. its time to switch to the latest! Like Chrome, its fast!

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
My vote goes to FF and Chrome, but Chrome a little more ahead because of startup speeds. FF loaded with extensions does take a lot of time.
As for the memory usage, both FF and Chrome are memory hoggers...
Overall, I feel Chrome to be quite speedy for NON-TECHIE users, not geeks!
FF for geeks!!!

yes. Paste & Go is one of the most important & handy tool i can find in Chrome & Opera (only 2 browser i use).

Paste & Go is available in FF RC1 too!!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Can't use IE9 due to ATI 100% load bug(I SO DAMN HATE ATI), FF4 is usable but without acceleration, I'm sticking to opera.

PS: Isn't this 2d accel just a gimmick?? Most processors have enough power to render web pages(ye old atom included), flash accel is already there, then why would we need this??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't need Flash for <canvas>. Just like you shouldn't need Flash for video.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Got the official update of FF 4.0, everything is awesome. Start up time dramatically improved. Get up is beautiful and Cool. Only one problem I've found, the Norton Toolbar I used to use is Disabled with this new version, now I have to type the Username and Pass all the time :(, so boring.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes Opera is the best browser. I have been using it from 2006 and it saves me a lot of bandwidth.

Can you guys post the browser benchmark results here ?

Peacekeeper - The Browser Benchmark from Futuremark Corporation

tkin

Back to school!!
OMG:
*files.sharenator.com/Thread_Crap_Wont_Die_mega_zombie_forum-s300x371-97014-580.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom