Which is Quicker and More secure for a non-techie user?

• IE 9

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Chrome 10

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Firefox 4

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Opera 11

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Did you mean, "alpha" instead of "beta"? Because AFAIK, there is no Firefox 7 beta released as of now. Neither I could find it here, and nor my Aurora got updated to beta. Its Firefox 7 alpha 1 as of now.

On browser benchmarks:
I have said it before as well. I just wonder when people starts talking about page load difference in milliseconds / microseconds. Do you really notice that difference? Do you? Really? :S

+1. But i can notice sluggishness of IE9 and FF when multiple sites are loading and i switch between tabs at that time. FF is still OK, but IE9 is pure crap.

Firefox is making browser war a mess now..dunno why they opted to release a new version every 6 weeks. Can someone provide the link of FF Aurora 6.0a2 ? Is it stable ?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Firefox is making browser war a mess now..dunno why they opted to release a new version every 6 weeks. Can someone provide the link of FF Aurora 6.0a2 ? Is it stable ?

1) Link:-

*ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fi...urora/firefox-6.0a2.en-US.win32.installer.exe

2) Even Chrome/Chromium is being developed like that only. One stable, one beta, one alpha. Nothing wrong with that. In firefox's case, you only loose some extensions.

3) In my PC, it is rock solid. Although yet to spot any difference with v4 and v5, except that extension incompatibility.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^Ok.. Now maybe THAT is the actual reason, why I left Opera, despite it being the coolest browser, for Chromium.

1) Link:-

*ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fi...urora/firefox-6.0a2.en-US.win32.installer.exe

2) Even Chrome/Chromium is being developed like that only. One stable, one beta, one alpha. Nothing wrong with that. In firefox's case, you only loose some extensions.

3) In my PC, it is rock solid. Although yet to spot any difference with v4 and v5, except that extension incompatibility.

Thx..will give it a try today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom