Browser War - Take your pick

IMO, the best Browser is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
But buttons I WANT are not there.
I need buttons to access several features for which I would otherwise need to go through lots of menus. Thats why I used to love Firefox. Lots of easy to access features.

WTF ? Why the FU[K would I want to do lots to get something small done ?
Either you are really delusioned about geeks, or you are just mad.
Geeks are like to get MORE CONTROL and get work done FASTER.

And anyway, WebKit, KHTML and Opera lack several of Gecko's features.
That makes me ditch all non gecko browsers already from usable list.

The only browser left now for me to use I guess is Skipstone.
It uses WebKit and Gecko Engine. Both can be used.
And its damn light.
But I never got an opportunity to test it.
Now I CAN'T test it as I want as less GTK apps as possible.
Ah well, I’ve just started tuning out of a conversation the moment someone mentions “more features” anyway.

So yeah, carry on—Safari is a pain to use, what with the illogical single button for stop/reload and the stupid space-saving page loading animation. Who wants all that simplicity anyway, as long as we can have a truckload of features! It’s not like you need a browser just for browsing through the web anyway. If it cannot do your laundry and fire a hole halfway across Argentina, it’s clearly not worth anyone’s time.

Carry on…

Ah well, I’ve just started tuning out of a conversation the moment someone mentions “more features” anyway.

So yeah, carry on—Safari is a pain to use, what with the illogical single button for stop/reload and the stupid space-saving page loading animation. Who wants all that simplicity anyway, as long as we can have a truckload of features! It’s not like you need a browser just for browsing through the web anyway. If it cannot do your laundry and fire a hole halfway across Argentina, it’s clearly not worth anyone’s time.

Carry on…
Ofcourse single button for reload and stop is illogical for the things I do with the browser.
And I think the page loading animation on the address bar looks ugly.
Safari has NO download manager with multiple paralell threads of a single file and MD5 checking.
Safari has no Adblock extention.
Safari has no Flashblock extention.
Safari has no Video Downloader extention.
Safari looks ugly.

Want more ?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Firefox FTW.
Its got cool adblock and many many plugins all for FREE. Unlike IE, well you know.
Also the Bookmark toolbar without which i can't manage.

Opera 9.5. Awesome. Always.
Hell no. Didn't you see my list of opera shortcommings ?
You can't even move items on the personal bar by dragging.
GMail takes insanely long time to load.
No WYSIWYG editing for posting replies in vBulletin forum.
It seriously sucks.

The only reason I use it is because Konqueror sucks more.(same old story of safari - tooo minimalistic, lacking many features)

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
Things I hate about Opera:

1. I can't re-arrange my toolbars.
2. I can't pull a bookmark down in the bookmarks manager.
3. I can't resize the toolbars and make them smaller.
4. Pressing Down button in a text box does not take you to end of the text.
5. No support for WYSIWG editing in Blogger and vBulletin.
6. Not at all as fast as it claims to be.

But unfortunately, its the ONLY browser I can use. Konqueror is not right enough and Firefox 3 is too buggy. So Opera is the only KDE browser left.

i don't really care bout your "opera shortcomings" but consider yourself lucky having not met a person like me in real, i bet ya, you'd think twice before bashing opera while using it yourself ever again ;)

sakumar79

Technomancer
@Gautam, to rearrange Bookmarks, under Manage Bookmarks, select View Option and set it to Sort By My Order... Then you can rearrange them...

To resize toolbars, you can 1) choose a different skin which is of smaller size or 2) not sure if you can do this, but you should be able to edit the skin ini files to resize them...

In a text box, press End to move to end of Line, and Ctrl+End to move to end of text... I think you can edit the keyboard shortcuts for this too...

Its quite fast for me in Windows and on Ubuntu Gnome, havent tried on KDE; plus "fast" is a term which depends on each persons perception, so I cant help you there...

Rest I dont know...

Arun

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Things I hate about Opera:

1. I can't re-arrange my toolbars.
2. I can't pull a bookmark down in the bookmarks manager.
3. I can't resize the toolbars and make them smaller.
4. Pressing Down button in a text box does not take you to end of the text.
5. No support for WYSIWG editing in Blogger and vBulletin.
6. Not at all as fast as it claims to be.

But unfortunately, its the ONLY browser I can use. Konqueror is not right enough and Firefox 3 is too buggy. So Opera is the only KDE browser left.

dude if u want a FF based broswer get 'Flock'
u shall love it :|
*flock.com/

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Best is the superlative degree. Your poll allows us to choose multiple options. How is that? :)

That said, Opera 95% and FF 5% of the time, since some websites are buggy with opera(their fault, not opera's)

Pathik

Google Bot
Flock just seemed to be a FF ripoff. Just that it had better blogging support.

Who

Guess Who's Back
^ People like you who don't how to use Opera think FF is the best , LOL don't say FF & Safari are better just because you don't how to use some good features of Opera, Opera is the best & the fastest browser right now & it has everything in built unlike FF which needs extentions & addons , so krazzy i suggest you to learn how to use Opera instead of making such statements.

^ People like you who don't how to use Opera think FF is the best , LOL don't say FF & Safari are better just because you don't how to use some good features of Opera, Opera is the best & the fastest browser right now & it has everything in built unlike FF which needs extentions & addons , so krazzy i suggest you to learn how to use Opera instead of making such statements.
I use opera (even right now) and I MUST agree that its not at all as feature rich as Firefox and has tonnes of issues.

The most obvious problem is that Opera can't even use the WYSIWG mode in vBulletin posting.

As for the word "fastest", its a big fat LIE. Firefox and Opera are of the same speed, and only Konqueror with its ultra light weight KHTML Engine beats them. Infact, once the cache is emptied, Opera takes significantly more time to load pages than firefox.

Opera also lacks lots of customisability and usability options. For instance, I can't move the toolbars and buttons around to suit my needs.

The only reason I am stuck with using opera is because firefox has raised its system requirements to match that of windows pissta.:mad: And safari/konqueror are too minimal. SkipStone and Khazkhese are the only browsers I think will work but I am too lazy to try them now.

praka123

left this forum longback
@gowtham: use Epiphany browser!it suits everything! :p and gecko/webkit backends available too!

Pathik

Google Bot
^ Actually when nothing seems to work, I think you should realize its time to upgrade.
And the fact remains that Opera IS the FASTEST browser on Earth. FF3 is good too, but a memory hog.

@gowtham: use Epiphany browser!it suits everything! :p and gecko/webkit backends available too!
Epiphany sucks!
It crashes whenever multiple tabs are open without any reason.
^ Actually when nothing seems to work, I think you should realize its time to upgrade.
And the fact remains that Opera IS the FASTEST browser on Earth. FF3 is good too, but a memory hog.
Opera IS NOT THE FASTEST BROWSER ON EARTH AND I HAVE CONFIRMED THAT
Upgrade ? Why The F should I upgrade ? Everything was working fine till recently.

The main problem is that every engine ecept Gecko has shortcommings and can't do X, Y and Z. So only Gecko browsers are there for me. But NO gecko browser has QT support. And their king, FF3, is a memory hog, but still such an excellent browser.

I think I need to try out SeaMonkey now.:x

Status
Not open for further replies.