Browser War - Take your pick

IMO, the best Browser is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^ Actually when nothing seems to work, I think you should realize its time to upgrade.
yup.

maybe plug-ins make ff3 take up the resource.

but in opera 9.5, when the cache is cleared, it takes some time (a LOT more than v9.27) to load a page.
btw, v9.5 re-loads the speed dial (images) everytime cache is cleared.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^ People like you who don't how to use Opera think FF is the best ,

Firefox is better . Using Opera, I am unable to login in any google service(Gmail,Orkut, google docs.....).It just redirects me to the login page. Yahoo mail new version doesn't work either.Secure sites take too long to open. Plus a lot of other issues. Tried not only on windows but linux as well but same results

Who

Guess Who's Back
gmail & yahoo works perfectly with me so its a problem with your PC not opera, guys Opera is the fastest browser out there , i have tested it myself with some ad blocking scripts on the net + opera , it's the fastest browser out there , you guys who have a hard time don't how to use some of the advance opera features , like for e.g. most of guys i encounter don't how to use Ad blocking scripts in Opera :D so learn

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Firefox is better . Using Opera, I am unable to login in any google service(Gmail,Orkut, google docs.....).It just redirects me to the login page. Yahoo mail new version doesn't work either.Secure sites take too long to open. Plus a lot of other issues. Tried not only on windows but linux as well but same results
i check my 'g'-mail & yahoo in opera. no such issues.

try this & see
*img502.imageshack.us/img502/42/oprvl6.th.jpg

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Smit, Tell what could be the problem if you consider you know all the features of Opera. Better said than done. Gmail works when I log in for the very first time after installing opera, but not after that.

Who

Guess Who's Back
Smit, Tell what could be the problem if you consider you know all the features of Opera. Better said than done. Gmail works when I log in for the very first time after installing opera, but not after that.

come online to yahoo, i might be able to slove your problem , here is the proof that gmail works.

*img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=95369314ko0.jpg

Who

Guess Who's Back
asnvin @ here is the proof the new yahoo mail works ,

*img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20327273gr9.jpg

so you see the problem is with your guys rigs not opera, it's fastest browser out there & i have been using it since Opera 7.0 (or something)

edit : i think asnvin , s18000rpm has already given the sloution.

Edit 2 : dosn't hang

Last edited:
then you should add a little tag - ":p
as far as I am concerned, for all practical perposes, both mean the same to me :p

And why didn't you answer my other questions ?

01. Where is the WYSIWYG editor in a vBulletin forum ?

02. Where is ability to drag bookmarks around in the bookmark toolbar ?

03. Where is ability to customize toolbars ?

04. Where is pause/resume and accelerator in download manager ?

05. Where is ability to thin toolbars which are now fat and space hogs ?

06. Where is option to rename speed dial sites to something else ?

07. Where is the a close button on tab when page is loading and its the only tab ?

08. Where is ability to select another search engine from speed dial search ?

09. Where is ability to rearrange the list of search engines ?

10. Where is the ability to view cache contents ?

11. Where is the ablity to open GMail in "normal" time ?

12. Where is google toolbar for Opera ?

13. Where is flashblocker ?

I should mention that all these are there in Firefox. And as for opera, its designed using the QT4 toolkit, which is much much more advanced and easier to program with than the GTK2+ which firefox uses. So it should have had MORE, not LESS.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
No. I posted this question on this forum long time ago but still wasn't able to get the solution. Have you tried right clicking in ymail. It first shows its own right click menu and that of ymail is covered behind it.

Who

Guess Who's Back
and should I add that when I edit my post, and go to another link, then press back button and click save changes, opera hangs like sh!t.

it doesn't happen with me , sorry as i said its you rig i guess its maybe your linux is not supported or whatever it is , yahoo mail & gmail works nicely & i never encounter hanging problem like you guys mention , there were some problem is Opera 9.5 beat but not with the final version i never encounterd anything & with Opera 10 i think opera will way ahead from other browsers

Pathik

Google Bot
WTF. Dude, if you keep hoping that everything should work in an almost dead rig then Good luck.
As for your queries in Red, i will post some solutions wen i get my pc. 80% of what you said is already there.
1. Vb's fault
4. Wtf. Have you ever used opera?
10.opera:cache
6. Dude, do you have speed dial in your beloved FF.?
More later.

Who

Guess Who's Back
ok here is the proof that right clicking yahoo menu works in Opera ,
*img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67730927vz2.jpg

if you come to yahoo messanger i might be able to help you but as for me i never encounterd anything like you guys said

ray|raven

Think Zen.
And why didn't you answer my other questions ?

01. Where is the WYSIWYG editor in a vBulletin forum ?

02. Where is ability to drag bookmarks around in the bookmark toolbar ?

03. Where is ability to customize toolbars ?

04. Where is pause/resume and accelerator in download manager ?

05. Where is ability to thin toolbars which are now fat and space hogs ?

06. Where is option to rename speed dial sites to something else ?

07. Where is the a close button on tab when page is loading and its the only tab ?

08. Where is ability to select another search engine from speed dial search ?

09. Where is ability to rearrange the list of search engines ?

10. Where is the ability to view cache contents ?

11. Where is the ablity to open GMail in "normal" time ?

12. Where is google toolbar for Opera ?

13. Where is flashblocker ?

1. I see the WYSIWYG editor clearly in the digit forums. Perhaps you should check again.

2. The ability is clearly there, just click-n-hold a bookmark on the personal bar and drag it around to position it.

3. Did you try right-clicking an empty space on a toolbar and clicking Customize in the menu that pops-up?

4. Pause is denoted by Stop in Opera. Clicking Stop gives you an option to resume the download later, if the download is supported.

5. *operawiki.info/AdvancedToolbarINIGuide

6. You can change the title in the speeddial.ini file in your opera profile folder.Did you know you can also go beyond 9 speed dials?

7. Goto Tools>Preferences>Advanced>Tabs>Advanced Tab Options , and check allow window with no tabs. Then you'll have a close button even if a single tab is present.

8. Goto Tools>Preferences>Search , select any search engine you want , edit it and in the edit window , click more details and select use as speed dial search engine.

9. I honestly know no way of doing this , nor any reason for it either.

10. Goto opera:cache

11. I have no idea what you mean by "normal time"

12. Ask Google.

13. *my.opera.com/Lex1/blog/show.dml/1032648

Only reason i went through answering all those questions which could've been answered by a simple google search is just to tell you , that it possible in opera , and next time you think something isnt, try Google first or maybe *operawiki.info/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom