Borderlands 2 GOTY MP and Co-Op Discussion

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Melee Skill? There's only one way to melee attack [by pressing V]? Or can i get swords and replace them in guns inventory slots? [That Cool sword which was showed in the starting trailer of the game.. i want that :(]

his melee weapon is the sword and the way Zer0 backstabs the Hyperion engineer is with the execute skill.

I think he means "Melee Skill tree".It it the rightmost tree in your skill menu
It gives you lifesteal and a melee override later on

Cunning and Bloodshed tree both increases his melee damage.

Got my copy within 14 hours of ordering :D
BTW, do we need to have played single player 1st or we can directly start off with co-op
I did read somewhere that starting with co-op u will miss all the cut scenes and therefore u will not grasp the humor in the game :S

try to complete the game at least once on SP. you'll learn a lot. it is not a game where one technique works for all enemies.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Got the game. I have a question. If I redeem or activate it on steam,is there any way to install the game from the discs? :\ Don't really want to download the whole game from steam all over again -_-

Bhargav

In the zone
Got the game. I have a question. If I redeem or activate it on steam,is there any way to install the game from the discs? :\ Don't really want to download the whole game from steam all over again -_-

Click Here

if u still have a problem feel free to add on steam

Piyush

Lanaya

I did it today evening. Follow these simple steps.

1. Open the game box, check the CD key.
2. Open steam and library, then "add games to library"
3. Enter the CD key.
4. After successful registration, installation process will be initiated. Cancel it. Close the current window but not the steam client itself.
5. Insert Disc 1. Install. It will ask by default to install in steam directory, proceed.
6. 15-20 mins installation .
7. Play the game via client.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REGARDING GOLDEN CHESTS KEYS

The keys are limited in game (only 1-2 in the beginning) and cannot be harvested like items. The only way to get these is to wait for official giveaways by 2K team itself. I'll share the keys from now on in this thread only.

5JWJB-RHW6R-KJSJT-JTJTB-CWZJT

To redeem them:

> Open borderlands.
> Extras
> Shift Codes
> Sign up / Sign in
> Copy paste the code

You will receive the message for the same and it will be added to your already 2 keys. This above key will give you 3 more.
Please note: Since the keys are limited, use it only when you are in dire need of weapons/armor/mods. The best use of the keys is during the end of the game. OR, some people use 1 key after every 2 levels (once they cross lvl 25) or so I heard.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Thanks piyush :) Installed :D

BTW there are a lot of packs inside the DLC which show purchased on the bottom left but are not installed. Do we have to download all of those separately? :\ There are quite a lot of them. And "Ultimate vault hunter upgrade pack" is not even showing purchased.

Sorry I am a borderland noob -_-

And please add me :|

SteamId:- multisapman

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
REGARDING GOLDEN CHESTS KEYS

The keys are limited in game (only 1-2 in the beginning) and cannot be harvested like items. The only way to get these is to wait for official giveaways by 2K team itself. I'll share the keys from now on in this thread only.

5JWJB-RHW6R-KJSJT-JTJTB-CWZJT

To redeem them:

> Open borderlands.
> Extras
> Shift Codes
> Sign up / Sign in
> Copy paste the code

You will receive the message for the same and it will be added to your already 2 keys. This above key will give you 3 more.
Please note: Since the keys are limited, use it only when you are in dire need of weapons/armor/mods. The best use of the keys is during the end of the game. OR, some people use 1 key after every 2 levels (once they cross lvl 25) or so I heard.

Shift codes are constantly given out in Gearbox forum. simply like their FB page and you'll have shift codes. the golden chest only contains E-tech or purple items. one can get 11 purple items by killing 11 God-liaths.

BTW there are a lot of packs inside the DLC which show purchased on the bottom left but are not installed. Do we have to download all of those separately? :\ There are quite a lot of them. And "Ultimate vault hunter upgrade pack" is not even showing purchased.

Sorry I am a borderland noob -_-

And please add me :|

SteamId:- multisapman

the 2 playable class DLC are there in the character selection screen.
4 story DLC are accessibly by fast travel but don't try them before you finish the base game. enemies will be lv 30/35 and kill you in a single shot.
Nature Selection Annex (also called Creature slaughter dome) is in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve (location) accessible later during the story.
ultimate vault hunter pack will be unlocked once you complete true vault hunter mode (i.e. complete the game 2 times using a class)

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
@sam you seem to know a lot about this game...so can you please tell where i read about all this stuff like purple items and the God-liaths?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Phew! Completed my first 2 hour session :D Loved it.
Started using zero. Having a little difficulty with enemies when they come closer. :\
Defeated Boom Bewm boss(?). Reached level 5.

Can you people please add me? -_- I have no friends(3-4) on steam :\
Need partners to play with.

Id:- MultiSapman

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam you seem to know a lot about this game...so can you please tell where i read about all this stuff like purple items and the God-liaths?

Borderlands 2 Wiki.

Rank
Goliath. knock his helmet off an he'll go on a rampage smashing everybody (including his friends) to death while levels up. after killing ~10 enemies he becomes God-liath and will almost always drop some rare (purple) loot. Goliath has the funniest dialogue in the entire game.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Phew! Completed my first 2 hour session :D Loved it.
Started using zero. Having a little difficulty with enemies when they come closer. :\
Defeated Boom Bewm boss(?). Reached level 5.

Can you people please add me? -_- I have no friends(3-4) on steam :\
Need partners to play with.

Id:- MultiSapman

Don't worry. Added you :) [My id - ACidBaseD]
Even i started using Zero and for close range i find melee and shotguns very very effective :)

Piyush

Lanaya
Shift codes are constantly given out in Gearbox forum. simply like their FB page and you'll have shift codes. the golden chest only contains E-tech or purple items. one can get 11 purple items by killing 11 God-liaths.

Ya thats true. Actually I harvested more purple via god-liaths than the golden chests itself. The only reason I went for godliath was coz killing them was way more fun. But this time I thought why not try golden chests too, since we dont have to find somewhat same leveled goliaths to harvest items from the.
Still, I'll be hunting goliaths as well. Double fun ;)
---------------------------------------------------------
So many people opting Zero :D
I'l be trying Maya or Kreig this evening when I start my campaign with Ghouse and 2 more.

Who are ready to start new game considering the fact that Zero and Kreig will already be chosen.

PS: Dont wanna play with 2 players with same hero please. Its boring that way.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ya thats true. Actually I harvested more purple via god-liaths than the golden chests itself. The only reason I went for godliath was coz killing them was way more fun. But this time I thought why not try golden chests too, since we dont have to find somewhat same leveled goliaths to harvest items from the.

took out 50+ Gold-liath yesterday without killing a single one :D was playing with Zer0

Bhargav

In the zone
---------------------------------------------------------
So many people opting Zero :D
I'l be trying Maya or Kreig this evening when I start my campaign with Ghouse and 2 more.

Who are ready to start new game considering the fact that Zero and Kreig will already be chosen.

PS: Dont wanna play with 2 players with same hero please. Its boring that way.

Dude i have taken maya u better start with kreig :D
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Yo Sam u better put some light on borderlands2loothunt Daily quests
Like todays target is GRENDEL so reach hayter's folly whic travel point to take etc.....

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
took out 50+ Gold-liath yesterday without killing a single one :D was playing with Zer0
Whoa... how much time spent in taking out those 50? And where were you killing them lol?
Dude i have taken maya u better start with kreig :D
Aight, but you better be ready to start with lvl 1, as me and ghouse will also be starting from1 lvl too.

Need one more guy who can start with us a new game (heroes already taken : Zero, Maya and Kreig)

rapusa

Journeyman
Aight, but you better be ready to start with lvl 1, as me and ghouse will also be starting from1 lvl too.

Need one more guy who can start with us a new game (heroes already taken : Zero, Maya and Kreig)
Can wait for me ?
Just need my rig to be assembled and install game on it asap :-D

Bhargav

In the zone
Whoa... how much time spent in taking out those 50? And where were you killing them lol?

Anytime :)

Can wait for me ?
Just need my rig to be assembled and install game on it asap :-D

Sent u friend request mate

Top Bottom