Boosting Airtel GRPS speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
@sudhakar35in
"NOTE : DON'T FALSELY CURSE 'BLUETOOTH' TECHNOLOGY OK?. SPEED OF BLUETOOTH IS ONLY MORE THAN ITS OLDER VERSIONS LIKE IrDA. Infrared, cable, etc. IF YOU USE DUPLICATE BLUETOOTH DEVICES, YOU WILL GET ONLY WORST SPEEDS. CAN'T YOU GUYS BUY ORIGINAL DEVICES WITH WARRANTY?. HEY HEY STOP. IT IS NOT TOO COOOOSSSTTTTTLY FOR MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE. OK?."

Hello sir, may u plz explain me the relevance of ur aforesaid (quoted) seeing that m using a Dell laptop with built in bluetooth with a widcomm driver and the speeds i get with diffrent devices are in the post above you!
Lets also undestand ur understanding of BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY

BTW what r u gonna do with 100percent network utilization, clog the prospects of utilizing further bandwidth if been provided ?????????

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
See if u have EDGE enabled tower in ur area or ur in a range of such BTS then definitely u r going to get a speed of abt 15KBps if u use a data cable as u can see in my case i use a EDGE enabled N 70 in Delhi n quite often get these speeds n even grtr in night time though i dont ever remember crossing 20s

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Ashu & Gary.....
6020 has only class 6 EDGE same as my 3220, and it supports max 177.6 Kbps(not KBps) theoritically, you can get 9-12 KBps max in night, in day 7-9KBps....personal experience....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
too slow as compared to my dataone@512kbps:(
but still do i great job when i am on move with my lappy:p

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Customer care says speed is considerably more when one uses Data cable instead of Bluetooth! I still dont understand the logic behind this. Bluetooth data exchange rate with laptop is good enough..considering just a speed of 5KBps of internet.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
@ Kiran n Sariq : Yes u r right abt CC bluffing, bt abt bltth n data cbl, its something to be experienced as u might see in my posts above
With the same N 70 i gt about 9KBps with bltth while with DC i get 14-15, so its clear that u really get grtr speed with DC

As with bltth u might have seen, the max operation speed of a nokia bltth is abt 23 with 16-18 as avg during data transfer to phone while with DC its quite high so the speed of internet also varies as bltth gives less efficiency coz its near to its saturation limit while the DC has a limit much higher so it transfers almost all that is available of bandwidth.
Its the most appropriate logic i concluded with. Whatsay ?

Dipen01

Youngling
all said...but i need to say....speeds are very inconsistent..!!

one min ur gettin 18kbps..and another min u see..its like 2-3kbps...

i guess it depends on overall load in the region..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
guys pls test ur speed & post it here. also tell the time

nokia 6020 & CA-42 dc
*www.speedtest.net/result/50902848.png

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
GUYS IN NO WAY U COULD SPEED UP UR SPEED....

coz mobiles have limited speed only..

best u could get is by(in sony ericsson)...

use data cable.....
try to get a new sim card....as if calls comes...ur speed is believed to drop down....anyway the call is rare to come when u r connected to net...as the callers will get the message"subscriber is out of reach"
so buy a new no and dont tell the no to anyone....
gsm is limited to specific speed only...

U CANT GET A BROADBAND SPEED HERE....BUT U COULD GET A DECENT SPEED HIGHER THAN THE PRESENT.....(worst i would say)DIALUP(bsnl)

happy surfing...

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
@ Kiran n Sariq : Yes u r right abt CC bluffing, bt abt bltth n data cbl, its something to be experienced as u might see in my posts above
BullC**P
I am getting sick and tired of ppl with no knowledge whatsoever making authoritative comments...

The Customer Care people are right, Bluetooth implementations upto version 1.2 were, for the most part, limited to 115.2 kbps, in practice upto 80 to 90 kbps... (with version 2.0 you can bet upto 3 mbps) USB data cables do not have this limtation... with EDGE class 10, you can get up to 190 kbps dl, with bluetooth upto v 1.2 ( v 2.0 is supported only by the newest of adapters and mobile phones) you would be wasting nearly half your download capability, the customer care people were perfectly right when they said that data cables would give you better speeds

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
how do u access gprs? via mobile office or airtel live? and where do u stay?
if u r in west and north part of india than use airtel live to download stuff from net u will get much better speed

K

krazyfrog

I have an airtel connection. I get a download speed of 4-5 kbps on my N-Gage QD with mobile office. I'm planning to get a N6681 this month. Since it has EDGE, what kind of download speed will i get? Also how will i know that EDGE has been activated on my cell (any indication on screen, etc.). What kind of speed will i get after connecting it to a pc (using data cable) and using as a modem on EDGE.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
@Krazy: Well i havent seen any indication of edge on my N 70 bt the whn the speed becomes commendable i assume that i'm in EDGE enabled area. U can get a speed upto 15KBps easily with EDGE enabled towers on an N 70 so i thnk u wl gt the same on ur 6681 too

teknoPhobia said:
BullC**P
I am getting sick and tired of ppl with no knowledge whatsoever making authoritative comments...

The Customer Care people are right, Bluetooth implementations upto version 1.2 were, for the most part, limited to 115.2 kbps, in practice upto 80 to 90 kbps... (with version 2.0 you can bet upto 3 mbps) USB data cables do not have this limtation... with EDGE class 10, you can get up to 190 kbps dl, with bluetooth upto v 1.2 ( v 2.0 is supported only by the newest of adapters and mobile phones) you would be wasting nearly half your download capability, the customer care people were perfectly right when they said that data cables would give you better speeds

And when the F**K did i say that bltth gives btr speed speed than data cable ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom