Boosting Airtel GRPS speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Do anybody have wireless internet like Tata Indicom or Reliance Rconnet? What download speed are you getting?

aritrap

Mobile Addict
Can you tell me if there is an unlimited data download offer of Hutch. Also mention how much does it cost.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
azzu said:
IR should increase speed (i think)but y u guys pay for it.Usin APNAZ trick its free .......iam browsin through that

I get around 9 - 12 kBps using Nokia 6681 and DKU-2 Cable while Blue tooth it reaches in the range of 7-9 kBps while downloading any file in opera. These download speeds are consistent after some initial period when the downloading speed shows upto 30 kBps.
btw
What is APNAZ trick ?

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
I always get 16-26 kB/ps on AirTel EGPRS/EDGE (on Airtel MobileOffice) with my Nokia 6233... subscribed for the monthly pack.

Dipen01

Youngling
ShekharPalash said:
I always get 16-26 kB/ps on AirTel EGPRS/EDGE (on Airtel MobileOffice) with my Nokia 6233... subscribed for the monthly pack.

Dude do u use tradition Windows Dialup Connection or the one provided by Nokia software..

and does it matter..if u use any of those..coz am using SE W810i and i hav the software bt i use traditional one..

Which one do u use..!!

Josan

Gangsta
i m using 6681 and 6230i bt both limit to max 4 to 6kb with bluetooth ,can i get more speed

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
@Josan, I have 6681 and i have experienced that cable (DKU-2) give better performance than Blue tooth. You can try using cable.

BTW Nokia 6681 also has Class 10 EDGE, see here

And no one has explained till now, what is APNAZ trick

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Dipen01 said:
Dude do u use tradition Windows Dialup Connection or the one provided by Nokia software..

and does it matter..if u use any of those..coz am using SE W810i and i hav the software bt i use traditional one..

Which one do u use..!!
On both; windows dial-up & nokia pc suite's net-dialer I get same 16-24 kB/ps... AirTel provides here EGPRS or commonly known as EDGE... also downloads are very fast in mobile's buile-in XHMTL+WAP browser... :)

I was initially planning to get a broadband to use on PC, but this AirTel EDGE is really working fine now for me, also page loading speed is very good... so good bye to broadband.

Josan

Gangsta
i m using my nokia 6681 in punjab but m geting only 4-6kbs
can this speed b increased

Last edited:

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Josan said:
i m using my nokia 6681 in punjab but m geting only 4-6kbs
can this speed b increased
Go for EDGE if ur living in Ldh or Chd.

Dipen01

Youngling
ShekharPalash said:
On both; windows dial-up & nokia pc suite's net-dialer I get same 16-24 kB/ps... AirTel provides here EGPRS or commonly known as EDGE... also downloads are very fast in mobile's buile-in XHMTL+WAP browser... :)

I was initially planning to get a broadband to use on PC, but this AirTel EDGE is really working fine now for me, also page loading speed is very good... so good bye to broadband.

How much do u pay dude..!!

I hv to pay 11.99/day for EGPRS... here @Pune

sourav

In the zone
kiran.rkk said:
Do anybody have wireless internet like Tata Indicom or Reliance Rconnet? What download speed are you getting?

I do use Reliance Rconnet via Hellao (LSi-110) i get varied download speed. Average speed = 4 kB/s | Full speed = 15.7 kB/s

Dipen01

Youngling
i once edited the settings in dailup and it shows 921.6 kbps...:p

lolzz..i knw the speed was same..coz thats the max...Airtel can provide at this time..

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Speed depends both on Connecting medium and handset.I have 2 phones 6600 n N 70.

My observations

i) Bluetooth 4.4(avg)

ii)Cable NA

N 70

i) Bluetooth 9(avg)

ii)Cable 14-15

I have EDGE in my area

sudhakar35in

Broken In
Re : Boosting Airtel GRPS speed

I belong to TN and use airtel gprs (using bluetooth and non EDGE phone) for Rs.375 unlimited usage (all premium content downloads are chargeable). I get 4.2 KB/s from 02:00 AM to 08:00 PM. I get only 2.85 KB/s in remaining time because all local mobile to mobile calls from 10 PM to 8 AM are Rs.0.39. I have read in an article that in mobile transmitter, they will give more priority for voice pulses than data pulses and the mobile tower splits voice and data packets seperately (in GPRS mode). That is why speed is slow. Follow this way to get faster speed :

01) Click and open 'My Network Places' icon.
02) In the window that has opened, left click 'View network connections' under network tasks menu.
03) Right click the dialup icon (that you created for GPRS dialup) and click on properties.
04) Click 'Configure' button under 'General' tab.
05) In 'Maximum speed (bps)' option, choose 9600 and click ok and click apply first and then ok to close all windows and try.

Although the speed setting is slow, yo will get 100% utilization of network (can be seen by pressing Control + alt + delete and then going to 'Networking' tab). Or else only 1% of network will be utilized !!!.

But one more thing. Upload speed is worst in Airtel GPRS. Download speed is blazing fast. Maximum speed of GPRS standard is only 40.2 Kbps. I don't know what it is exactly KB/s , KBPS, KBps , Kbps or so. If you use it on EDGE phone, you may get 115.2 Kbps or more depending upon the version of EDGE (such as EDGE class 1 multislot, class 2, etc) that the phone is based on.

NOTE : DON'T FALSELY CURSE 'BLUETOOTH' TECHNOLOGY OK?. SPEED OF BLUETOOTH IS ONLY MORE THAN ITS OLDER VERSIONS LIKE IrDA. Infrared, cable, etc. IF YOU USE DUPLICATE BLUETOOTH DEVICES, YOU WILL GET ONLY WORST SPEEDS. CAN'T YOU GUYS BUY ORIGINAL DEVICES WITH WARRANTY?. HEY HEY STOP. IT IS NOT TOO COOOOSSSTTTTTLY FOR MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE. OK?.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom