Boosting Airtel GRPS speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
krazyfrog said:
I have an airtel connection. I get a download speed of 4-5 kbps on my N-Gage QD with mobile office. I'm planning to get a N6681 this month. Since it has EDGE, what kind of download speed will i get? Also how will i know that EDGE has been activated on my cell (any indication on screen, etc.). What kind of speed will i get after connecting it to a pc (using data cable) and using as a modem on EDGE.

With EDGE enabled mobile phones, one can get download speeds upto 15KBps.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well i get around 3-6kbps though its connected at 115.2kbps wit my k300i

n price is currently 99/mnth wil increase to 249/mnth from next mnth

CHeers~!

ravi.madabhushanam

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys..,
why there is difference b/w pricing of GPRS in various regions.. In hyderabad it's 499/- PM for unlimited download.. tooooo high :( ..what is the amount charged by airtel in other regions..

i use 3230 with Datacable.. i will usually get 10KBps with Flashget.. can any one please tell me any tricks to improove this...

Thanks a lot..

ELITE

Right off the assembly line
I am also using Airtel Mobile Office for 449/- in Rajasthan, Speed is Max 7 KBps :( , I will soon be shifting to CDMA based internet which is much faster then GSM.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Will some one care to explain what the Apnaz trick is, in detail?

Edit: Here it is

Last edited:

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
3 to 7Kbps in day time and 15~25 kbps in night it is totally depend on network load and type of mobile u r using am using sek750i perfectly ok i would say.

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
i am using airtel mobile office on my prepaid connection @0paisa /month from last 4 month.
and from last 4 month balance is my prepaid card is droping down further every day -11, -20 -30.
btw i didn't recharged my mob from last 3 month :)
here r all the trick which we use to fool airtel
*www.desi-tek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=700&view=getnewpost
u can't find these trick any where else :)

*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=fooling+airtel&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dipen01 said:
i once edited the settings in dailup and it shows 921.6 kbps...:p

lolzz..i knw the speed was same..coz thats the max...Airtel can provide at this time..

Hey buddy...... my default speed is also 921.6kbps without editing anything. Can u tell me how 2 check my real speed???

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
DU meter will help u in getting a continuous asessment of ur bandwidth during all ur downloads etc and u can use its stopwatch to see ur avg and total n highest data transfer rate all the time for a vry good assesment whch is not psbl with these websites

saikibryan

Journeyman
i'm using airtel gprs on my w700i, in calcutta, infact i'm writing this post thru tat, i get 3-4kBps, any suggestion how i can increase tat speed? i'm using data cable....

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I dont think any method to increase the speed as such exists. What i used to do was that i moved into open space and i felt the speed increased a couple of kbs, maybe due to good network strength.

BTW u wont get more than 5KBps(30-45kbps) in non EDGE areas or with a non-EDGE handset(though u might have one). Chck weather u have EDGE in ur area or not

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
always keep ur fone in full network areas.... other than that there arent ny tricks...

Edit: Here it is
its jus a mod of the two apn trick usin wich u can use airtel live to access other sites... it has been detected by airtel now n banned in some areas..
it uses a method called tunneling...

Last edited:

saikibryan

Journeyman
@ashu dps
my friends r using edge here
but my handset doesn't support edge...
though there may b network issue, inside my room there's always a bit of fluctuation in signals

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
hey, i use BSNL GPRS with my K750i, the speed is like dialup, but does the job, anyway top boost the speed here?

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
saikibryan said:
@ashu dps
my friends r using edge here
but my handset doesn't support edge...
though there may b network issue, inside my room there's always a bit of fluctuation in signals

30-40 Kbps is the limit(Almost) of Non-EDGE network or phones so u cant expect more friend. Yesterday i bought an IDEA sim here in New Delhi. It hasnt got EDGE towers here n the speed i got was same, almost 4.4-6KBps(35-45kbps) just what i got with Airtel using Non-EDGE handset, Nokia 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom