chukkabharath nice to see dude from A.p
ru selecting MO when promted connection on third party apps
and there's no limit of 100mb per day its unlimited
BTW:iam from VJW were ru frm ?

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Anybody using a EDGE enabled mobile to access Airtel GPRS? Whatz the speed you are getting? I know that it is mentioned 15KBps everywhere. But I wanted to hear it's actual value from it's users only.

K

krazyfrog

^^ It can go upto max 20 kBps during early morning and late night. During day it hovers between 10-15kBps.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I think without edge handset .. theses no use of MobileOffice,
edge enable handset is available as low as 4k now.

I get 12-14KBps

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Exactly, that's the same reason I asked the question. Currently I am using K750i which doesn't support EDGE. I am planning to buy W810i and utilize it's EDGE capability and bluetooth for connecting to my lappy.

Few days back I was thinking to get a Reliance Netconnect or Tata Indicom Data card. But they are really expensive in long run for me. Rather a EDGE enabled GPRS will give me the same speed and very dearer to pocket too!

Last edited:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes thats better .. even a seprate handset for just this purpose is ok to buy. data card is a useless n wastage of money.
since getting 3g is noway near .. EDGE handset is ok to buy, I would suggest nokia bcoz its more compatible to using gprs n all as per my experience.. just a suggestion.

Regards

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
mobilegeek said:
Yes thats better .. even a seprate handset for just this purpose is ok to buy. data card is a useless n wastage of money.
since getting 3g is noway near .. EDGE handset is ok to buy, I would suggest nokia bcoz its more compatible to using gprs n all as per my experience.. just a suggestion.

Regards

Hmm... 3G. It's good to have it too. Thanks for reminding. :p
In such case, Nokia 5700 should work for me. :)

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
Kiran it depends upon ur local network congestion and number of users....

In my city am getting 15 kBps without edge, Using nokia 3230 via data cable, but with bluetooth too i get the same ....
ya 3230 support EDGE but Bihar/Jharkhand airtel dont provide EDGE ....

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
almighty said:
Kiran it depends upon ur local network congestion and number of users....

In my city am getting 15 kBps without edge, Using nokia 3230 via data cable, but with bluetooth too i get the same ....
ya 3230 support EDGE but Bihar/Jharkhand airtel dont provide EDGE ....
Are you sure it is without EDGE? Nokia 3230 is EDGE enabled. You are probably getting EDGE connection.

And yes. It won't make any difference whether you are using Bluetooth or Data cable. Both will give same speed. Although CC will say use Data cable for good speed.

Last edited:

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
ya am sure mate....
even 6600 gives me 10 kBps... I ve posted some registry tweaks with screnshot dere u can see my d.w speed ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64448

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
@Kiran_tech_mania

he means airtel network is not edge enabled..
You should know that gprs speed is based on various factors .. no of users, etc. it includes that ..if u have edge then ok but your service provider should have a edge too in ur area. its like you have a 3g phone but AirTel do not have a 3G network.

3220 has edge and 6600 dont, which is a outdated set now.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I know that guys. Pune is EDGE enabled. Hence I am going for it. At present I am using K750i which is not EDGE compatible. Now I am planning to purchase Nokia 5700 so that I can utilize EDGE connectivity.

almighty said:
^^^
exactly :)
but its not 3230 its 3230 :D

And what is this? :D

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
here is my test report which i tested a minute back :D
*i24.tinypic.com/11l4toz.jpg

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
can ne1 plz te me a list of min cost edge fones.....planning to use in blr....rite nw using with k300i...dl speed wit reget is arnd 5-7kbps....browsing is next to impossible...ts too sluggish....wont run continously....that too wit arnd 2kbps

Enjoy~!

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Guy,m using nokia n70 wite airtel,n also using gprs frm it.I tried 2 cönect my laptop to internet via mobile using pc suit,bt wen i try to conect,it say One touch network failed to conect or sumthing like that.M using bluetooth devce as my conectivity,n in my pc it is vista wid pc suit ver. 7.Plez help me to resolve this n also,here in westbengal,they r charging rs.35 per day,is dat fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom