Boosting Airtel GRPS speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajan567

Right off the assembly line
Desi-Tek.com said:
how do u access gprs? via mobile office or airtel live? and where do u stay?
if u r in west and north part of india than use airtel live to download stuff from net u will get much better speed

hi,if we download any stuff thro' airtel live wont they take any charge for downloading...........i had lost more than 200 rupees in downloading using airtel live but in mobile office it is free of cost...........
actually am getting only around 3-4 kbps...........but it shows as 115.2 kbps and even sometimes 460.1 kbps..........but d downloadable speed is 3-4 kbps only..............am using n6670........how to increase d speed in my mobile.........is there any way apart from changing to edge phones

Last edited:

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Dats only ur connection speed not the speed whch u r supposed to get. BTW even that speed is in Kbps not KBps so u r gtng 3-4KBps whch is arnd 24-32kbps whch is the normal sped of non-EDGE networks so its perfectly normal. U wont be able to extract more juice frm ur connection

It connects at 115.2 kbps by bltth connection n 460kbps through data cable. Thats the max supported bandwidth through the medium u r using.

As for increasing ur speeds, u mi8 get into open area for stronger network whch may lead to increment upto almost 5KBps or maybe upto 6KBps sometimes(40-48Kbps). Thats the max u wl get in non-EDGE network

torrent08

Broken In
after reading all these posts, i have made up my mind regarding to get a EDGE Class 10 ,BLuetooth ver 2.0 enabled Phone & a DU cable[isnt it very coslty]:confused:
I will be moving to Madras this May for my PG studies & hence a Laptop with a mobile is necessary to browse the net. moving to a place called Uthandi , on the east coast road to pondicherry..Is tere anyone who knows which all mobile providers in Madras has Edge Enabled Towers ?? :)
is there any within a range between 6000 to 8000 rupees.?:eek:

currently i have 7250 nok, but only gprs with neither bluetooth nor edge :(..

Do let me know ur suggestions & advices..thanks very much..

torrent08

Broken In
pathiks said:
as i said n6630 or a 2nd hand 7710
well, they have exorbitant prices!!! tats why
however models are great with superb features..my budget swithn 8000,pathak...:( dnt hve much money..

torrent08

Broken In
pathiks said:
A friend of mine got a yr old 7710 for 7.2k a week back.. And u can get a old 6630 in 6k
oh :p

acco to ths site, *www.univercell.in/compare1.asp?mno=29&mmno=20, nok 6630 costs 11,999/-& nok 7710 18,799/- :(:confused:..my god I will never be able to buy that !!:mad:

but 7200 for 7710 ^ 6000 for 6630 sounds really good!! :razz::p:rolleyes: hey, does ur frnd brght it Second hand frm an authrsed nokia dealer or grey markets..I would love to hve a 6630 or Nok 70 at those price s:p ..How will one knw whther Second hand Products are Duplicate!!! :confused::confused:
how to find it guys!!!??
any Hologram , any sticker or somethng like tat..plese do advise..
i hve see n thread exclusively dedicated for "FAKE MEMORY STICKS"..:rolleyes: I do hope there will be a thread for FAKE Mob Phnes or Info Regardi SECOND hand MO PhoNEs...such info will be useful to many in ths forum...guys do contirbute..
thanks

JohnephSi

GONNA GET ALL OF YOU
I get speed of 6kbps and sometimes 1kbps in our area where there is no edge facility and iam using a n5200

vinayreddy

can any one tell me how to use EDGE by using SE W810i . And i want to connect by airtel GPRS i.e; 15/- per day

i am having airtel SIM and i have connected gprs by using SE W810i but getting only 4-5 kbps download please help me to increase

Last edited:

netguy

In To The World
hey this may be shocking......when I use my mobile as modem and conect it to system via USB cable..........i get a speed of 460.8 kbps...........its true..i dunno how much i get on my mobile

and it costs me just Rs 15 per day though i use through out the day...........but at the same time my mobile will be OUT OF COVERAGE AREA when i am connected

Last edited:

desai_amogh

In the zone
netguy said:
hey this may be shocking......when I use my mobile as modem and conect it to system via USB cable..........i get a speed of 460.8 kbps...........its true..i dunno how much i get on my mobile

& what download speeds u get with this??

casual_gamer

In the zone
what is the speed of Airtel live? Can i listen to online radio from mobile application Lcg Jukebox? The low bitrate radio stations require atleast 32kbps. plz it would be great if anybody test online radio and post here... currently i have Hutch, i will ditch it if Airtel live could fulfill my requirement.

hailgautam

Youngling
what is the trick guys, I get around12-16 KBPS in nights 2-5 during day on a SE K790 in hyderabad cost Whopping 500 bucks a month.

chukkabharath

guys.plz help me.iam suffering frm this problem from a year. i own nokia 6131 hand set.i activate airtel GPRS in Andhra Pradesh.here the plan in prepaid is Rs.15/- per day and 100mb download limit. the problem is i can access and open websites in mobile through "go to address" option.when i open yahoo go it doesnt connecting.not only yahoo GO! but also opera mini,mobizines,and other chat clients.wat am i do the third party net applications cant acess net.wats the reason.plz reply me guys.iam eagerly waiting for ur replies.thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom