Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Please suggest me some good,simple,fun books.
P.S:No books with those 0.5 cm font.Hate those huge books.
Is digital fortress good enough for a 17 year old? :p

reddead

LoSt!

haven't read digital fortress, but did read angels and daemons when i was 17....err which i was just a year back:lol:
it is still one of my favorites.......

aaruni

The Linux Guy
White Fang, Jack London, Classic
The Call Of The Wild, Jack London, Classic
Animal Farm, George Orwill, Classic
1984, George Orwill, Classic

utkarsh73

Journeyman

Digital fortress is good enough for a 17 year old. I read it when I was 18(an year back:mrgreen:) and does not requires much technical knowledge. It is one of the best thriller I have ever read, except for the ending which is too predictable if you know some facts about that famous nuclear attack on Japan and a little bit of chemistry;-). It will take great effort to close the book once you start reading(My personal opinion).

Krow

Crowman
I got a cool Flipkart gift voucher as a gift. Recommend what to buy. Books only, will prefer to invest on those which are not available in stores. Will try and avoid common books. Suggestions please.

amohit

Broken In
hey guys , recommend online book store other then flipkart.

Try Online Book Rental Library, Delhi & buy used books online at bookstore in Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Mumbai, Noida & more. very good deals on secondhand books.

Regards,
Mohit

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Krow,

but you would only read sci-fi books.

Or, try "Chaos walking" series by Patrick Ness. I've mentioned it in previous page. Though its 10% sci-fi.

Krow

Crowman
^ I'll check that out. I actually don't mind fantasy, science fiction, graphic novels. Otherwise I'll buy stuff and it will lie idle. One of my planned acquisitions is The Calcutta Chromosome by Amitav Ghosh.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Krow: try Michael Moorcock, donno what is avlbl on that site but von bek, elric, anything from eternal champion series is cool or these r the best > dancers at the end of time or the fortress of pearl. Its hard, harsh fantasy sort of like the antithesis of LOTR

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Can someone post about Self Help books as well here?

The Greatness Guide by Robin SharmaThe Unposted Letter (Apreshit Patra) by T.T. Rangarajan

What's age got to do with reading choice? :p
You'll like it! Go For it!

hey guys , recommend online book store other then flipkart.

crossword.in ! Transacted couple of times! Delivery @ Indore in 24 hrs. Very Nice Experience!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
has anyone read Worth Dying for - by Lee Child?
Someone from abroad gave me the book real nice.

BTW, this is my first post here. I mostly read Jeffrey Archer and John Grisham.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Considering that there are a lot many sci fi buffs here, has anyone read Hyperion? Hyperion (Simmons novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Went through the first one, a little dark, hardcore scifi....

RizEon

Broken In
Read Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson: Job's official biography. Mindblowing. Its as good as any fiction.

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Anyone read 'A Name of the Wind' and 'A Wise Man's Fear' books by Patrick Roufuss?Its superb,I liked it very much.Any suggestions similar to those?

Top Bottom