Bloggers' Corner

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I see the Creative Commons image is now visible, remove the text. Don't keep too much text all around, it's a turn off.

I see the Creative Commons image is now visible, remove the text. Don't keep too much text all around, it's a turn off.
It was a HUGE hack I did to make the image work.
I copied in the html code from my blogger account:D
And learnt about < b r / > tag.
then lots of tweaking.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
[Vista vs OSX vs Ubuntu] Erasing A RW

A comparison of the default Explorer/Finder & GNOME options for erasing a RW. It's a post just to show how easy it is & NOT how to do it.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Spamlets - Spam Can Be Fun
Spam is undoubtedly one of the biggest nuisance on the web. It’s everywhere - its in your mailbox, its in your blog comments, its there on social bookmarking sites and so on. While spam filters continue to wage their war against spam, spammers are getting creative - often with hilarious results. A twitter hash-tag service spamlet collects all such spam messages for your viewing pleasure.

Here are some of the gems I came across :
  • did you know that the big bang theory started with my big bad bazooka?
  • Upgrade your hardware now. Small men, do not give up hope, your time is here right here.
  • A key from her bedroom is in your pants”
  • enlarge your pole with wonder pills
  • power in your pants
  • Victory is yours when its big
  • Tiny droopy dingdong requires a massive correction with herbs.
  • Big Ben just got bigger and I am enjoying every inch of it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

• did you know that the big bang theory started with my big bad bazooka?
  • Upgrade your hardware now. Small men, do not give up hope, your time is here right here.
  • A key from her bedroom is in your pants”
  • enlarge your pole with wonder pills
  • power in your pants
  • Victory is yours when its big
  • Tiny droopy dingdong requires a massive correction with herbs.
  • Big Ben just got bigger and I am enjoying every inch of it.
:lol: hlarious. :lol:

narangz

Web developer
you sound like me :rolleyes:
*thesmallerbang.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/gauthams-guide-to-building-the-perfect-mainstream-value-pc/

Oh. Thanks for pointing to your blog. I got the configuration from Pathik. If you've read the post on my blog I've mentioned that the configuration is by Pathik.

Well, it's quite similar but not exactly similar. Anyway I want to tell you & others that I do not copy & paste others' work. If I do come across an article which I like from other website I copy a part of it as a quote & put a link pointing to that blog or website.

-----------------------------

Internet faces changes beyond recognition:

Internet will face radical changes as early as next year. The Internet’s ruling body- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICAAN) today agreed to open up the strict rules for TLDs.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
you sound like me :rolleyes:
*thesmallerbang.wordpress.com/2008/06/14/gauthams-guide-to-building-the-perfect-mainstream-value-pc/
Don't you think any person with the slightest know-how about hardware would select the same config? Considering the budget range and other variables? Don't accuse people like that.

narangz

Web developer
Don't you think any person with the slightest know-how about hardware would select the same config? Considering the budget range and other variables? Don't accuse people like that.

Thanks Pathik for clearing up this mess.

I never directly accused hum.
I just asked for a conformation.
Because recently, that page in my blog got an unusually high number of visits.
No war intended. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Yeah well including the sarcastic smiley and posting it on a public forum doesn't exactly qualify as asking for confirmation.

narangz

Web developer
MetalheadGautham said:
I never directly accused hum.
I just asked for a conformation.

If you wanted to confirm you could have sent me a PM. Leveling baseless allegations on a public forum is not a way to confirm, Sir. I felt humiliated by your post. There is something called reputation. It's like calling someone a thief.

Yeah well including the sarcastic smiley and posting it on a public forum doesn't exactly qualify as asking for confirmation.

To add to it there was a comment by MHG on my blog, which still is unapproved by me.

----------------

Recalling the Bill Gates era

Bill Gates- the man with a vision & a legend is retiring today, leaving behind his legacy. He will still be the Chairman of Microsoft but will now be spending more time guiding Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Mr. Bill Gates was the man with both technical & business management skills and I wonder if Microsoft will be able to dominate the software industry in the hands of Steve Ballmer? I am not so sure and I guess only time will tell the future of Microsoft.

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
New Antivirus Shootout by Virus.gr

Virus.gr has released the results of Antivirus shootout conducted on June 21, 2008. Forty-nine antimalware products were tested by them using 246705 virus samples. This test was conducted by virusp, a private virus collector.

Top 5 single-engine Premium Antivirus products :

4. Kaspersky version 8.0.0.357 - 97.95%
5. eScan version 9.0.742.1 - 97.44%
6. The Shield 2008 - 97.43%
7. AntiVir version 8.1.00.331 Premium - 97.13%
8. Ashampoo version 1.61 - 97.09%

Top 4 single-engine Free Antivirus products :

10. AntiVir version 8.1.00.295 Classic - 95.54%
11. AVG version 8.0.100 Free - 94.85%
13. Avast version 4.8.1201 Professional - 93.78% (virus.gr claims avast free uses the same engine hence would have identical result)
16. BitDefender version 10 Free - 91.32%

Read More

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Feeling Geeky...
Fed up with GNOME/KDE resource hogging Desktop Environment, but do not want to loose GUI! So now its time when you turn to fluxbox. Call this page "HowTo forge a simple geeky environment"....

trigger

Journeyman
Do you have any idea, how does Computer calculates its moves in chess -- No

So, here is your answer! Now challenge its intellection power...

Last edited:
Top Bottom