• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Bloggers' Corner

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
After a gruesome wait for more than one month, I was really becoming much unrested about Voodoo’s future and even started some fights on ridiculous reasons in some Mac forums. Previously, I posted about my two long waited wishes those appeared to come true in this week and Voodoo was definitely one of them. Being a admirer of Mac OS X for many reasons, I really like it to run on PCs defying restrictions from Apple. OSX86 was started earlier and was catching up with real Mac slowly, finally defining something which can truly hold position for this noble project. Now we have something that can compete with original Apple Macs over their reliability and performance frontiers, Voodoo XNU kernel is here.
Read more @ http://www.feelingentity.com/2008/11/28/voodoo-xnu-kernel-hits-release-candidate/

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

The security was beefed up in the city after the recent Wednesday terror attacks. Police squads were seen patrolling all over important junctions, high profile malls, railway stations and almost every place. In midst of this tense situation in the city, I was required to visit Nokia care to collect my phone, which was left with them for repairs.

Read the entire post

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
[NPTEL]High-Quality Free Video Tutorials by Profs of IITs
Gaurishsharma.com said:
NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by all seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science.

Basically, Senior Profs of Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have recorded video of their lectures and they have been hosted at Youtube.these are high quality lectures by experienced & well trained. The course contents focus mainly on engineering and science.

The various Courses there are

[NPTEL]High-Quality Free Video Tutorials by Profs of IITs
nptel's channel on Youtube

Already nptel is a popular channel with over 50lakh views.
But sadly not many Indians are taking advantages of it:|
So please dig this:http://digg.com/tech_news/NPTEL_High_Quality_Free_Video_Tutorials_by_Profs_of_IITs

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Hunting for hardware drivers is a cumbersome task. You first have to note down the exact model no of the hardware, next you have to navigate through the manufacturer’s website which is riddled with a complex layout and finally you get to download the driver. To add to your worry, if you download the incorrect drivers for your hardware it will create more problems than good, not to forget you will end up wasting precious bandwidth and time. Now you would plead if there is any software, which could download the required updated drivers for your hardware and install them automatically while you relax a cup of coffee. Fret not; your wish will be met by simple software named EnvyNG.

Read the entire post

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Beginning with Vodafone
Ditching the old, shitty cellphone network provider is rather easy, choosing an efficient new one is not. A devoted customer of BSNL aka Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited should probably switch, if not ditch all the providers at once. Many people alleged that each and every one playing in the battlefield of Indian Telecom is dirty and crappy, and should be banned out of the country eventually. But one has to see the perils of life without a cellphone connection, so I had to stick with one, something better in some way.
I had a so called Lifetime prepaid connection from BSNL Mobile, so I did not have the guts to just throw it away. Instead I started some market research within the friend circle only, after a google search on the same went in vein. They did not seem to understand the switch and wanted me to continue as I was doing. Now surely I do not pretend to be a mobile junkie like my friend Gaurav, but putting my money for best available results is a topmost priority for me. Since I am buying those recharge vouchers now & then, I have my full rights to get the best out of them. Airtel or Vodafone was almost automatic choices for me and almost everyone in my vicinity recommended either one of them. Now that was a tough decision, choosing between two of them.​
Continue Reading...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
First Look - Seadragon On iPhone

Finally Microsoft comes onto the iPhone. My initial thought was that Windows Live would be the first with a Google like Live Suite for the iPhone, but Live Labs is just kicking ass! Seadragon is the first iPhone app available on the App Store from Microsoft and it is beautiful. And iterates 1 thing for sure, Microsoft is better at coding applications for alternate platforms as compared to Apple within the given parameters.

What is Seadragon?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Unlike Mac OS X, which runs only on preconfigured Apple machines, Windows needs users to install specific drivers for their hardware usually available from their respective vendors. Now most users, when installing their new hardware, just connect the new component and pop in the included driver disk to their drives and just install everything from that Autorun prompt. They ignore the default notification from Windows itself, that ‘Found New Hardware’ window stating concerned hardware’s name. Incidentally most of the time, driver disks accompanied with products are ridden with several bloatwares and crappy softwares which might not be needed after all. These programs load automatically into Windows and tend to start at system startup, hogging resources and making Windows boot slower in the process.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
A Rant Against Everything

The following lines are part of a full-blown rant against anything and everything. I can’t be held responsible if it hurts your sensibilities. Also, I can’t be held responsible if you waste 30 seconds of your life on this page. So here goes:

My last post was on the 18th of November. That makes it 12+16=28 days between that one and this post. A lot of water has flown under the bridge between then and now.

Most of the things that could have gone wrong, gladly obeyed Murphy’s law...

Read it all...

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Embedded OS is in. Hardware manufacturers, consumer PC makers are proudly showing it off with their next-gen machines boasting features like ~5 seconds boot time. Mainstream motherboards are going to have little amount of NAND flash memory embedded on them which will be loaded with Linux distros with very small footprint. The resulting features are awesome, providing shockingly fast access to common internet applications, entertainment modules like media players etc. This comes handy when we want to have our hands on these regular applications in split timings without bothering about starting a full blown OS. It’s very interesting indeed and full of potentials too.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
15 Awesome Christmas Themes for Windows Vista and XP
Recently I blogged about some awesome Christmas Screensavers. Now its time for some awesome Windows Themes (visual styles). Fifteen breath taking Windows Themes (Visual Styles for Windows Xp, Visual Styles for Windows Vista and WindowBlinds skins) have been hand picked by me, to get your desktop dressed up for this Christmas.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Spam Magnets

The amount of spam being generated all over the world shows no sign of going down. If I had access to the stats, I’d be able to tell you that [a very large number under 100] % of all mail is spam. Okay, so I do have access to the bloody stats but I’m too lazy. Now moving on, in times like these you’d think that one must follow some basic rules of the Internet. No, I’m not talking about clearing your browsing history after each session. The rule I’m talking about is - ‘You should not give out your e-mail address on public bulletin-boards, forums etc’. But do people listen? NO.....

Read More...

Top Bottom