Bloggers' Corner

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Driver Installation: Clearing Misconceptions
Unlike Mac OS X, which runs only on preconfigured Apple machines, Windows needs users to install specific drivers for their hardware usually available from their respective vendors. Now most users, when installing their new hardware, just connect the new component and pop in the included driver disk to their drives and just install everything from that Autorun prompt. They ignore the default notification from Windows itself, that ‘Found New Hardware’ window stating concerned hardware’s name. Incidentally most of the time, driver disks accompanied with products are ridden with several bloatwares and crappy softwares which might not be needed after all. These programs load automatically into Windows and tend to start at system startup, hogging resources and making Windows boot slower in the process.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
A Rant Against Everything

The following lines are part of a full-blown rant against anything and everything. I can’t be held responsible if it hurts your sensibilities. Also, I can’t be held responsible if you waste 30 seconds of your life on this page. So here goes:

My last post was on the 18th of November. That makes it 12+16=28 days between that one and this post. A lot of water has flown under the bridge between then and now.

Most of the things that could have gone wrong, gladly obeyed Murphy’s law...

Read it all...

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Embedded OS: New Concept on installing an OS
Embedded OS is in. Hardware manufacturers, consumer PC makers are proudly showing it off with their next-gen machines boasting features like ~5 seconds boot time. Mainstream motherboards are going to have little amount of NAND flash memory embedded on them which will be loaded with Linux distros with very small footprint. The resulting features are awesome, providing shockingly fast access to common internet applications, entertainment modules like media players etc. This comes handy when we want to have our hands on these regular applications in split timings without bothering about starting a full blown OS. It’s very interesting indeed and full of potentials too.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
15 Awesome Christmas Themes for Windows Vista and XP
Recently I blogged about some awesome Christmas Screensavers. Now its time for some awesome Windows Themes (visual styles). Fifteen breath taking Windows Themes (Visual Styles for Windows Xp, Visual Styles for Windows Vista and WindowBlinds skins) have been hand picked by me, to get your desktop dressed up for this Christmas.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Spam Magnets

The amount of spam being generated all over the world shows no sign of going down. If I had access to the stats, I’d be able to tell you that [a very large number under 100] % of all mail is spam. Okay, so I do have access to the bloody stats but I’m too lazy. Now moving on, in times like these you’d think that one must follow some basic rules of the Internet. No, I’m not talking about clearing your browsing history after each session. The rule I’m talking about is - ‘You should not give out your e-mail address on public bulletin-boards, forums etc’. But do people listen? NO.....

Read More...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
'Blog' Fails Spellcheck!

The word ‘blog’ may not have been in Ye Olde English, but surely you’d expect at least WordPress’ spellchecker to recognize the word, wouldn’t you?...

:D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
SymTorrent - BitTorrent client for Symbian mobiles

Symtorrent is the first & currently the only Bittorrent client for Symbian mobiles. As per their site, Symtorrent is capable of downloading & uploading at the same time and also has the ability to save unfinished torrents. It also gives you numerous nifty options like previewing file properties, downloading multiple torrents, graphical representation etc. Symtorrent is currently available for s60v3 and s60 v5 smartphones.

Read the entire post

narangz

Web developer
Win Plasq Comic Life Deluxe worth $29.95

Loved using Comic Life after reading the review done by Techies Realm? One lucky winner now stands a chance to win Comic Life Deluxe (Windows or Mac version) worth $29.95, thanks to Plasq.com. To win the license, you have to follow four very simple rules

Continue reading...

Edburg

In the zone
My new blog on my views on automobiles and technology related news and stuffs - Auto and tech blog

its the first time i am using custom domain and wordpress interface.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
New Year Shows Efficiency Of Indian Telecomm

While we all get all worked up about the launch of 3G in India, little do we look at the horribly sorry state of our existing telecomm infra-structure. The entire telecomm network both cellular & wired were down for almost 25 minutes from around 11:58 PM, 31st December to around 12:20 AM, 1st January. Too many people wishing each other perhaps.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom