BJP is tearing apart - LK Advani quits BJP

Flash

Lost in speed
One of the founding members of India's main opposition BJP, LK Advani, says he is resigning from all party posts.

Mr Advani said most of the party's current leaders were "now concerned with their personal agendas".
Party president Rajnath Singh rejected the move and is trying to dissuade the veteran leader from resigning.

Reports say Mr Advani has been upset over the appointment of controversial party colleague Narendra Modi as head of the BJP's election committee.

At the weekend, he stayed away from the party convention in Goa where Mr Modi's elevation was finalised, saying he was unwell.

In his resignation letter to Mr Singh on Monday, Mr Advani said he was resigning from all the main organisations of the party, including the parliamentary board, the national executive and the election committee.

"For some time I have been finding it difficult to reconcile either with the current functioning of the party, or the direction in which it is going," he wrote in the letter.

"Most leaders of ours are now concerned just with their personal agendas," he added.
The 85-year-old politician is a founder member of the BJP and is considered the party patriarch.

Source: BBC News - LK Advani: India BJP leader quits all party posts

If there's no opposite party like BJP, we're doomed to INC forever. :yuck:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't think it's tearing apart.

Does anyone really want an 87 year old PM?

Modi was the obvious choice. Time for old generation to drink chai.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ exactly..

Didn't know that Digitians are interested in Politics too. :rolleyes:
but i dont think that BJP is falling just because of one leader signing out.
he is very old too.
and ther's Modi, others (forgot their names.. :oops: ) to carry on with the party,

Stil .
Poliutics is "Bakwaas" , IMO.. :lol:

Don't think it's tearing apart.

Does anyone really want an 87 year old PM?

Modi was the obvious choice. Time for old generation to drink chai.

he's 85 ..

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
All Indians are concerned about politics either directly or indirectly.
He/she will curse our politics/politicians/govt. atleast once in a day!! :p

Since Adwani is the founder member of BJP, he should've some *loyal members to praise whatever he do & follow whatever he do.
But think it this way - Whatif Advani starts his own congress as YSR congress? Won't it be a big blow to the already-blown BJP!!
Actually Bigshots play a big role in our politics..

funskar

Padawan
Once again advani is in greed for pm .. he is just thinking about himself rather than the party or BJP ..
Advani is behaving same like kesubhai patel in gujrat 2001..

Lal ho toh Lal bahadur shastri Jaisa warna Lal toh Advani v Hai :-D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I would love to have an Atheistic Party of India right about now. My votes will totally go to them.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Big Joke Party.

Expect that he will come back with certain conditions.

But think it this way - Whatif Advani starts his own congress as YSR congress? Won't it be a big blow to the already-blown BJP!!

Won't even be able to win 2 LS seats on his own. Cadre and Voter support is with Modi.

rst

Youngling
Modi is far better option than 85 old Advani

BJP will be benefited more with Modi

Modi is best leader in today's Indian Politics

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Paying my Respects to both Mr. Advani and Mr.Modi, I as a common citizen,humbly suggest our OLD Grandfather to retire and "correspondingly" our Lesser OLD Uncle to reign in.
That will benefit India.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
It is largely going to benefit BJP.. the youth wants to have a PM with experience and the mindset to bring about a change for the better and Mr.Modi is perfect for this job.. My vote definitely goes to BJP this time..

funskar

Padawan
The best thing about modi I like..

He said - Khangress mukt Bharat banayenge aur ish desh ko khangress se mukt karna asli aazaadi hogi:mrgreen:

There are many funny things which sg said when ig died & then rg said few months back:cool: ..
I coudn't control my laughter re n multiple time i watch that rg speech I keep felling down from chair :rofl:

Hrishi

What can we expect from a person who is concerned about his own benefit , and is ready to take such major steps because it wasn't in his favor.
I don't know whether Mr. Narendra Modi will improve the the situation or not. But I am sure he'll ensure that it doesn't becomes any worse.

Modi is certainlly going to gather more votes compared to him.

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Moves from LK Advani are childish IMO. First not attending Goa Conclave and now resigning from BJP. He seems to have forgotten what had happened in last election. Instead he could have earned some respect by retiring himself and being just an ad-visor to the paty, as he is veteran and founder of party. OTOH Modi magic is really spreading in nation. One could easily use it in building BJP.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
The best thing about modi I like..

He said - Khangress mukt Bharat banayenge aur ish desh ko khangress se mukt karna asli aazaadi hogi:mrgreen:

Translation please..

BJP top mgmt. is saying that "Advani's departure" is not linked with Modi in anyway and both are two different things (which were linked by Media for some hype). :razz:

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Nothing like that will happen :lol:
30 years from now thats a possibility
In 30 yrs our so called 45%+ population minority will become majority. Still Indian govt.(any party) will greet them as minority for vote bank. The general candidates(exam students) will be barred to write any govt. exams, all govt. jobs would go to SC,OBC and obviously so called minority people. These people will earn lacs of salary & still will be considered as left behind so to justify the govt. jobs quota.

d3p

PowerHouse
Translation please..

BJP top mgmt. is saying that "Advani's departure" is not linked with Modi in anyway and both are two different things (which were linked by Media for some hype). :razz:

Translation :

They will make a Congress free nation & that will be the real Independence.

Top Bottom